Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Leeds are in debt by a sizeable sum, I think we can definitely expect some players leaving. However, with Tel in charge I think there'll be some new players as well, and some players may leave that we hadn't expected.

Probable Outgoing Players
Nigel Martyn- Still an exceptional goalkeeper, but in the long run Paul Robinson would be better for us, so I can see him leaving this summer.
Olivier Dacourt- He's been linked so many times, I think he'll definitely be leaving, but we'll wait and see.
Bowyer- No need to comment about this one, he is practically gone.
Duberry- I can understand why he doesn't want to play here anymore, as he just isn't getting enough play time.

Probable Incoming Players
Roberto Ayala- Has stated that he would be interested in playing for Leeds. Valencia will sell for almost anything so that he doesn't go on a Free next season, so I think we'll be able to get him for a good price. An Ayala-Rio partnership would be fantastic!
Emerton- Seems more possible now that the former Aussie manager is here.
Other than that, I have no real idea on who else we may buy. Any ideas?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey I don't get the chance to follow the transfer market closely.

Rio, Darcourt gone. Bowyer to stay. Stam may come. Right?

Can I have an update please?

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rio is the only player who has officially left, and Leeds have not officially bought anyone yet. Stam is the only new rumour, and there have been no rumours on Martyn, so I sincerely doubt he'll be sold.

·
Registered
36 Posts
with that load of money they've got they should buy a defender like me i play defence.:D :cool: :greed:

·
Registered
98 Posts
pretty much bought Barmby today - i do believe that we got him at a good price - just hope we can keep him out of the treatment room.

Risdale has stated that he wants to shrink our squad by 4 - so with Rio gone, that just leaves another 3, however, with barmby arriving - then it's back to 4.....

i'd prefer to see - leave

McPhail, Duberry, Yeah - maybe it's time Martyn stepped back to allow Robbo to shine.. We'd still get a pretty decent price for him too, and.... Bow if he doesn't sign before xmas.. or else..Wilcox - don't think that he is needed, especially with the arrival of Barmby!

Arrive....

Still wouldn't mind seeing Holland arrive.. I think he is a fantastic player - if supported by a decent team (sorry ipswich fans), Emerton, yeah we've been after him for a while, cannot really comment on Ayala, but i'd still prefer to see Englishmen in the english league.. therefore not wanting to import too many from the outside.. he he..

Although that doesn't mean that I want Anderton!!! I really hope Tel doesn't bring him in - unless it's free of course - or Spurs pay us to take him off their hands!! :howler:

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
McPhail, Wilcox, Martyn and Duberry are probably the most likely to go, unless another club makes a good offer for Bowyer or Dacourt. It is always good to have a base of domestic players, but what you want is the perfect balance of foreign and domestic players. You don't want to be like a 3rd division club, but you don't want to be like Chelsea either. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts