Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roberto Carlos

Votes: 1 5.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many players always say that : this will be my world cup" etc..etc..

It was Garrincha's world cup in 62
Pele's in 70
Beckembauer's in 74
Kempes in 78
Rossi in 82
Maradona's in 86
Mathaus in 90
Romario in 94
Zidane's in 98

Who's world cup is it in our team packed with stars??:confused:

Is it Ronaldo's come back
Rivaldo's last cup
Cafu's last cup?
Or even the Roberto Carlos's cup?

have your say lads!;) :cool:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I am gonna go with Rivaldo right now because he has just as many goals as Ronaldo and has always been there when we really need it. He scored the first goal to break Belgium's heart and also broke England's heart right before going into halftime, hadn't he done that it could have been a much different story.

Ronaldo still can do better, Ronaldinho will have a great WC finals if we make it so it might just be his final! :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
I voted Rivaldo.

If you remember how he was playing for our NT and how he plays now, i think he is playing in high level.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I hate to say this buts its Rivaldo who I voted for,He is simply amazing now,He always comes when we need him.From now on I am a big fan of him.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
it's rivaldo. he had a good cup in 98, but this time he's just been FANTASTIC in every game.

against turkey, he set up ronaldo's goal (when we really needed it) and scored the winner (when it looked as if we would get only one point). against china, he scored one goal and made a pinpoint cross-field 50-yard pass to cafu, who set up ronaldo's goal. i can't remember what he did against costa rica, but he scored again! against belgium, he scored arguably the most important goal for brazil in this world cup, because belgium was growing in confidence toward the end of the game. then, against england, he scored our second most important goal, to tie england right before halftime, end seaman's shutout string and show the england defense that it couldn't handle brazilian magic. if he scores in the next two games, he breaks jairzinho's record and puts his name in the brazil history books forever.

but all that can change with a little magic from one man: ronaldo. if ronaldo stops tapping the ball in the net from 6 yards out and instead goes on a couple of his amazing runs with defenders chasing him and scores a few goals to win the world cup semifinal and final, then, unfortunately, everyone will forget about rivaldo because ronaldo's name is bigger. the world cup will be remembered as THE RETURN OF RONALDO. but, for my money, it's rivaldo who's showing he wants to win this world cup.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I think the media will put it as Ronaldo-the comeback kid that win the WC for Brazil. The media is overhype by the phenomenal back to his best.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please billi!
If someone deserves the credit for South korea it is the 13th player on the pitch...the most realiable one!;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Korea's forgot to pay this ref because THEY LOST!

Germany, you're next after Turkey! :happy:

Cheers,
Patrick

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ronaldo might win the golden boot.

But Rivaldo is the MVP. A perfect choice for 10 Brazil.

Winner against Turkey
When Costa Rica was staging a comeback he put the game away.
Winner and goal of the tournement against Belgium.
Dramatic Equalizer plus best player against England in match of the two best teams.
The one player Scolari would not substitute against Turkey. About 5 shots.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i agree, jason. ronaldo will get all the glory if he scores in the final and we win. but i think rivaldo has really been the difference on this team. he has gone out there and quietly done an amazing job worthy of the 10 shirt.

but this really is a great TEAM felipao has made. several players are having great tournaments: ronaldo, rivaldo, cafu, marcos, gilberto silva, kleberson.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
agree. i think the real MVP is Rivaldo but the media all over the world always say that this is Ronnie's World Cup coz he score a lot. i voted Ronaldo.
just wondering... will we do better when Romario is in the team?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts