Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Juve,if we get past the spaniards next round.

------------------
Bring back Luca!!!

·
International
8,545 Posts
Juve will win. Parma and Arsenal have a good chance as well, but I think Juve is too strong.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a DISGRACE how the teams kicked out of the CL go straight to the Uefa cup-ITs ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS BABY!!!!!

------------------
Bring back Luca!!!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
offcourse the cup for Arsenal ,just if they bring a good defencer...The Arsenal attackers are very good (Suker, Kanu, Bergkamb ,overmarse and Henry )

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As much as I want Arsenal to win it, I doubt it they will. They have an awesome attack, but get hamperred by injuires a lot, but their defence I think, won't be able to hold out. Any one could win when they play derpotivo, the year Arsenal won the double, they went out of European competition very early, losing to quite an unknown Greek team I think. So Arsenal have something to prove in European competition.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Driver X..
That Greek team is one of the toughest teams to beat in europe. It is because of the passion of Greek football which makes them prosper in European matches.Remember these two names, Frantzeskos(Mr Foul), Bryzas(White Tower), They single handedly destroyed the English league champions.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Driver X..
That Greek team is one of the toughest teams to beat in europe. It is because of the passion of Greek football which makes them prosper in European matches.Remember these two names, Frantzeskos(Mr Foul), Bryzas(White Tower), They single handedly destroyed the English league champions. The teams name was P.A.O.K Salonika.
I think Parma will win it again and again and again.

[This message has been edited by KingSavvas (edited 25-02-2000).]

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the final goes between roma and juve and juve will win on penalty's with nakata as man of the match....

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys JUVE will win it ofcourse!...and the only goal will come from Kovacevic!!!...to win the match for JUVE :) :) :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My earlier prediction of Juve winning is now impossible, a English UEFA Cup final looks likely, since Arsenal and Leeds, ut also Galatasaray have all been very impressive until now. On paper Arsenal looks far too strong for Lens, they will surely go through, Leeds will edge over Galatasaray, but I'm hoping the Turkish team reaches the final.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I think that the Turks will do it. I have been very impressed with them during the UEFA cup and it seems that the players they have can play well as a team.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
As much as we regret what happened you really can't blame Galatasaray club. It were UEFAs decisions to let the match be played and not to show their last respect by one-minute silence.. Galatasaray asked to play at another venue. this is only fair after Ridsdale couldn't garantuee GS-fans safety.. it's not a cheek at all
it weren't fans who stabbed the two Leedsers but some animals who need some severe punishing and will get it.

I hope this board doesn't get flooded with rascist remarks against Turks in general like on many other boards

I read many of your posts and you seem rational and smart people to me unlike many others.

Galatasaray played very well against Leeds and it looks we'll make it to the final(i know Leeds could say we don't care about this **** anymore, but you must understand our point of view, GS-fans do not feel responsible in any way, but they ARE ofcourse like any other human being furious with those murderers) This would be our first final and I hope it will be an exciting one. actually watching GS's last matches against the four great opponents they showed nothing but exciting football!

PS I hope those [email protected] get life for this

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Galatasaray were wrong to 'demand' a change of venue and should have paid respect to the dead. I'm not going to be racist as I know that it was just idiots who do not represent the entire nation.
My point is that they could have paid their respects and not listened to Uefa. i do believe that Uefa have handled it badly and the match should not have been played.

This is how they should have handled it:

1) Kick out Galatasaray. I know it is not their fault but weren't England banned from Europe after the Hegel disaster.
2) Hold a minute silence and make it so the Turkish players should wear arm bands.

I'm sorry Hagi and I do sympathise with you but the fact is football needs to show people that this can not happen again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts