Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thinkbarcelona even though they lost 3-1 at chelsea will win the champions league. They got the best weapons in the world. With figo and rivaldo playing next to each other, nothing can stop them.
And galatasaray will definitely win the uefa.
they have been knocking out everything on their ay so far!!
astalavista...!!

L

·
0 Posts
As far as the CL is concerned I really truly believe that Porto is still a very strong candidate, Well i at least hope they are, because the longer there in that the better, * both for the country and of course Sporting's chance of winnibg the Liga and the Taca.

OK now Uefa Cup ? Hmmmm is that still going on, cause i thought that no further competion would be permitted. Oh well .

·
Registered
595 Posts
CL: it's FC Porto or Barcelona.
UEFA Cup: it's a shame. But maybe Arsenal will win the final game.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
VALENCIA wins CL!
It may sound like a joke but think about it and it might make sense.
No team can match the speed of their counter atacking, and they showed against Lazio they can also control the game.
Another candidate is Barcelona and look at their results against Valencia, I think Val won 3 of last 4 with 1 draw scoring like 3-4 goals a game. And to be honest, wouldn't it be so COOL if Valencia won! :) :) :)
I know ManU is really strong but I hate them, so lets hope Real kicks them out.

As for UEFA, Arsenal wins easy.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
I really think the UEFA CUP is stupid. Its a trophy habded out to teams that:

1. Finished 3-4-5-6-7 in their leagues
2. Teams who could not make it in the CL

really ridiculous...I mean in the Olympics if you win the Bronze medal in one of the swimming competitions do you gather all the 3rd place swimmers in the swimming competitions put them in a pool and see who the REAL 3rd place winner is?

As for the CL...its lost its soul. It should be a straight knockout tourney with ALL the champs from ALL the leagues in it. A team from Estonia should have the same amount of teams (1) as a team from Italy (1).

And to stay in harmony with the topic...I say the CL final will be Porto-Valencia.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Exactly, blame teams like AC Milan who expect to be in it every year because they are a "big club". The year they finished 8th in the league they threatened legal action if UEFA didn't let them in the CL - what a ****ing joke.
Of course they didn't get in but the next year 4 teams from Italy get in the expanded CL.
This years been **** with 2 group phases.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
yes...football has lost its soul...is it FC FLORA TOLIN's (estonia) that you spent a gazillion dollars on players and your team still sucked? It's all BS run by the Serie A presidents...UEFA just bends over and lets them doo whatever they want...absolutely disgusting.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yeah, but thats the name of the game nowadays. Unfortunately cash rules, which can be seen in the expanded "Champions" League. In a few years I think there will be something like a Euro "league" during regular seasons with matches every two weeks. I know many of the big clubs want this, actually I believe it is Milan who's taken the initiative...All about the ca$h :(

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I'm torn as far as this issue goes. I agree with Marcoa that the true championship was the old European Cup or whatever they called it. A true knock-out event is the fairest. I think even the old Champions League event where the champions of each country played and they had a group stage was fine.
I don't like the current competition in spirit, but I like it for practical purposes. I never get to see any good soccer, so the expanded format means more games to see. Granted, many games are next to meaningless, but poor soccer is better than no soccer.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Marcoa I agree with you 100% all the clubs are interested now is money.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Someone said depending on how bad the nations clubs do in europe will depend on how many teams will be in the competition the following year so will the italian teams be reduced since they have only one team soon to be none in the CL and UC???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts