• Osasuna

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 of our teams are about to win the cup this year, in case Athletic does it it will be 25th cup!!!

Do you think that any of them will do it?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
I´ve read Lamikiz has said we will play against Osasuna in the semis because "they" don´t want a basque final. I suppose he talks about the great number of ikurriñas and the probable whistles to spanish anthem just a week before the city for the olympic games 2012 is chosen. I had already heard those rumours but I don´t want to believe it, but it´s also true the cup draws always look manipulated.

Lamikiz has demonstrated his cristal ball works well, he predicted the goals in Liège and Austria Wien as rival, he also said we´d be in both cup and UEFA finals... anyway, we´ll see, if we don´t play against Osasuna Lamikiz will look like a fool.. (if it´s true he´s said this, I´ve still haven´t found it).

Anyway, about the question, it´s obvious what I´m going to answer, right?

Athletic "smells" very well, we have hunger of victory from every player to every fan, we are capable of anything. Of course if Athletic doesn´t win it I want it for Osasuna.

·
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, would like to know how the odds are in the betting offices about Athletic-Osasuna semifinal

·
Registered
542 Posts
So there's a chance of a Basque final, possibly in Madrid.

Good for Athletic that the 2nd leg is in the cathedral.

Also think that Osasuna can beat Atletico, even with a 2nd game in Madrid.

Both teams will have to sweat though. It won't be easy at all for anybody to go through to the final.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just remembered we can take revenge on Betis for the 76-77 final in Madrid which we lost in the penalty shootout. I think it was Iribar or Dani who missed the last one. My mum was there after leaving me and my baby sister with our grandparents.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
i hope that Athletic will win this cup,IMO it'll be a battle between Betis and Athletic :crazy: :thmbup:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
fc barcelona said:
i hope that Athletic will win this cup,IMO it'll be a battle between Betis and Athletic :crazy: :thmbup:
No, I don't... I don't want to hear the "rey de copas" (although Txupa knows that they're 23, not 24 :D) thing again. I would like Osasuna to win it, my 2nd choice in Betis, 3rd Atlético and the last Athletic. :stuckup:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
hehe Lamikiz has eaten his words. Betis is the strongest of the 3 possible rivals for Athletic but playing the return game in San Mamés gives me confidence. As long as we don´t do horrible in Lopera´s stadium I think we´ll pass.

Osasuna had the easiest rival with the problem of playing first in El Sadar. Well, they already passed over other Madrid team (Getafe) this way, let´s see what they do, actually I have the impression Osasuna will pass without problems..:cool:

·
Registered
556 Posts
IMO we have a decent chance of having a basque final, Osasuna are a tough team in these knock-out competition and I think they will pass. Athletic and Betis are 2 of the most in-form teams in in La Liga right now but Athletic seem capable of everything at San Mames, so... anyway maybe it´s too soon as the games will be played in about 2 months´time. It would be great to have 2 basque teams in Madrid, can you imagine the King´s face during the anthem ? :howler:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
iparralde said:
It would be great to have 2 basque teams in Madrid, can you imagine the King´s face during the anthem ? :howler:
I've heard that the final may be in the Camp Nou. I've heard an Athletic representant saying that they'd like to play in Barcelona's stadium since it's the one that could host more people. Also Betis says that they don't care if it is in Barcelona, because they have lots of "peñistas" in the towns around Barcelona.

I don't know if Osasuna can carry 45000 people to the Camp Nou though. If finally it's Atleti the one that advances, the final won't be in Madrid for sure.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Athletic should win the cup this year! :thumbsup:

Pity it's Betis in the semi's though, as that would have made a great final!
I think whoever wins this semi final will win the cup this time, and I fancy Athletic to do it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts