Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must admit although slightly biased I think it will be Owen, I judge this on the strong belief that a) England are going to win the world cup and b)that England have no other forwards so the reliance on his goals will be heavy.

I disregard any French players because either way they are going out second round to us or Argentina.

Ronaldo could have a shot, with their easy group but dodgy knees are still dodgy knees no matter whose knees they are.

Vieri would have a great chance if he was playing in a stronger team, I would be very surprised if this Italian team got any further than the quarter finals.

So with Germany having no great forwards, same with Portugal only really an Argentinian an Englishman or possibly a spaniard could win the golden boot - lets be honest Heskey has no chance!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I don't think England will win the WC and will do well to get to the QF. If we get to the semis which is quite unlikely then Owen will have a chance. England rely on him for goals and he can score against anyone at any time, depsite how well England are playing. Apart from that i'd say Vieri as well, as long as he plays most games and doesn't pick up injuries. Also Raul if Spain turn it on for once in a major tournament. Also Trezeguet or Crespo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts