• another team coming from nowhere

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a quick poll with the title possibly going to Werder, Bayern, Leverkusen or Stuttgart. Werder are currently 4 points ahead of the rest btw. The league starts again on Saturday.

Do you see Werder keeping it up or will Bayern win it once again with the strength in depth in their team? etc etc.

I personally am not too sure like in the last few years whether Bayern will do it . I think we can completely rule Stuttgart out since they were falling before the winterstop plus they still have CL games and they don't have a big squad. Werder doesn't really impress me. They're alright but not outstanding. If I have to look at my crystal ball I'd say at the death it\ll be between Leverkusen and Bayern! with history etc. Bayern will probably win it and Leverkusen coming second as usual.

but shat do you think?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I hope Stuttgart will/can make it !;)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
i went with stuttgart. they really are a solid team and have proven it not only in the bundesliga but also in europe. they didnt finish the first half of the season well but i guess the break came at the right time. itll be a tough battle but i think theyll pull it off. in soldo and hleb, they have two of the best players this season.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
I hope that Stuttgart will win the league, but i have some serious doubts about that. Stuttgart has some problems in the attack, they are not scoring enough goals.
I think everything will be decided between Werder and Bayern.
If Bayern loses vs. Real, they can fully concentrate on the Bundesliga and then they will make it !

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Werder now has opened a 9 pt lead over Bayern after their lucky last-minute win vs. Kaiserslautern - the third match in a row where Werder secured the win in the last seconds of the game :eek: . In the past, it was always Bayern who was scoring in the dying minutes of a match. I don't think that Bayern will be able to close this gap in the table though there are still 14 matches to play.
Stuttgart doesn't look good at all after the winter break. They won't be able to fight for the championship, they will get into trouble securing a CL spot if they continue to play like in the past 3 matches.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I still believe Bayern will win the BL this year. I know lots of people (even some Werder Fans ) who only wait until Werder struggles .... Bayern is always there when the others fall- and so will it be again I fear. :yuck:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
.I know lots of people (even some Werder Fans ) who only wait until Werder struggles
:wth: :googly:

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Changing my mind now, I'd have to say Werder if you look at last weekend. I mean Werder won in the good old Bayern way!! getting a penalty in like the 90th minute and Bayern , like Bayer and all previous contenders were to Bayern in the past, were very unlucky not to get a draw from the game against Bochum with that NOT offside goal.

That saying if Bayern win the league by playing so badly as they have this season then it'd really be a dampener on the Bundesliga. Last season they played some outstanding football towards the end of the season :cool: but this year I've only seen it once against Freiburg.

Stuttgart look to be out of it now after the latest result. Still with Hleb, Soldo and now Hakan Yakin in midfield, they should reach a CL spot.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Werder Bremen, they are too strong now and Bayern is not the same team of the last seasons, Makaay is not enough.

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well congrats Werder! :)

Basically given away this weekend with that 3-3 draw. Terrible defending from Kuffour surprisingly as he was a rock against Madrid especially in the first leg.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Werder is now 11 points ahead with an impressive outing against Wolfsburg 2-0. Klasnic and Micoud were the goalscorers. Very exciting game to watch especially in the second half. Ailton missed a penalty. YIKES!

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Great match between Bremen and Stuttgart! Bordon's kicking ass and has scored two goals within 25 minutes only. It's 2-1 with more than an hour left to play.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Just crazy! Klaznic scored again to equalize, and then Ailton got the 3-2 lead for Bremen. ...and it's not even halftime!

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I missed the equalizer by Stuttgart, and I heard Klaznic was called offside unfairly, but then Stuttgart scored again to take the 4-3 lead. Within 30 seconds, however, Micoud received the ball headed to him by a Stuttgart defender, ran at Hildebrand, and then Ailton picked up the deflection and made it 4-4. Excellent match...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts