Xtratime Community banner

Who will win the Champions League?

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Chelsea look pretty rough to beat right now, they are very balanced and well coached. But, I seriously think that Barcelona made way too many mistakes to stand a chance against them. They sat back and commited way too many fouls, setting the tempo very early in the second half. It's a shame because it was leading up to an amazing comeback by the Catalans. Too bad Eto'o couldn't have finished off that sitter, it would have bagged them the match.

We'll wait and see, still got to see if Inter will go past Porto.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I would say Inter but then I remember they are cursed.

Don't know really but I do know it won't be a La Liga side.

And thats not being arrogant ITS A FACT.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Chelsea or Inter :(

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with Inter. Slight bias perhaps, but I really think they have a strong enough team to win it. The scudetto is gone, but Inter are the kind of team built for this kind of competition.

I think Chelsea are extremely overrated, they beat Barcelona thanks to a foul on Valdes and now everybody is talking about them as if they were the best thing since condoms.

Milan look very strong.

Inter vs Milan final would be awesome!

The European Cup is going to go to the city of Milan.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I think you should have waited until Porto and Inter face each other but oh well... Chelsea are gonna win it.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
AC Milan. I've seen Milan and Chelsea playing against Barça and I rate Milan higher. I'd like Lyon to win it, it's a pleassure to see them playing, really beautiful football. :thmbup:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
AC Milan has to be the odd on Fav's they been there before and they have a very balanced squad.

I think the dark horse can be Bayern Munich!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Che said:
AC Milan has to be the odd on Fav's they been there before and they have a very balanced squad.

I think the dark horse can be Bayern Munich!
We will battleling for the Serie A title, Chelsea have already won the title whilst Inter are no longer contenders, it must be one of the 2 :stuckup:
Agreed on Bayern.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
O Glorioso said:
I think you should have waited until Porto and Inter face each other but oh well... Chelsea are gonna win it.

I'm afraid he spoke too soon....we are gonna lose to Porto next week alas ....:(

Not suprising since we have the hardest tie, going up against the current champions

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I think Chelsea is overated as well, and if they come up against a team like Milan or Juventus they will meet their match. I also doubt Inter will win the CL as well.

Right now Milan is the best team in the world.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Andr3w said:
Interesting how you say Milan is the best team in the world when they had to rely on a lucky goal to beat Inter in the last derby? When Inter dominated the entire game? When Inter should have scored, and any normal day would have put a goal in? Based on your statistics Inter is then the second best in the world. B/c we are not far behind Milan based on the two ties this year.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Andr3w said:
I think Chelsea is overated as well, and if they come up against a team like Milan or Juventus they will meet their match. I also doubt Inter will win the CL as well.

Please, just because Milan beat a shabby Man Utd side doesn't mean they're the best. Chelsea beat a very good Barcalona side which was thought to be the best at the moment, so I think it would be right to give that title to them at the moment.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I personally think chelsea is the best in the world, Milan is number 2, then Juventus, then Bayern/inter

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
O Glorioso said:
Please, just because Milan beat a shabby Man Utd side doesn't mean they're the best. Chelsea beat a very good Barcalona side which was thought to be the best at the moment, so I think it would be right to give that title to them at the moment.
Milan is better than Chelsea for these reasons:

Milan is very much like Barcelona in terms of controlling the match. With players like Pirlo, Seedorf, and Kaka, they can have much of the posession and control the match, sort of like Barca.

The difference between Barca and Milan is that the latter is never exposed at the back and usually has players behind the ball. Barca does not have a stacked defense, as Puyol, Oleguer, and Belletti do not match up with Nesta, Stam, and Cafu. The individual talent of Milan's defense is far superior to Barca.

Now, since Milan is rarely caught out at the back Chelsea will have a tougher time striking on the counter attack, something the latter does very well. Chelsea's first three goals against Barca were all on the counter-attack, some of which was due to errors by Barca defenders. Milan will not be as loose at the back as Barca, so Chelsea will have a difficult time scoring IMO.

Milan can hold posession and have the players to make you pay, especially when Shevchenko comes back into the fold. I just do not think Chelsea will have an easy time scoring against Milan, and if the latter sits back like they do on the one-goal lead Chelsea will be in trouble. The latter's attack is no better than Man United's for that matter, however Milan is strong in all positions and know how to control a match.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
A.C. Milan reserves. :drunk:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Andr3w said:
Milan is better than Chelsea for these reasons:

Milan is very much like Barcelona in terms of controlling the match. With players like Pirlo, Seedorf, and Kaka, they can have much of the posession and control the match, sort of like Barca.

The difference between Barca and Milan is that the latter is never exposed at the back and usually has players behind the ball. Barca does not have a stacked defense, as Puyol, Oleguer, and Belletti do not match up with Nesta, Stam, and Cafu. The individual talent of Milan's defense is far superior to Barca.

Now, since Milan is rarely caught out at the back Chelsea will have a tougher time striking on the counter attack, something the latter does very well. Chelsea's first three goals against Barca were all on the counter-attack, some of which was due to errors by Barca defenders. Milan will not be as loose at the back as Barca, so Chelsea will have a difficult time scoring IMO.

Milan can hold posession and have the players to make you pay, especially when Shevchenko comes back into the fold. I just do not think Chelsea will have an easy time scoring against Milan, and if the latter sits back like they do on the one-goal lead Chelsea will be in trouble. The latter's attack is no better than Man United's for that matter, however Milan is strong in all positions and know how to control a match.

If I recall that Forlan and Rooney had two good chances set up by Cristiano Ronaldo on a counterattack against a Milan backline and they were saved by a post or something

1 - 20 of 144 Posts