• 1899 Hoffenheim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 8 matches to go, still 6 teams are contending for the Bundesliga title. Who will make it, what do you think ?

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My vote is pretty obvious :D, though i must admit it's more hope than true belief...

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
My vote is obvious as well. ;)

In my opinion there are only three contenders: Wolfsburg, Hamburg and Bayern.

Stuttgart and Hoffenheim are way behind and Hertha will not catch up with the first two again anymore.

On a sidenote I also don't see Hamburg winning it. They have been the luckiest team in the league so far with 6 points more than they should have. Bayern has been the unluckiest by far in the top group. In fact we would already be leading the league by three points...

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Edin Dzeko!!!

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My vote is obvious as well. ;)

In my opinion there are only three contenders: Wolfsburg, Hamburg and Bayern.

Stuttgart and Hoffenheim are way behind and Hertha will not catch up with the first two again anymore.

On a sidenote I also don't see Hamburg winning it. They have been the luckiest team in the league so far with 6 points more than they should have. Bayern has been the unluckiest by far in the top group. In fact we would already be leading the league by three points...
Could you elaborate on what you mean here ?
Bayern unlucky ? HSV 6 undeserved points ?

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Could you elaborate on what you mean here ?
Bayern unlucky ? HSV 6 undeserved points ?
http://www.wahretabelle.de/wahretabelle/wahre-tabelle.php

I know it is not 100% correct obviously because you never know how a game would actually have ended with correct decisions. For example do I doubt Bayern's loss against Wolfsburg would have happened if not for the not given red card in 4th minute and the offside 2-1 of Dzeko. But the number of wrong goal decisions is definitely true and that is at least an indicator.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.wahretabelle.de/wahretabelle/wahre-tabelle.php

I know it is not 100% correct obviously because you never know how a game would actually have ended with correct decisions. For example do I doubt Bayern's loss against Wolfsburg would have happened if not for the not given red card in 4th minute and the offside 2-1 of Dzeko. But the number of wrong goal decisions is definitely true and that is at least an indicator.
Come on, this table is bulls*it. As you said by yourself, you never know how a game would have ended if this penalty was given or that goal was disallowed.

I don't think that we were extremely lucky this season.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
The table is not more bullshit than the original table. It is just that one is used officially an one isn't. The fact about goals is just that: a fact. And I am not complaining that the other table should be used officially, that would be hilarious. However some teams get points unfairly and some lose points unfairly over the whole season. It is not as if it will equalize. Hamburg for example already gained three points too much last season while Bayern didn't get as many as they should have last season. So much for Bayerndusel and that nonsense... ;)

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Wolfsburg... They have probably 2 of the best forwards in the league, and the best passer in the league.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Wolfsburg have come quite far in recent years, weren't they battling to save their asses from relegation 3-4 years ago??

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
Well they finished 4th to bottom both in 05/06 and 06/07 1 point and 3 points clear of relegation zone. On the last day of 05/06 they played Kaiserslautern at home in a 2-2 thriller sending them down instead.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Wolfsburg deserve the title this year, they really do. I think that if Ibisevic and Salihovic stay in Hoffenheim next year, that they could be very dangerous.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Nothing against them in any team but don't make it sound as if it is as if any of the Bundesliga teams is where it is solely because of Bosnian players... ;)

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
Nothing against them in any team but don't make it sound as if it is as if any of the Bundesliga teams is where it is solely because of Bosnian players... ;)
Wolfsburg far from it, you got the Magath factor and Grafite (20 goals in 17 games) :eek:, but you also got Barzagli, Schafer, Gentner and Josue, all having solid seasons. Throw in Hasebe, Madlung, Costa, Riether, Dejagah, Simunek and Pekarik who signed in January and you got yourself a tough side.

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Let's hope Wolfsburg wins it. They are the team playing the most sexy football in this second part of the season.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Let's hope Wolfsburg wins it. They are the team playing the most sexy football in this second part of the season.
Maybe if you are just watching the highlights.
I don't want to talk down Wolfsburg, they are playing really good at the moment but their football doesn't have the quality shown by Hoffenheim in the first half of the season.

Wolfsburgs current success is relying very much on their good defending but esp. on the almost perfect finishing by their strikers. Bayern had more shots, more crosses, more ball possession last saturday, nevertheless Wolfsburg converted their scoring opportunities perfectly. It was pretty much the same when they beat us 3-1 at home 4 weeks ago ( we outshot them 16-7...) and also when they beat Bielefeld last week.
Kicker magazin has also a table with the percentage of scoring opportunities converted. Leaders : Wolfsburg.

Previous leaders were Hertha btw... so i suppose if the Wolfsburg strikers lose their finishing touch, Wolfsburg will lose their top of the table position...

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Maybe if you are just watching the highlights.
I don't want to talk down Wolfsburg, they are playing really good at the moment but their football doesn't have the quality shown by Hoffenheim in the first half of the season.
I weekly watch games from the Bundesliga. Off course they are not always showing the Wolfsburg games on TV ... Got to say I enjoyed watching Wolfsburg / Hoffenheim much more then Hertha or HSV for example. Whenever Wolfsburg / Hoffenheim played, I was sure to see some great goals (as well in the build up, as in the finishing), and that's what I look for as a neutral fan.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts