Votes: 0 0.0%
  • José Reina (Villarreal CF)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vampire Lestat made a request to make a poll about it. The question is, who do you think will be recognized as the best spanish player in the world 5 years from today?

Vampire Lestat didn't say anything about that, but I'll only consider player under 25 (born after 32-12-1978).

If I miss somone, please, post your choice and I'll add him to the poll.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
The obvious choice is Iker, but the guy has already won everything on club level and is already probably the best Spanish player so i wont vote for him.

I say Vicente simply because he has the potential to be one of the greatest left wings in history. When on form he is unmatched and can carry a team on his shoulders by himself, just like he did with Valencia at the beginning of the season.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
IMO, Joaquin will not only be our best player, but depending on how well he fits in at his future big club, the best in the world.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Torres, Yeste, Joaquin, Fabregas and Iniesta are all going to become great players in the next five years, and are the obvious candidates for this poll.
I guess it is between those five to win this, as attacking players stand out more, and get more headlines which win polls like this.
Players like Cassillas and Xavi are great players ALREADY, so I won't vote either of those two as they won't get much better than they already are!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Iker Casillas; that's easy.

Aside from him... Vicente Rodriguez and Xabi Alonso.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Although they just started to shine this season in their first full season but i think Jesus Navas, Sergio Ramos and Hector Font are gonna have a great career. Navas and Font are just wizards with the ball and Sergio Ramos has all the capabilities to be a great RB. I just wonder if they will keep this going for the next years.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Do you find that only Iniesta among the nominators doesn't have regular playing time? Most of the rest have starters. You Barcas have great expectation on Iniesta. But I have never really impressed by him once. You say he doesn't have enough time... In a similar position, younger Cesc has been proving himself on the other hand.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Thanks K4 for making the poll...

I think Iker should be recognized as the world's best golie in a few years. He is already mentioned by most in the top 4 (with Buffon, Cech and Dida). Unless he suddenly loses form, he will be fighting with Buffon and Cech for that honor for years to come.

Saying this, Golies are never recognized enough, so i voted for Reyes. He is a super talent and i believe with the right coaching and attitude, can be amongst the world's best players in a few years time.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
1. torres
2. joaquin/vicente/reyes
3. fabregas
4.alonso

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Xavi's improved a lot in the past couple of seasons, and if he keeps up that rate, he'll be badass in 5 years. He's already smart on the ball, but imagine him with 5 more years of experience. Scary.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
sad that vicente is injured so he couldnt proove this season how he can continue with that great form. Everything will now depend when and how he comes back from his injury. I certainly had voted for him. So its Iker. Yeste, Joaquin and Reyes in line.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My vote finally goes to Fran Yeste. It's difficult to say who is going to be the best in 5 years though. I've voted Yeste because I think that he's the most complete player, he has vision, he has goal, he's a leader... and he is crazy and I've always liked this kind of players.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts