Man City v Man Utd
Man Utd v Tottenham
Sunderland v Man Utd
Man Utd v Stoke

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Personally going for Arsenal, seeing as their remaining games look significantly easier to me than either United's or Chelsea's.

Though if one of them gets knocked out of the CL this round then I might well back them to win it, if the other two are having to compete in Europe (and Chelsea in the FA cup too).

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Boy, ManUnited have some tough games:
Fulham
Liverpool
Chelsea
ManCity
Tottenham.
:eek:

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be a lot more worried about playing Fulham away than at home.

The swing games imo for Arsenal are

Birmingham Vs Arsenal - Brum extremely good at home this season, hard to break down and perhaps a psycholical thing there with Arsenal being seen as blowing their title hopes against them a couple of years ago in the Eduardo game. Could easily end a draw.

Arsenal Vs Spurs - Derby game so never easy on paper, though they made fairly easy work of them at WHL.

Arsenal Vs Man City - City already beat them at Eastlands and probably (without checking) have the best record against big four teams this season.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, just checked and City's big four record in the league this season is W3, D2, L1 (and that was the phantom injury time winner), so the games Arsenal and United have against them are massive, imo. They're W2, L1 against big four sides in the cup, too.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Feels good that I can objectively say Arsenal can win it :D .

I am not going to make any predictions, but on paper this is a wonderful chance for Arsenal.

Arsenal Vs Spurs - Derby game so never easy on paper, though they made fairly easy work of them at WHL.
Other way around, we beat them 3-0 at the Emirates and this match is at WHL. It will be tough, Spurs have improved this season and it will be the most important North London derby for decades. Arsenal are going for the title and Spurs are going for the Champions League. It will be explosive. I think in the end though Arsenal's quality will make the difference for a narrow win.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it would help if I could read.

Everyone has to play Spurs yet, so I guess they could have a pretty big influence on who takes the title.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
One thing is certain: If Arsenal win all their games they will be Champions. Easier said than done, of course.

The Man City and Spurs games are the obvious tricky ones. Wenger is unbeaten in North London derbies since he came to Arsenal, while we have City at home. Win those two games and it's one hand on the trophy.

I see four places Chelsea are likely to drop points: Villa home, Man Utd away, Spurs away and Liverpool away.

I see only two places Man Utd could drop points: Liverpool home, Man City away.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
I don't get it. Now Man U and Chelsea are scared of the likes of Villa. Either the mid table teams in epl have improved or the top teams have gone down a notch

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
If we were to Base it on Fixtures its Arsenals to lose .. The biggest question mark over Arsenal isnt Fabrecas availability . . Its their mentality . .

Playing Hull, Wolves or Wigan is completly differant proposition when you are challanging for the league title . . Whenever there has been talk of them winning the league their form has collapsed. I dont think it was simply that they were playing United or Chelski, I think that the expectation of winning the EPL can change the confidence of team (look at Pool last year) . .

I still think its a two horse race with the United v Chelski game possibly being the deciding factor . .

Personally (and I am extremely bias) , I think united are in pole position. They owned Chelski at moscow bridge and will have their full defence back for the title run in. Liverpool will be looking to fk up our challange (as they always do),, but if united can overcome them, I think its ours to lose . .

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
its gonna be close but a chelsea man utd draw would be fine by me. and another episode of torres ripping man utd apart wouldnt go amiss, along with the usual resulting vidic suspension. and maybe spurs will kindly do us a favour and beat chelsea- they usually do quite well in that game.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
If we were to Base it on Fixtures its Arsenals to lose .. The biggest question mark over Arsenal isnt Fabrecas availability . . Its their mentality . .

Playing Hull, Wolves or Wigan is completly differant proposition when you are challanging for the league title . . Whenever there has been talk of them winning the league their form has collapsed. I dont think it was simply that they were playing United or Chelski, I think that the expectation of winning the EPL can change the confidence of team (look at Pool last year) . .

I still think its a two horse race with the United v Chelski game possibly being the deciding factor . .

Personally (and I am extremely bias) , I think united are in pole position. They owned Chelski at moscow bridge and will have their full defence back for the title run in. Liverpool will be looking to fk up our challange (as they always do),, but if united can overcome them, I think its ours to lose . .
Considering the tough rough in that we have, no way in hell are we in pole position.

If we win all the games, of course we will be deserved winners. But we've dropped way too many stupid points this season, that I'd be surprised if everything clicked now and we do not drop anything.

The Liverpool and Chelsea matches are key. We win those and we have a great chance, though Spurs play all 3 of us and Citeh play both Arsenal and United. Will be interesting to see who drops points in these big games, as I do not see United coming out of them with a 100% record.

In addition, there are games against the lower teams. We nearly fecked up against Wolves, and with teams fighting for relegation, one of the top three is bound to come unstuck in these fixtures.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Hull v Arsenal - WIN
Arsenal v West Ham - WIN
Birmingham v Arsenal - ???
Arsenal v Wolverhampton - WIN
Tottenham v Arsenal - ???
Wigan v Arsenal - WIN
Arsenal v Man City - ???
Blackburn v Arsenal - WIN
Arsenal v Fulham - ???

Chelsea's run-in:

Chelsea v West Ham - WIN
Blackburn v Chelsea - WIN
Portsmouth v Chelsea - WIN
Chelsea v Aston Villa - ???
Man Utd v Chelsea - ???

Chelsea v Bolton - WIN
Tottenham v Chelsea - ???
Chelsea v Stoke - WIN
Liverpool v Chelsea - ???
Chelsea v Wigan - WIN

Man Utd's run-in:

Man Utd v Fulham - ???
Man Utd v Liverpool - ???

Bolton v Man Utd - WIN
Man Utd v Chelsea - ???
Blackburn v Man Utd - WIN
Man City v Man Utd - ???
Man Utd v Tottenham - ???

Sunderland v Man Utd - WIN
Man Utd v Stoke - WIN

Unless there is choking, you'd expect the top 3 to definitely win those games. Whilst for (???), you'd think it could be closer.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I just don't understand how Vokes misses that chance to claim a 1-1 draw for Wolves against Man Utd last night. Things like that can make all the difference. Just shocking.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I really cannot select either of them. All are having some main problems.

Arsenal : Thier important players got injury and they have Bendnter who can be the factor very much !!

Man U : Everything is depend on Rooney. If they have him getting back soon and play until th end of season, They will be champion.

Chelsea : Terry's iconism is already disappeared. Team spirit has to be down at least a bit but it might be enough to effect them more than we think. Also, They have too many games in the rest of season. Perhaps it can be fatigue of players.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Considering the tough rough in that we have, no way in hell are we in pole position.

If we win all the games, of course we will be deserved winners. But we've dropped way too many stupid points this season, that I'd be surprised if everything clicked now and we do not drop anything.

The Liverpool and Chelsea matches are key. We win those and we have a great chance, though Spurs play all 3 of us and Citeh play both Arsenal and United. Will be interesting to see who drops points in these big games, as I do not see United coming out of them with a 100% record.

In addition, there are games against the lower teams. We nearly fecked up against Wolves, and with teams fighting for relegation, one of the top three is bound to come unstuck in these fixtures.
Chelski and Arsenal will drop at least 4 points IMO . . That rules Arsenal out for me . Arsenal will bottle it either way . .

City, Chelski, Livepool. These are the EPL breakers. . 7 points from these games and the title is ours. I think we are well capable of winning all 3. Funnily enough I think the City game is the biggest banana skin of the 3.

At the end of the day, united have won the last 3 leagues and theres very little that can compensate for experience . . This is always underestimated at this stage of the season . .

1 - 20 of 65 Posts