Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, if we loose sometime in the EPL, you can verbally bash me for making this thread and jinxing us.

however do you think we can do it?

wenger said last season was it? that we may be able to go through whole season unbeaten, however we did, which i think was due to pressure.

but on the other hand, wenger didnt say that this season, and there wasnt any plans to break this kind of record (unlike the other because after going for a whole season unbeaten away, i believe we compelled oursevles to go one greater and win a season unbeaten throughout, wrong choice)

but nothing is on our backside, can we do it?

i think its pretty possible. only 2 kinda hard hurdles is man utd and chelsea. man utd is at home. not that bad is it?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Kiss of death.

Ha, ha, ha.....swift has killed it!!! I see a loss coming in your next game.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
We have a good line of defense this season, so I think it's pretty possible. But of course, unbeatable doesn't mean that draw result is good, in fact we should try to the win the rest of the games against non-contender teams and at least get a point from big matches against Man Utd. and Chelsea.

Our biggest problem now is we rely too much on Henry and there's few player to accompany him at the front as Aliadiere, Bergkamp and Wiltord are injured (hopefully they would recover soon), and Kanu goes to African Cup. Actually there's another player who can do the second striker role, David Bentley. So I just hope we can solve this problem quickly, because concentrating on four different competition is not an easy task. We are only one step to win League Cup. Then, we also have our duty to defend our FA Cup and maintain our good work in Premiership to win the league title. And the last but not least, the Champions League, every players and Gooners dream to win it.

And I am not scared of this thread being jinx, because I see a more mature team of Arsenal this season :D ;) . Do you remember the night when we were beaten by Inter 0-3 in our home ground ? That was a heavy blow for us, but we managed to calm our fear and nervous and held Man Utd. 0-0 bravely. So I believe one defeat won't affect our team as much as previous seasons.

FORZA ARSENAL !!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
It's not impossible, but I'd be very surprised if Arsenal (or any club) actually managed it, especially when you consider that Arsenal have been one goal away from a defeat 7 times so far.

The Wolves - Man Utd game proves that if you don't play well for just one match then that record will be gone, no matter who it's against. :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
well i am happy to hear an old chant which is thru and thru arsenal:
"One Nil"
its nice to see we have learnt again how to play like tht...

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
It's not impossible but than again, it's not very possible either ;)

If we keep this good work up I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to keep this good form going.
That sad we can still loose the league.
Two draws in two games only gives two points while one defeat and one win gives three points. ;)

So seriously, as long as we win the premiership I couldn't care less...but if we win it, ofcourse it would be cool being able to say"...and we didn't loose a single game" ;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good post by mutu :eek: dam i had to say that

we have to keep it up, we've been VERY close from losing quite a few times. its crazy, living on the edge.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly Swift, never come back here if we lose.
well i wont be leaving since i dont believe in jinxs, just added that for some spice. but if you are so vocal in me leaving, then maybe you should leave and stay away from the jinx :howler:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I made a thread before the milan game in another forum

21 games unbeaten run stop right there

u jinx them mate
whoever you play next will beat u

hold on
u lost in the cl
ha ha

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Yes I remember that thread. Roma just weren' themselves that night.

While Mutu's post must be noted, we must also note that the EPL isn't that hard a league and Arsenal seem to have that consistancy which you need. You won't do it, but you'll get very close.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jinx is just stupid ;)

i use to have a old belief that whenever arsenal scored i cant move from that position or they lose. after a few games this belief caught onto me so as you can imagine i was in some DAM awful positions!!! just imagine!!! :fero:

then soon rubbed off, didnt work. but it is getting worrying about arsenals form, it seems it is back on the rise up after some shocking form and some crappy play. but maybe it'll dip again?

pfft..who knows, one thing henry cant always keep this :star: form up, we need a decent partner!

·
Registered
115 Posts
funny how almost a fortnight ago or so you felt our title offensive was all but and over and this current unbeaten run meant little to you!

how times change eh!?

probably best just to take each game at a time and then go from there.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
i think its pretty possible. only 2 kinda hard hurdles is man utd and chelsea. man utd is at home. not that bad is it?
Just wait till the fixture congestion of all four comps kick in, then we'll see ;)

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
you guys just lost to boro, does that count?

before that, i woulda said no you couldn't because there's a saying that goes along the lines...

"in football, records are made to be broken"

forgot who said it, but streaks are made to be broken too. besides that i think you guys have a good squad, u can pull out of a game with 3 points even when u don't play well, (ie. liverpool arsenal game). and u have a quality manager, sigh.

i also had a small belief, i always wore my liverpool owen jersey to exams or big tests, the results never come so this year i don't think i will wear my owen jersey :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
jern i was stayin away from wht u mentioned and all i wanted to say is that we are no longer the only unbeaten team in all of britan....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts