Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are down to the last eight teams in this seasons UEFA cup.

Sevilla - Zenit St Petersburg
Basle - Middlesborough
Rapid Bucharest - Steaua Bucharest
Levski Sofia - Schalke 04

So, who is going to win the final on May 10 in Eindhoven ?

(Maybe a Mod. could add a poll to this thread?)

·
Banned
734 Posts
Custard Slice said:
We are down to the last eight teams in this seasons UEFA cup.

Sevilla - Zenit St Petersburg
Basle - Middlesborough
Rapid Bucharest - Steaua Bucharest
Levski Sofia - Schalke 04

So, who is going to win the final on May 10 in Eindhoven ?

(Maybe a Mod. could add a poll to this thread?)

wow, this is un exciting

·
Registered
866 Posts
I think no-one would have been complaining had Hamburg, Betis, Marseille and Udinese (with full squad) had made it instead of Rapid, Steaua, Zenit and Levski but as the first three listed played with their full squad shows the gap between those leagues isn't as big as first though.

Sevilla - Steaua final. Steaua to win and be Beaten by Barca in the Supercup, so ending Barca's trail of vengenance. (Chelsea-Benfica-Milan-Juve-Steaua)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Borruma II said:
I think no-one would have been complaining had Hamburg, Betis, Marseille and Udinese (with full squad) had made it instead of Rapid, Steaua, Zenit and Levski but as the first three listed played with their full squad shows the gap between those leagues isn't as big as first though.

Sevilla - Steaua final. Steaua to win and be Beaten by Barca in the Supercup, so ending Barca's trail of vengenance. (Chelsea-Benfica-Milan-Juve-Steaua)
Imagine for one second it could be this way... :eek:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Steau would have a good chance to beat you i think as your players will be still recovering from losing Ronaldinho in a surprise deal to Arsenal. ;)
:D

Jern, seriously... should I have to reply to this? :pp

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I like the way the Romanian clubs are playing at the moment and I also like Zenit.

I think the Uefa cup will remain in eastern Europe for this season at least.

The reason why I like these three teams is because they have beaten teams that are supposed to be much better than them. Rapid progressing instead of Hamburg was very unexpected. The team played the game perfectly since they had a 2-0 advantage from the first leg at home. Hamburg almost won it, but that away goal made things very difficult for them. Hamburg was the team I was backing to win it all, but now I think Rapid can take it all the way. They came out on top of a very hard qualifying group with the likes of Stuttgart and Shakhtar. They have a pretty good coach as well.

Steaua has a chance too. They had a strong performance against Betis eventhough they were playing away from home. They have only conceded one goal throughout all of the competition and that was against Herenveen in the round of 32. What's even more impressive is they conceded this goal at home and were able to knock out the Dutch club by beating them 3-1. Scoring more than 2 goals on away legs is very dificult for any team, yet they have done it twice. If they beat Rapid then they will become my favorite team to win it all.

Zenit look pretty good too. The fact that they're rested, since their season just started, presents a scenario similar to what CSKA had last season. They face Sevilla in the next round. A club they beat 2-1 in the qualifying phase. The reason I favor them is because they may hit form and yet be fresh enough to out perform Sevilla.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
OK....you think that Sevilla is better than Zenit???

You're damn wrong my darlings!

Zenit will be in final 100%, but i don't know with whom?

I think it will be Schalke-04

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Well that's not really possible since they would have to face them in the semis. The reason I didn't want them is because I was horrified when I watched them vs Marseille at home by their pitch. Any team will have trouble with that pitch. Add to that the coldness of St-Petersburg and that makes them one team I don't want to play.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
nope schalke will get knocked out :)...by levski

well my brother made a very good comment about it yesterday after our famous win against udinese.
"Udinese were clearly more classed then levski and showed how much better they were, but levski played with their hearts and souls and that is how we beated them. Udinese got the tactic right.

i am really hoping on the same with schalke because their main objective is a cl spot and the uefa cup is secondary, so they while we will play this game with passion and with heart, schalke will take a more professional look so we might beat them.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts