Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the first round of applications for World Cup 2010 tickets has already passed us by, and the second round began today. My question is: Who's coming to the World Cup here in sunny South Africa, and if not, well why the hell aren't you? :mad:

I've got tickets to the opening ceremony and have applied for 2 'round of 16' games. COME ON!!!

You can apply for the tickets on fifa.com btw.

A

·
0 Posts
fats, it's not as cold as in your backyard.

why are you not answering the original question? :eek:

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
So the first round of applications for World Cup 2010 tickets has already passed us by, and the second round began today. My question is: Who's coming to the World Cup here in sunny South Africa, and if not, well why the hell aren't you? :mad:

I've got tickets to the opening ceremony and have applied for 2 'round of 16' games. COME ON!!!

You can apply for the tickets on fifa.com btw.
I'll stay at your house.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll stay at your house.
£25 per night for the spare room, £30 if you want to use the toilet. Breakfast is negotiable.

What does everyone think about the ticket pricing as well? You can get to watch a group game for as little as $80 which seems like great value to me, but I don't know what the prices were like in Germany, so can't really compare. $80 dollars also gets you pretty good seats, the worst seats are reserved for SA citizens but go for about $15 for a group game.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
£25 per night for the spare room, £30 if you want to use the toilet. Breakfast is negotiable.

What does everyone think about the ticket pricing as well? You can get to watch a group game for as little as $80 which seems like great value to me, but I don't know what the prices were like in Germany, so can't really compare. $80 dollars also gets you pretty good seats, the worst seats are reserved for SA citizens but go for about $15 for a group game.
Really? That's not that bad, I thought they'd be more expensive. What is the criteria for applying to tickets? If you win the lottery are you obligated to purchase the tickets or can you still make a decision once you find out if you were selected?

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really? That's not that bad, I thought they'd be more expensive. What is the criteria for applying to tickets? If you win the lottery are you obligated to purchase the tickets or can you still make a decision once you find out if you were selected?
I would advise reading this:
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/faq.html

I know that you can apply for tickets to watch a country of your choice play, and if that country fails to qualify, then you get your money refunded, which is very fair. I don't know more besides that, but it should all be on the fifa website.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Does the £25 include certain sexual favours?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I would advise reading this:
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/faq.html

I know that you can apply for tickets to watch a country of your choice play, and if that country fails to qualify, then you get your money refunded, which is very fair. I don't know more besides that, but it should all be on the fifa website.
Cool, thanks. I wasn't planning on buying them yet, but I'll look into it. Definitely planning on going with some friends.

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
I applied for and won tickets for Serbia's opening round games (if they qualify). i received the notification email sometime last week and then a next email a day after saying I had to pay before May 4th or else i lose the tickets. so naturally i tried to pay (with a Mastercard credit card, while FIFA says VISA is their main creditcard) and of course my fully functional credit card does not work, i only had 3 attempts to pay with credit card and it wouldnt accept it and then I get a message saying to click YES if i want to wire the money but FIFA's website was not working properly at all as it just returned dead links. Im very pissed because it looks like I lost those tickets now and I emailed FIFA on Friday and still have not gotten a reply back from them.

Luckily I know this World Cup is not likely to sell out so I am sure I will have a lot more chances to buy tickets (If Serbia qualifies)

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
I have no issues paying for a ticket, it's just finding a place to stay which is a real b*tch.

My cousin lives in Cape Town, so I *might* be able to manage...I'd love to get a TST-7 ticket...you're guaranteed one game in each knock-out round.

One of my friends is definitely going, and already applied for Argentina tickets.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
How can I buy tickets for games I don't knw who play in it?

What if I bought tickets and end up to be Sweden Vs. Korea or some crap like that

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well that's why you can apply to watch Italy play, and if they don't qualify then you get your money back.

@red bandit, that's an unfortunate situation, but you can be guaranteed that the World Cup will sell out. Already a few hundred thousand people didn't manage to get tickets, in the first phase alone.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have no issues paying for a ticket, it's just finding a place to stay which is a real b*tch.

My cousin lives in Cape Town, so I *might* be able to manage...I'd love to get a TST-7 ticket...you're guaranteed one game in each knock-out round.

One of my friends is definitely going, and already applied for Argentina tickets.
What kind of money are you willing to spend on a place to stay?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts