Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
couple of months ago, it seemed Samuel Eto'o was destined to win it..
but now, there is Diego Forlan and David Villa in the mix with only 2 goals behind Eto'o
Eto'o = 27
Forlan = 25
Villa = 25

Personally, i would like it to happen like in 04 - 05 season. Forlan dramatically won the pichichi on the last day of the season. instead, we have david villa on the mix this year..
my take is Diego Forlan, i.e., world's most underrated striker...he has been scoring in every game for the last 5 or 6 games

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
couple of months ago, it seemed Samuel Eto'o was destined to win it..
but now, there is Diego Forlan and David Villa in the mix with only 2 goals behind Eto'o
Eto'o = 27
Forlan = 25
Villa = 25

Personally, i would like it to happen like in 04 - 05 season. Forlan dramatically won the pichichi on the last day of the season. instead, we have david villa on the mix this year..
my take is Diego Forlan, i.e., world's most underrated striker...he has been scoring in every game for the last 5 or 6 games
Eto'o will obviously win it, But if Villa or Forlan were in Eto's place at Barca, they would have got well over 30. Eto'o does miss quite a lot.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Oh and who will the Premiership one. Anelka or Ronaldo? Or the Italian one? Di Vaio or Milito, Ibra is out of contention.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,905 Posts
Eto'o seems to forget his shooting boots at home at home since the last month , he should have atleast 30 , seeing as he was on 27 last month.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Eto'o's form has dipped right down in the past few weeks. He missed several clear chances he would normally score, and there are times when his clear desperation to score gets in the way. I don't understand it personally, we're having a great season, his stats are excellent, yet he seems nervous or something. It's not as big a deal as it could be because we're doing so well, but it's still a concern. If we clinch the title in the next week, I expect that it will be Villa who wins it, since in 05 our relaxed attitude to games after winning the title meant less motivation, whilst Forlan scored like 5 in 2 games to win the thing. I imagine the same thing would happen again with Valencia still to clinch a CL spot.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
considering this season goals in spain should be worth only 0.70, Seria A 0.80 and EPL 2.0

·
Panopoticon
1,287 Posts
What's the average goals scored per game in Spain, it must be one of the highest in Europe. Great attacking or terrible defending? Watching the second place teams caving in the other day I'm leaning towards the latter, but it's probably a bit of both.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
What's the average goals scored per game in Spain, it must be one of the highest in Europe. Great attacking or terrible defending? Watching the second place teams caving in the other day I'm leaning towards the latter, but it's probably a bit of both.
It's a matter of style. The Spanish football tends to be more open, which favours the attacking players and punish the defenses, making them look worse than they really are.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, if Villa or Forlan were in Eto'o's spot, they could have probably gotten much more...Etoo has been missing toooo many chances lately//against Madrid, he was completely nonexistent...
Messi...i don't think so..4 goals behind Etoo maybe too much i think
btw, who are Barcelona playing in the last 4 games??..if its small teams, Etoo will probably get few more

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
yeah, if Villa or Forlan were in Eto'o's spot, they could have probably gotten much more...Etoo has been missing toooo many chances lately//against Madrid, he was completely nonexistent...
Messi...i don't think so..4 goals behind Etoo maybe too much i think
btw, who are Barcelona playing in the last 4 games??..if its small teams, Etoo will probably get few more
Barcelona may also rest players in the next weeks. Next week, Barça play the CL final and, if they beat Chelsea, you can add the CL final. Barça will face Villarreal, Depor, Osasuna and Mallorca... not in that order.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
/against Madrid, he was completely nonexistent...
Nope, he was sacrificied for tactical reasons. Pep moved Messi to the center as he wanted him to penetrate their slow CBs. Eto'o worked an awful lot for the team and did his job very well.

Back to the topic; I think it's going to be either Villa or Forlan. They'll play all the remaining matches and Eto'o will be left out of the squad right before the important finals.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Forlánazo :proud:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts