Xtratime Community banner

Who will win the UEFA golden boot ?

  • Ailton ( Werder Bremen ); 25 goals/50 pts.

    Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Henry ( Arsenal ); 25 goals/50 pts.

    Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Ronaldo ( Real ); 24 goals/48 pts.

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Makaay ( Bayern ); 22 goals/44 pts.

    Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Shearer( Newcastle ); 22 goals/44 pts.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cissé ( Auxerre ): 21 goals/44 pts.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shevshenko ( Milan ); 20 goals/40 pts.

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Larsson ( Celtic ); 26 goals/39 pts.

    Votes: 4 11.1%

  • Total voters
    36
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
Joined
·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With 6 matches to go in nearly all major european football leagues, i want your opinion on who will win the UEFA golden boot this year.
Werder Bremens Ailton is joint leader with Henry at the moment, both scored 25 goals so far, chased by Ronaldo with 24.
 

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
Joined
·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The rules say that every player from one of the UEFA top 5 leagues gets 2 points per goal, players from the next best 5 leagues 1,5 points per goal followed by 1 point per goal for the remaining leagues.

In the standings of the golden boot competition, there is still an armenian player called Ara Hakobian who plays for a club called Banants FK in Armenia. He scored 45 goals so far which hands 45 points to him. I'm not sure but i think that the armenian league is already over so he doesn't have a chance to improve his goalscoring record. Can anybody confirm that the league is over ? If this is not the case, i will include him into the poll..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,325 Posts
I voted for Henry too. Although I am not a huge fan of his, but I am quite sure he is gonna win it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
985 Posts
Rothose said:
In the standings of the golden boot competition, there is still an armenian player called Ara Hakobian who plays for a club called Banants FK in Armenia. He scored 45 goals so far which hands 45 points to him. I'm not sure but i think that the armenian league is already over so he doesn't have a chance to improve his goalscoring record. Can anybody confirm that the league is over ? If this is not the case, i will include him into the poll..
That league is finished for a while already. Hakobian got his award for top scorer somewhere in December.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,202 Posts
u guys are all crazy....

sheva will decide to score 2 a game till the last seria round :)


btw i am jsut curious

henry has 38 games to score, sheva has 34 i dont know how many in spain but this doesnt seem to fair....which explains why player in italia win it so rarely
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,575 Posts
the same as in EPL Lav

also neither Shev and Ronaldo take the penalties, I know that out of all the goals he scored only 2 were in PKs
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Liternit said:
the same as in EPL Lav

also neither Shev and Ronaldo take the penalties, I know that out of all the goals he scored only 2 were in PKs
only one of Ronaldo's was a penalty..

Liternit, who normally shots the pks on milan? Inzaghi?, man that would suck cause Sheva must be just as good.
 

·
World Class Player
Joined
·
7,673 Posts
Henry will win it. And rightly so.
Lav said:
henry has 38 games to score, sheva has 34 i dont know how many in spain but this doesnt seem to fair....which explains why player in italia win it so rarely
Fair doesn't have anything to do with it. Do you think that it's 'fair' that Italian teams have so much time to recuperate for European games?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Lav does have a point though!! And they really should rethink the rules on penalties too! Two points for a tap in from 9 yards!!! If Michael (couldn't hit a barn door from the penalty spot) Owen hadn't missed all of his this year he'd have had this arguement sewn up weeks ago!! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,202 Posts
Bastin said:
Henry will win it. And rightly so.
Fair doesn't have anything to do with it. Do you think that it's 'fair' that Italian teams have so much time to recuperate for European games?
bastin,

i see your point, but that is a culture thing where in italia we play games on sundays......

however i could reverse it and say EPL teams have one more day to rest before a CL game....so it all evens out


except sheva and all seria a strikers have 34 games where as henry and ruud and r9 have 38 games.

as for who said penalty should not count, that isnt fair, a penalty is given when a probable goal is taken away....so it should count


Jern,
when the poster said pirlo it was in reference to who takes Milan's PK's not who he thinks will win, though it was coated in sarcasm as he is a roma fan and is basically saying we will get alot of PKs to win title in last few weeks, but i think that was more subconcious and he is not aware :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,868 Posts
Lav said:

Jern,
when the poster said pirlo it was in reference to who takes Milan's PK's not who he thinks will win, though it was coated in sarcasm as he is a roma fan and is basically saying we will get alot of PKs to win title in last few weeks, but i think that was more subconcious and he is not aware :)
your ****in crazy bro lol

i just answered his question, EVERYONE knows you'll be getting tons of PK's to win the title..no need for me to do it subconsciencely..lol
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top