Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity who would you offer to juventus to get zidane?
Anelka and who else?? (Please don't say Roberto Carlos :( )

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I have said this before. ANYBODY. Roberto Carlos included. Morientes included. Raul included. Savio, Salgado you name it.

Everybody except for Hierro and Redondo (mostly for reasons of honor).

There is no other player in Europe like Zidane right now. All the rest of them are replaceable.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Except Anelka, I won't let anyone OUT! (OK, if they want Campo...)
Hey, in this deal, we just need to give up Figo, then use the $ that we wanna pay for him to pay for Zidane....

[Edited by real player on 17-07-2000 at 08:44]

D

·
0 Posts
I'm dissapointed with your opinion, hala. You would give Raul for Zidane.How could you call yourself Madrid fan then? I wouldn't give Redondo too, because he's a genius too, and he knows this team.As for RC, he's my favourite player, so... :)
Reasons why we shouldn't get him:
1) he is old - 28 I think (but look at his head) :)
2) his play at Juventus is way below his form for France.
I don't think anyone would name him in top 5 of the best players in the world 6 months ago.And after his performance on Euro, everybody think he's the greatest.
And Raul for Zidane? You're happy labas is on vacation!
HALA MADRID!!!

A

·
0 Posts
i think if zidane comes there will be no first team football for guti.
so i would offer guti.although he is one of my favourites not better than zidane.

only problem is the age.
GUTI is young talented skillful and still growing as a player.

ZiZoU is 28 losing his hair but the best in the world at the moment.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Guys guys guys....get serious.....Jose MAri guti Gutierez has everything Zidane had when he was hsi age except the injury proneness.

He is also more agressive than Zidane meaning he might just be a better player.

I as not even a die hard Real Madird fan wouldn't give up anyone for Zidane because Guti is a top class talent.

Aren't you guys tired of all the bought players and lack of consistency in the league. You know why because people like Seedorf and Panucci and the like that have al passed through Madrid don't realize what it means to play for Madrid.

Look at Helguera. Everyone knew he was a good player before but with his level of determination he has become one of SPain's finest.

Don't think for one minute he would be showing that level of determination if he was playing at a foreign club like Lazio or Man Utd.

Its all to do with him being Spanish and understanding the privilege of playing for one of the big two in SPain.

Guti understands this and its that kind of attitude that brings about stability and consistency in the league. Not just winning big games in the Champions league.

MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
ilTAZZ

I’ve read your post carefully and I’m afraid I’m gonna have to disagree with you. Here’s why:

Jose Maria Gutierrez “Guti” is in my opinion a great talent. There were some rumors this year of him maybe being sold, well, I was 100% against it since except for anything else, he’s a true Real Madrid boy, coming from the youth departments. I agree that he might, just might have the potential of becoming Zidane-like, he’s technical, has speed, a good vision of the game on occasions, but except for him being injury prone (which is a big setback on its own) lacks in my opinion something even more important: leadership skills. And why is that? Simply because on a lot of occasions he is not serious. The guy has a history of acting childish, you can’t expect any serious team to depend on him, much less build its game on him, he is so yellow-red card prone it’s unbelievable! If I’m not mistaken, he finished 2nd in the cards “race” in this year’s La Liga while playing in only a bit over half the games! He left his team with 10 men in the crucial ChL game against Rosenborg, well, that happens, but when it happens with such frequency, ah, it’s hardly a coincidence anymore! The guy is not even THAT young anymore, I think he’s 24 this year (born 1976 if I’m not mistaken). Same age as Francesco Totti, and look at the difference between them! He is hardly the player Redondo was in his age. Oh, I remember Redondo in the WC1994 playing for the Argentine National, he was Guti’s age back then, and he would stand out in the squad! A squad with Maradona, Batistuta… I remember him playing with Tenerife against Olympiakos in Athens, and you could see that the guy was a leader, after you had seen him in the field for a couple of games you were bound to remember him, he was of such level!

I guess my point should be obvious by now: you can’t say you wouldn’t buy Zidane in order to stick with Guti! Zidane, except for all his other well known skills is a dependable, consistent, TEAM player. While Guti is exactly the opposite. Talent alone is not enough you know. And I needn’t speak about experience…

I agree that the successive "mega star" transfers are not good for a team. But it’s not what we’re talking about on this occasion, is it? The Real Madrid core players are and will still be around, the same happened with Seedorf and Panucci leaving, I don’t think they’ve left any gap whatsoever in Real Madrid!

They were not even half the players Zidane is for that matter.

I also think that when signing a "mega star" the risk involved is big. You pay huge money on him and you don’t know if your money is ever going to pay back. I would be willing to take that risk for Zidane, not this season’s Serie A Zidane, the Zidane of the French National, the Zidane that has stated loud and clear that he wants to play in Spain.

And I don’t think that to expect from a player like Zidane to do for Real Madrid what his countryman Michel Platini did for Juventus in the mid-80’s is too much to ask…

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First of all hands off Raul or Morientes!!!!:mad:
How dare you touch them!?!:mad:
Raul alone is at least ten zidanes.

Guti I'm hesitant to give up he still has a lot of years ahead of him, he still has a chance to grow up. I would hate to see him go to another team get his game together and haunt us.

I would unload E'too or Balic in addition to Anelka.
Don't you wish we could use other teams as dumps so we could dump players we don't need or position players that we have in surplus :) Unfortunately my hunch is that if Juventus was open to the idea of moving zidane they'd probably ask for guti :(

Perez should have never mentioned zidane in his campaign. He would have been better off mentioning Riquelme, younger player that would come a lot cheaper and fits into the youth movement of the club.

A

·
0 Posts
well i guess we should wait until tomorrow when anelka update his webpage and see exactly where he is going

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yup, I think ANELKA got the point....
If we really have $57M to spend, plus Anelka, then Juve surely will take this offer more seriously! Just one thing, they just bought a forward, maybe they don't need Anelka...

I just give my opinion, (even though you may think I know less about football then), I NEVER consider Guti is that much talented and valuable!!! His skill is not that mature, he can't really do everything that he wants to the ball, also, as Hala said, he's even not that young! If any team offers him, I'll think about it. As lond as they give the right price......

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Well saying that Zidane is not performing well in Serie A is not true!I watch Serie A's game every week and i can tell you that Zidane was always the best or the best with Davids or Zambrotta or Conte player for Juve week in, week out!

I would give away anyone except Redondo, Raul and Roberto Carlos...and Casillas!
Raul because he is the symbol of Real, Roberto Carlos for his generosity and Redondo for being the leader and best player of Real.
I too fell in love with Redondo's play in WC94 and while he was at Tenerife when they Played Auxerre in Uefa Cup at that time. It was a treat watching Redondo playing!

What's the matter with Barca's Gaspart saying that he will bring Zidane to the Nou Camp?Is that another rosy promise or is there any veracity behind that?
I hope to Zidane in the Bernabeu and not at the Nou Camp!Well in any case, Zidane in Spain is better than Rubentus.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Furia, to suggest that Raul is at least 10 Zidanes shows that sadly, you don't know much about football.

I agree though that Riquelme (if he's as good as people consider him to be - I haven't seen him in so many games) might be a better option.

[Edited by hala on 18-07-2000 at 08:32]

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hala, while zidane is great I feel that Real can do without him and he is not going to get any better. Raul while great still has some room to get better and has many more years ahead of him than Zidane. Maybe I was going a bit too far with raul being worth ten zidanes but I consider raul to be more important than zidane and to suggest that Raul is transferable is sacrilege. Anybody who would consider swapping raul is what? football illeterate? :)

Players that I'd much rather Florentino go for:
Nesta of Lazio
Thuram of Parma
Riquelme of Boca Juniors
Keep Munitis.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
furiablanca

I absolutely agree with you as well in Raul as in the players Perez should target for! :)

And guys...how dare to consider RAÚL transferable!!!!I still can't believe that! :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!

A

·
0 Posts
well furiablanca i agree with you a lot also on raul and also the players florentino should go for but i would like to ad one player to it ronaldinho gaucho from gremio.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Guys, how old are you and how long have you been Real Madrid fans for?
Don't take it the wrong way, this is not an insult or anything, but if you've been Real Madrid's fans for 5 years or less I can understand how you feel, about Raul especially.

I've been a Real Madrid fan since 1984, have lived moments of glory and moments of disgrace.
The mid-80's squad was arguably the best Real Madrid of all times behind the legendary mid-50's one (and in a result basis, the Real Madrid of today). It was called the "Queen with no Crown" since they accomplished almost everything but the utmost goal: the Champions' Cup. They won 2 back to back Uefa Cups (1985-1986) and 5 consecutive Ligas (1986 to 1990). These were times when Bernabeu was like haunted for every European club: 4 and 5 goals were scored there by Real Madrid almost in each international game, no matter who the opponent was. My idol at the time and the reason I became Real Madrid in the first place was Emilio Butragueno. Emilio Butragueno was for every madridista at the time exactly what Raul is now: a born and bread madridista (his father was a socio, made him a socio the day after he was born, was taking him to Chamartin since he was a little kid), started with Real Madrid B (the youth depts) and eventually jumped to the first team. He was called up at La Seleccion at age 19 and he's STILL the top goalscorer ever with 26 goals. Him and Hugo Sanchez hold the record of the top goalscorer pair ever in La Liga.

Of course if somebody would have asked me at the time : "would you trade Butragueno with Maradona in Real Madrid?" I'd probably have slapped him (to put it mildly). Butragueno and Madrid were one thing to my eyes, neither would do without the other. But sadly, the offer would have been a very good one (for the club): as much as I've loved Butragueno, he was no Maradona I'm afraid...

Ever since the times of La Quinta del Buitre (Butragueno, Michel, Martin Vasquez, Sanchis, Pardeza) and especially the man himself, the period of idolizing persons for me is OVER, gone and forgotten. The only thing I care for now is the club. I could not care less if Raul or Roberto Carlos or Morientes or whoever else (except for Hierro and Redondo, my two last soft spots) was sold tomorrow and we won next year's Treble. As another great from that era, Hugo Sanchez said on Real Madrid: "Las personas pasamos y las instituciones quedan." (We people pass but the institutions stay). I've reached a point to understand this now.

And I'll quote, if I may, another Real Madrid legend, Alfredo di Stefano, on the Zidane matter: "Will Figo come? Will Zidane come? These two questions also have to be answered. They are both excellent players, but I think Zidane would be a very important part in the white (blanco)entity's "machine". Moreover, he is already tired of playing in Italy. It seems like he said during the Euro that one day he would be playing side by side with Raul. And I think they would form an extraordinary pair."

You can find both interviews on http://www.libredirecto.com

After this little story, I guess you can see clearly why (or rather one reason of many) I'll never become a Real Madrid president...

P.S. While for Butragueno rumors around Spain suggest that most probably we'll see him in the club's presidential chair... Spaniards of the forum please confirm!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
furiablanca said:

Players that I'd much rather Florentino go for:
Nesta of Lazio
Thuram of Parma

You guys are deluded :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
ilTAZZ

Now that you reminded me, in http://libredirecto.com is posted that Inter Milan is ready to offer 3.000 mil. ptas for Redondo! Apparently your team had approached him before the elections and he declined, but are now hoping for the possibility of him being displeased with the change of administration and reconsider!

It looks like you're no better yourselves... :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Buying Zidane would be a BIG mistake! He's great playing with France but at Juventus he sucks, he only made 1 assistance and scored 4 goals with Juve last season!!! BTW, when is Zidane going to get hair transplant? With all the money "Zidane_Baldy" earns he could afford a hair transplant!!!

[Edited by isgna on 18-07-2000 at 21:11]

1 - 20 of 62 Posts