Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In every worldcup new stars are born. Some lasts for a long time, some only shine during the cup. Who's gonna shine at this cup? I don't mean biiig start, just players you'll remember a few months after the cup, maybe...?

I've got a few bids....

Bastürk, Turkey (Leverkusen)
I know it's prolly only 3 games for Turkey, but I think people will notice this player. Great technique and dribbling skills.

Sibusiso Zuma, South Africa (FC Copenhagen)
Watch out for this dribbler, he's good in the weather we're expecting in Japen/Korea!

Dennis Rommedahl, Denmark (PSV Eindhoven)
Extremely fast - if Denmark is a goal up he's a deadly weapon. Not all that skilled, but fast and very consequent in fron of goal!

Jon Dahl Tomasson, Denmark (AC Milan)
Not my favourite player-type, but scores a lot of goals and seems to be at the very top of his form at the moment....

Peter Madsen, Denmark (Brøndby IF)
I love this player, but I think Ebbe Sand will keep him out of the starting eleven ....a very talented young man, though. Unpredictable, technique is good and runs a lot....

Any other bids?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quitedk said:
Bastürk, Turkey (Leverkusen)
I know it's prolly only 3 games for Turkey, but I think people will notice this player. Great technique and dribbling skills.
definitely a good player to keep a close eye on...too bad Turkey is probably not going very far.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Two months ago, I told you guys to watch out for Julius Aghahowa... He will destroy defenses come this mundial...

Wears number 17 for the Super Eagles...

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Goallessdraw, (lovely nick btw;) can you tell me more abotu Juilus Aghahowa? He seems to be a future great. What positions does he play? what's his fav foot? His best features, his weaknesses, his record so far (# of goals and assists, # of matches played etc...).

Watch out for Djibril Cissé. He is the next best thing to come out of France since Henry and Trezeguet. Speaking of these two, they are still relatively young and could be very well the stars of this year's tournament.;)

But i expect a lot more young or not so young players to make a global impact this year. That's what makes the beauty of football and the World Cup.:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
San_Siro_1 said:
Goallessdraw, (lovely nick btw;) can you tell me more abotu Juilus Aghahowa? He seems to be a future great. What positions does he play? what's his fav foot? His best features, his weaknesses, his record so far (# of goals and assists, # of matches played etc...).

Watch out for Djibril Cissé. He is the next best thing to come out of France since Henry and Trezeguet. Speaking of these two, they are still relatively young and could be very well the stars of this year's tournament.;)

But i expect a lot more young or not so young players to make a global impact this year. That's what makes the beauty of football and the World Cup.:)
I love Cisse, good player on his way to greatness. Julius Aghahowa played for Nigeria as U21 in 1999 and got drafted into the Nations cup squad in 2000, he came into prominence when coming in as a sub, he scored 2 goals against Senegal.

He started off as a right sided midfielder and moved to a central striker in 2002... he never shy's away from 50-50 balls, is the fastest player on the team, has amazing tight control. Makes half chances look like full chances...Favor's his right foot though can shoot accurately with either foot. Averages 1 goal per game for the Eagles... Weaknesses, has a temper (hates dirty players), sometimes disappears from games only to appear and score a goal. When he doesn't score, Nigeria finds it hard to win.

If he dribbles you he is gone. You just can't catch him...

The funny thing is that most teams put their best man marker on him but he always finds a way to get loose...

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
From Portugal

Simao: we keep forgeting he's only 21. If it wasn't for his injury he'd be in the Portuguese line-up for WC 2002. The future leader of the Portuguese squad!

Hugo Leal: player extroadinaire. Exceptional player at PSG, very young, mature, and plays the mid very well. Did I say he can score?

Peixoto: future superstar!

Makukula: future super striker!

Postiga: future Pauleta!

Tonel: central defender extroadinaire. Can score as well.

Leite: Portugal's future #1 goalie

Ednilson: as my friend Marco puts it "smooth and silky...a future Paulo Sousa"

Tiago: as consistent as consistent gets.

Ribeiro: The future 'tank' replacing Jorge Costa in a few years

Hugo Viana: Rui Costa. Europe's biggest clubs are salivating at the prospect of picking him up. It'll be a war that's for sure.

Quaresma: Figo? O.K. maybe not Figo. Did I say the big clubs are going to war over Viana? They'll start World War 3 over Quaresma!

Ricardo Costa: defender extroadinaire. Power, poise, maturity...just another 2 years until Lazio, Milan, or Juve come calling.

Miguel: I can't wait until he matures.

Candido Costa: future Capucho or Luis Enrique. This kid has it all!

I know I threw in a lot of names. I guess the three biggest names everyone is talking about in Portugal right now are: Simao, Viana and Quaresma.

Simao is well known since he started so young for one of Europe's biggest clubs: Barcelona. I can't believe he's barely 21. He's ready to lead any club at the moment.

Viana is very much a Rui Costa type player. He's a joy to watch. Milan got a look at him during the under-21 and couldn't believe their eyes. They immediately contacted Rui Costa who replied "he's one to watch". They're already in contact with Sporting but he's still locked in for another year or two.

Quaresma is like Figo: power, speed, quick thinking...I can't wait until he matures! Italian prospectors couldn't believe their eyes when they saw him in the under-19 tournament 2 weeks ago. Many said he was easily the most talented youngster there. Juventus contacted Sporting immediately, as did Lazio. The feeling in Portugal is that Juve will have his rights when he's no longer a spring chicken.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Pablo Aimar.....

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Zlatan Ibrahimovic!!! :scream:
One of the biggest talents ever in Swedish football history :dazed:

Young and tall with divine ball skillz :angel:

Lets just hope he'll get to play, you'll see what I mean :devil:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Donovon , Beasley , clint USA
Joquim , Valeron , Spain
Benny McCarthy , South Africa
Titov , Russia
Hugo Viana
Aimar , Argentina
Ronadinho , Brazil
Mario Requeiro , Uraguay
Basturk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Definetly Ronaldinho!

Also Nawaf El Temyat from Saudi Arabia will make an impressive performance in the WC in my opinion! He definetly has class!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts