Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
German football has fans all around the globe, meaning that, just like not all supporters of the German national team support a German club, not all supporters of German clubs support the Nationalmannschaft.

Therefore, how about we have a show of hands for how many support the German national team and for who support another national team. Also, just for interest's sake, which German club do you support?

In Germany, I support FC Bayern München, I do support the German national team, but I am also somewhat partial to the Brazilians (making the 2002 tournament a nice one for me, though a reverse result in the final would have been even better).

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
Hands up for the German Nationalmannschaft!! :thumbsup: hope they do have a big tournament! :star:
Some sympathies for Spain at the WorldCup.

german club, i am a supporter of 1. fc köln, especially the early years with Hässler, Littbarski, Illgner and Ordenewitz were awsome! now, it is difficult as the squad is changing every year, but have hope that overath can overcome the problems.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I want Germany to win the World Cup. Besides that I hope England gets quite far, but in a direct duel Germany has to win.

My German club team is obviously the 1.FC Nürnberg. :star:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Deutschlaaaaaaaaaaaaand!!! :D

besides my homecountry i support Argentina, i love them for years, i think it started with Hernan Crespo at Parma...(and Diego of course...)

other NTs i like are Colombia (Faustino Asprilla) and Canada (Paul Peschisolido), both not in Germany unfortunately...

My teams are Atlético Madrid, 1. FC Nürnberg, Parma and Milan...

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's hope 2006 will be the first of many World Cup triumphs for Prinz Poldi, Schweini, and others. :D :proud:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Well, i am an Ami,

so USA for the WC,

Germany of course i want to see win, but if it comes to a USA-Germany Match, i am for the US.

My club?

SV WERDER BREMEN :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Undoubtedly Deutschland!!! I remember as a kid back in 1982, when I first started watching football, I was happy that West Germany lost to Algeria. A giant had been slain. But as the tournament progressed, I remember quickly changing my mind and began to cheer for Germany. Seeing the explosiveness of Rummenigge, the clinical passing of Breitner, and the charismatic flair of Schumacher made me a quick convert. Have been a rabid fan ever since. Through the good years and the bad years.

Without a doubt, my team is the Deutscher Nationalmannschaft. When they are not playing though, I also always go for the underdog.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
LIT said:
Deutschlaaaaaaaaaaaaand!!! :D

besides my homecountry i support Argentina, i love them for years, i think it started with Hernan Crespo at Parma...(and Diego of course...)

other NTs i like are Colombia (Faustino Asprilla) and Canada (Paul Peschisolido), both not in Germany unfortunately...

My teams are Atlético Madrid, 1. FC Nürnberg, Parma and Milan...
Hey Michael, how the heck did you end up making Canada one of your favourite national teams? We suck. Ranked 89th? We'd have been a lot better if Hargreaves in Germany and De Guzman in Holland chose to play under the Maple Leaf. But I don't blame them for their decisions. Our greatest success was under Holger Osieck. But otherwise, it's been pretty sad.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
rammstein said:
I'll root for Germany, but I will root for all the underdogs as well.
Hey Bats, if Germany played the U.S., who would you vote for?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
The Champ said:
Undoubtedly Deutschland!!! I remember as a kid back in 1982, when I first started watching football, I was happy that West Germany lost to Algeria. A giant had been slain. But as the tournament progressed, I remember quickly changing my mind and began to cheer for Germany. Seeing the explosiveness of Rummenigge, the clinical passing of Breitner, and the charismatic flair of Schumacher made me a quick convert. Have been a rabid fan ever since. Through the good years and the bad years.

Without a doubt, my team is the Deutscher Nationalmannschaft. When they are not playing though, I also always go for the underdog.

How old are u Champ? :tongue: ;)

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Italy and Germany. In case they play each other, the paternal genes will be probably more dominant regarding football, thus I would support Italy.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The Champ said:
Hey Michael, how the heck did you end up making Canada one of your favourite national teams? We suck. Ranked 89th? We'd have been a lot better if Hargreaves in Germany and De Guzman in Holland chose to play under the Maple Leaf. But I don't blame them for their decisions. Our greatest success was under Holger Osieck. But otherwise, it's been pretty sad.
Well, I kinda like Canada in general... :) So i "support" the Hockey and football NT... (too bad they're already out in Torino! :doh: )

And with Paul Peschisolido being one of my favourite footballers (strange but true! :eekani: ) i started to follow the NT, too. And the Gold-Cup win was definitely a cool thing! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts