Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who's gonna be the top scorer?

rite now hooijdonk is on top with 15 goals, but serkan aykut iz rite behind with 4 goals...zafer biryol has 12 and tuncay in fourth has 11, and ahmed hassan has 10...who's gonna be the topscorer?

·
*the drum drum*
42,591 Posts

Made it into a poll for you ;)

Pierre van Hooijdonk (Fenerbahçe) - 15 goals
Serkan Aykut (Samsunspor) - 14 goals
Zafer Biryol (Konyaspor) - 12 goals
Tuncay Sanli (Fenerbahçe) - 11 goals
Ahmed Hassan (Besiktas) - 10 goals

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Manny said:
I think it will be Pvh, but that Serkan has managed to score 14 goals is more impressive.
Im trying really hard to not be biased but some of you wont let me.

Yes i agree Serkan's 14 goals is impressive because he plays for a smaller team. But so was Okan Yilmaz's golas the last 2 seasons....but noone mentioned it....!

However....if we look at PVH....this guy is 34 years old....plays with a new team...with a new coach......with new players...in a new league...in a new country.....

What has he achieved then: 15 goals and a couple of assists and he has a tough crowd to please......and Dennis you are trying to convince me that Serkan's 14 goals are more impressive.

Serkan who has played several years with Samsunspor, has won the goalscoring league once and he knows the Turkish league.

Can you tell me how that is more impressive?

Im just trying to figure out how you came to the conlucsion that Serkan's goals are more impressive than PVH's....;)

·
*the drum drum*
42,591 Posts
I actually think Pierre's is more impressive..
He's only scored 2 penalties from the 15 goals, and he's not the only player in his team who scores goals..

Serkan has the whole team built around him, looking for him with their assists..
And he's also scored 4 from the spot!

Pierre has another few players around him, and he's actually assisting a lot of their goals as well as outscoring them himself :cool:

I'm impressed with Zafer.. 12 goals, and all of them from open play..
And Tuncay with 11 from midfield.. :eekani:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
They are more impressive because he plays for a worse team than Fenerbahce. Pvh has got better players in his team and they give him better passes and that makes it easier for Pvh to score goals.
Tell me Cenk which team has created more goal chances this season.....Fenerbahce or Samsunspor?

Fenerbahce have scored 41 goals Pvh has scored 15 goals = 36.6%

Samsunspor have scored 29 goals Serkan has scored 14 goals = 48%

;)

I'm not saying that Pvh's 15 goals aren't impressive. It is very impressive escpecially when you consider that it is his first season in Turkey.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
If Tuncay hadn't been injured and had kept scoring goals like he did before his injury I think he would have been up there with Pvh. That would have been the most impressive performance in the league imo :)

Tolga I don't think freekicks are considered part of the open play.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Manny said:
They are more impressive because he plays for a worse team than Fenerbahce. Pvh has got better players in his team and they give him better passes and that makes it easier for Pvh to score goals.
Tell me Cenk which team has created more goal chances this season.....Fenerbahce or Samsunspor?

;)

I'm not saying that Pvh's 15 goals aren't impressive. It is very impressive escpecially when you consider that it is his first season in Turkey.
Bro, you gave your answer yourself....:D

Serkan is the only weapon they have, thats why he scores most of their goals.....but PVH has scored 15 goals even though there are more players who can score like Tuncay and Serhat......thanks for the stats bro.....they convinced me even more!;)

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Cengo said:
Bro, you gave your answer yourself....:D

Serkan is the only weapon they have, thats why he scores most of their goals.....but PVH has scored 15 goals even though there are more players who can score like Tuncay and Serhat......thanks for the stats bro.....they convinced me even more!;)
So do you also think that Ronaldos 23 goals last season were more impressive than Nihats 23 goals?

Ronaldo have fantastic players in his team who make great assists and like Pvh he isn't only player capable of scoring goals.
Nihat scored a higher percentage of Sociedads goals than Ronaldo did for Madrid.

·
*the drum drum*
42,591 Posts
Manny said:
If Tuncay hadn't been injured and had kept scoring goals like he did before his injury I think he would have been up there with Pvh. That would have been the most impressive performance in the league imo :)

Tolga I don't think freekicks are considered part of the open play.
Last I checked, Altan was taking the free kicks at Konyaspor. And he wasn't scoring too many either ;)

Here's an example for you..
Oktay Derelioglu.. Was a decent goalscorer for Besiktas and Fenerbahçe, but not as good as when he was at a smaller club.
He scored 19 goals in 18 games for Gaziantep, and 21 goals in 20 matches for Trabzon..

When he was at a club which doesn't build their whole attack around him (Besiktas, Fenerbahçe, Las Palmas), he was scoring at half that rate at best..

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Plus, the stats you gave are rediculous Dennis.

Fener has scored more goals thats why PVH's percentage is low compared to serkan's so you cant get anything out of those stas....;)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Manny said:
So do you also think that Ronaldos 23 goals last season were more impressive than Nihats 23 goals?

Ronaldo have fantastic players in his team who make great assists and like Pvh he isn't only player capable of scoring goals.
Nihat scored a higher percentage of Sociedads goals than Ronaldo did for Madrid.
No Nihat's were more impressive because nobody knew he was this great goalscorer....but...lol...what has that got to do with anything?:confused: :D

·
*the drum drum*
42,591 Posts
Manny said:

That's the worst example you could've used ;)

Ronaldo was the target man upfront for Real, and when he played, the whole attack was built in a system around him ;)
Raul's role on the field these days has changed from goalscorer to assist giver to Ronaldo.. Ronaldo is the only forward in their line-up! ;)
Meanwhile, Sociedad played off both Kovacevic and Nihat..

Fener isn't built around PvH.. Samsunspor is built around Serkan ;)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Manny said:
Are you still backing your theory with percenategs....:D

bro, if im playing for Sekerpsor and we have only scored 2 goals whereas i have scored one....that gives me 50% of the goals....am i impressive now?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Manny said:

Dennis according to you PVH should have scored 0.48 x 41 = 20 goals to be as impressive as Serkan....:D....and its only midbreak!

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Cengo said:
Dennis according to you PVH should have scored 0.48 x 41 = 20 goals to be as impressive as Serkan....:D....and its only midbreak!
Or the other way around....Fener should have only scored 31 goals so that PVH could have been as impressive as Serkan...:p

15/0.48 = 31

So when the team scores less goals the scorer becomes a more impressive player...:D

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I don't think Real Madrid is more dependant on Ronaldo than Fenerbahce is dependant on Pvh.
Ronaldo scored about 25% of Real Madrids goals last season. ;)

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Samsunspor plays against the same opponents as Fenerbahce and Serkan has only scored 1 goal less than Pvh. I still think it is easier playing as a forward for Fenerbahce than it is for if you play for a smaller team in the same league.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Manny said:
I don't think Real Madrid is more dependant on Ronaldo than Fenerbahce is dependant on Pvh.
Ronaldo scored about 25% of Real Madrids goals last season. ;)
Let me tell you like this Dennis.....its more difficult to score 25% of Real Madrid's golas then to score 23 goals for Sociedad. However Nihat's goals are more impressive since nobody was expecting him to score that many goals.

Just like PVH's goals are more impressive because he is 34 years old, plays with a new team in a new country and scores some amaziong free kick goals.

Its pretty clear to me...;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts