Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we have to keep our eyes open for talent don't we. So far, that bloke up front for Senegal, the Turkish keeper plus that geezer Sas have caught my eye. Sorry I can't be more explicit with names, but I'm a bit under the weather;)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
you mean El Hadji Diouf, Rustu Recba and Hasan Sas.:D
All very good playerswho could be a success in the Premiership. Liverpool are close to signing Diouf and Arsenal have been linked with Recba, so maybe you can have Sas!:D :cool:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
ive always rated sas from when i first saw him play wth galatasarry this season... if there wasnt an exciting prospect like Bjordic around, it would be crazy not to try and get him as a replacement for giggs,,,, definately better than fortune
el-hadji deouf is going to liverpool....... poor guy
however, the turkish keeper looked highly impressive against brazil

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
in addition to that....sas is a very versatile player, as he can cope well on the right, and also take on a central play-making role...but hes most effective on the left.
best left wingers/midfielders:

giggs
sas
recoba

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Hasan Sas is said to be the next Hagi at Galatasaray and his performances for the lub has always been top-class.But there's no chance of us getting him.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
K-2 said:
Hasan Sas is said to be the next Hagi at Galatasaray and his performances for the lub has always been top-class.But there's no chance of us getting him.
Why not K2?

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
I'm not sure how suited he'd be for the English game, but I was very, very impressed by South Korea's midfielder, Yoo, in their game vs. Poland. Great skills, vision, passes and as we saw, he has a good shot as well. I have no idea where he plays now, but I'm pretty sure he won't play there next season. ;)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Martin Laursen, the centre half from Denmark has looked good. And Rustu Recber, the Turkish goalie, United were keeping an eye on him earlier in the season, if i remember correctly?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Looks like you are little late, Fred. Liverpool has signed Diouf.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Jacob said:
I'm not sure how suited he'd be for the English game, but I was very, very impressed by South Korea's midfielder, Yoo, in their game vs. Poland. Great skills, vision, passes and as we saw, he has a good shot as well. I have no idea where he plays now, but I'm pretty sure he won't play there next season. ;)
poland aren't exactly the same as liverpool or arsenal.:D

i don't really think we can go on how their performing in the world cup for several reasons;
1)they're playing alot of mediocre national teams who are nowhere near as good as the top clubs in europe
2)they're playing for their nation, and won't be as committed when playing for us
3)anyone can have a good tournament
4)going on past experiences you don't always get the brilliant player you see at a major tournament, e.g. poborsky

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
A couple of American players the fullback Sanneh and the left winger Beasley.

Sanneh was the most composed defender on the night and always had lots of time to deal with the situation.He is lso pretty good going forward and created the third goal for McBride.

Beasley looked a lot like Giggsy.He was quick,sharp and always looking to take on a defender.though Portugal's defending was sh!t yet he owned Nuno Frechaut down that flank all night.

Well done USA!!:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was hoping we'd see Wolf in that game, I cant' wait to see how he plays on the world stage. But yah, our defense was solid, Figo was invisible for most of the game. GO USA

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Damian Duff is very good... too bad we have Giggs playing on the left, otherwise I'd want fergie to snap him up... he looks like a younger version of Giggs. But since we have Giggs playing in the same position, I don't think he'd come, because he knows he'll be second choice.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Fergie has said that he's looking at 2-3 players in the WC and I feel that one of them is Steve Finnan.

The Irish fullback has been excellent in the coupl of mtches for his country and we shouldn't delay in snapping up this talented rightback from Fulham.He's young,very good and comparatively cheap.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Rio for sure, he's going to be a great centre back when he has more experience. We should snap him up before his price tag raises; after the world cup.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Russell said:
Rio for sure, he's going to be a great centre back when he has more experience. We should snap him up before his price tag raises; after the world cup.
It will have already raised by quite a bit, dont you worry. I think Lucio is looking good for Brazil.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Knavs

What do you think about slovenian central defender Aleksander Knavs? I think he was very good against Spain.

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
Mexico's captain, :star:Rafael Marquez:star: from AS Monaco. He shut down the Italian attack the whole game, didn't put a foot wrong. He can't be that expensive either. :)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I am a big fan of Barthez and when people were talking about replacing Barthez with a new goalie, I was very shocked and was totally against it. However, after seeing Sorensen, I feel that we should sell Barthez and buy Sorensen coz I feel Sorensen has played very well in the WC so far. He is a great goalie!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts