Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say Porto or the qualifiers in the Liverpool group!! :boxing: Although, I'd love to play one of the big boys, Madrid perhaps :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
yes it's got to be Real Madrid.

1. we have never played them in CL, and it would be great to see that.

2. we could beat them well as they are set up nicely for our fast counters.

3. would be a joy of a game with both teams going for the win rather than these chess games where you wait for an hour for a goal.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yes it's got to be Real Madrid.

1. we have never played them in CL, and it would be great to see that.

2. we could beat them well as they are set up nicely for our fast counters.

3. would be a joy of a game with both teams going for the win rather than these chess games where you wait for an hour for a goal.
if it wouldnt be for number 2, that would have been a great post. :)

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I'd love it if we play Arsenal. Any chance of getting tickets for the Highbury leg guys ? Maybe if I book realy early, like next week ?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I wanted Juventus if we finish second (we have a good record against Italians) but now, with the opportunity to play Real Madrid, bring it on.

Vieira brace in the Bernabeu sounds good to me :D

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
We Barca fans would love to meet you. But I know you guys are chicken ... you will rather prefer some washed up galacticos who will be moving to Qartar soon.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
CMBurns said:
We Barca fans would love to meet you. But I know you guys are chicken ... you will rather prefer some washed up galacticos who will be moving to Qartar soon.

Now you are a Barça fan...LOL

:dielaugh: :howler: :dielaugh:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
The Merengue said:
I'd love it if we play Arsenal. Any chance of getting tickets for the Highbury leg guys ? Maybe if I book realy early, like next week ?
You can't book early you have to wait for the tickets to go on sale, I think. You could try writing a letter to the ticket office I suppose, don't know if it would work though.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
If Leverkusen goes through today, we have a great chance of drawing one of the German teams: Bayern, Bremen or Leverkusen.

Barca would be a tough one, but Real Madrid would be a perfect match. Their defense is crap but they'll attack us as much as attack them, and it'll be an open match as they play football, not defensive bollocks.

Bayern would be tough, but exciting (Lehmann vs. Kahn). Bremen and Leverkusen would both be a great draw. Out of the two, I'd prefer Leverkusen. Bremen is a tough team and not that easy to beat.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
khimik said:
Barca would be a tough one, but Real Madrid would be a perfect match. Their defense is crap but they'll attack us as much as attack them, and it'll be an open match as they play football, not defensive bollocks.
Don't be to sure about that, they played defensive against Valencia and Barcelona with varied succes. The same could be said about their recent game against Villareal.

if it wouldnt be for number 2, that would have been a great post.
Despite it being a very valid point. if you go for a offensive gameplan against Arsenal you have to be prepared for their counters which you really isn't.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Honestly speaking, if Real played against us like they did against Villarreal, we'd send them into next week. A team with better finishing would've knocked at least two in!

·
63,337 Posts
the best thing about Real v Arsenal would be Beckham arrempting to win balls from Vieira, how funny would that be ? i remember the game at Highbury the other year, Keane was sitiing really deep so Beckham and Veron were attempting to take the ball from him, it was one of the funniest things i've ever seen when Beckham attempted it, it was like a young girl footballer had won a competition to play against her idols on the pitch. :D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Beckham is a joke of a centralised player. How is he supposed to play there if he can't win a ball off a play? All he's good for is crossing and dead-ball's.

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
Beckham is a joke of a centralised player. How is he supposed to play there if he can't win a ball off a play? All he's good for is crossing and dead-ball's.
yes and winning free-kicks with his funny dives from a standing start.

Vieira and Fabregas will toy with him methinks, we don't even have to worry about crosses from RM as they like to play it through the defence like we do, everything about them is made for us.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
And when we're winning 4-0, move Henry and Pires over to the right and let them humiliate that insult of a fullback Carlos.

·
63,337 Posts
Politician said:
I hope you get Werder Bremen and get knocked out by the mighty Krauts ;)
I hope you have a serious accident in a freak incident with an electric lawnmower. :shades:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts