Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its really hard to determine but I think cameroon has the greatest chance then MOrcco or Egypt I can ensure u that senegal doesnt have a chance ! maybe it wont reach the semi's Strongest 4 teams r CAmeroon ,morocco,egypt and tunisia it will be among these respectivley isa.

here is a link which shows some of predections including some experts as I read http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/3400585.stm

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
What I've seen untill now is very good attacking display but awfull defense. Therefore I think the team wiuth the best defense will win it.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I've seen nothing yet. Like I already mentioned I can't watch BBC 3 and Eurosport and so far the highlights on BBC came too late for me. :groan: Before the tournament I would have said Cameroon and I still say that although I had expected them to start better than just a 1-1 against Algeria.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Cameroon still favourites for me, but Morocco have what it takes. But I would never bet on them, with their recent record in this tournament.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Senegal for sure, just look at their striker Mamadou Niang and his current form...just awesome!

Btw- who needs El Hadji-Diouf? He can't even score from 2 metres :confused:

·
Registered
57,627 Posts
Nigeria will win the whole thing. Well Cameroon and Senegal haven't impressed much but they are contenders for sure.

I'd love to see Morocco win it. That would be great.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I justcan't bet against Cameroon...when push comes to shove they show up...this is the same team they had in the confederations cup where they kicked ass...

...& Eto can't shoot blanks the whole tournament....

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
I hope Nigeria since Cameroon and Senegal are somewhat robotic compared to the Nigerian flair :star:

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Reason why Nigeria is walking out with this cup

1. Keeper. They finally have a good keeper. Their goalies have been terrible. This guy looks more composed and confident.

2. Determination from big players. Its' been a while since I see Kanu and Okocha working so hard.

3. Cameroon conceding 3 against Zimbabwe. That defense is terrible. Only Song seem to be doing a good job

4. Senegal is the only team that can stop them but Tunisia is kicking them out

5. They have stamped out individualism from their style of play. Guys like Okocha are doing a great job contributing towards play instead of trying to shine

P.S. The guy who plays for Cameroon in the left flank is really good. What a classy player. I don't know why they keep subbing him out. Which team does he play for.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Re: Reason why Nigeria is walking out with this cup

calcio100 said:
P.S. The guy who plays for Cameroon in the left flank is really good. What a classy player. I don't know why they keep subbing him out. Which team does he play for.
I think you mean Thimothée Atouba Essama from FC Basel. He's 21 years old (born 12.02.1982).

·
Registered
57,627 Posts
1. Keeper. They finally have a good keeper. Their goalies have been terrible. This guy looks more composed and confident.
I only watched Nigeria's first match against Morocco. And by all means Vincent Enyeama is a crappy goalie. You should have seen him with his club Enyimba in the African CL. The guy is a joke.

I guess he means Jean Makoun, lucifuga. He plays in France for Lille. Atouba plays at Left-back. ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
If Cameroun wins tomorrow they will face Tunisia. In the WC and other major tournaments, the format is made in way so that the hosts and the title holders do not meet before the final. I guess that is not the case in CAN.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts