Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you guys know South Korea's Ji-Sung Park and Iran's Ali Karimi will play in Europe next season. But they're not playing for 'average team' Park will play for Manchester United, and Karimi will play for Bayern Munich. :thmbup:

Both players will have difficulties and competitions, but my question is who will successfully adjust to the team and find him self on the pitch rather than bench? :confused:

remember, I'm not asking 'who is better player?' ;)

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Well I'm not all that sold on Karimi. He seems to have good dribbling skills, but i've only ever seen him perform against really poor asian sides. Unless he makes an immediate impact at bayern I can't see him being a sucess tbh. I think he's moved to a big club too soon.

As for Park, he's showed he can perform at the highest level so I don't really see him not succeeding at Man U.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Mutu_20 said:
Well I'm not all that sold on Karimi. He seems to have good dribbling skills, but i've only ever seen him perform against really poor asian sides. Unless he makes an immediate impact at bayern I can't see him being a sucess tbh. I think he's moved to a big club too soon.

As for Park, he's showed he can perform at the highest level so I don't really see him not succeeding at Man U.
Karimi has performed well against Asia's big sides like Japan and Korea. He played real well in friendlies versus Germany and AS Roma last year.
Yet I am not sold on him either. However, I hope he can suceed.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Yes but with all due respect, Japan and Korea aren't the best defensive teams around and playing well in freindlies is neither here nore there.

I'm going to reserve all judgement untill I see him for Bayern.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Completely hypothetical now that Karimi's gone to Bayern but would you rate Karimi higher than Shinji Ono? been thinking as Ono's been wanting out from Feyenoord for the last couple of months and he also hasn't been performing well lately also thanks to his injuries while Karimi would have definitely been affordable for us coming and the Dutch league traditionally has been one of the best, if not the best in educating and bringing on players to the real top sides in the top leagues. A year or two at Feyenoord would have definitely help Karimis career imo :stuckup: :D

Park will suceed if he's given time to adapt culturally to England which shouldn't be too much of a problem as Holland and England are pretty similar, at least more than to France or Italy. He had his doubters in Holland, including me, but if he can keep up last seasons form, he'll definitely start at least 30 games for Man U.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Well I personally really rate Ono, and you are right, he definitely needs a move. I think he's one of Asia's best players and would love to see him in another league. Germany perhaps.

It's kind of hard to compare Ono and Karimi since they play in different positions.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Wally said:
Completely hypothetical now that Karimi's gone to Bayern but would you rate Karimi higher than Shinji Ono?.

Ono is a great great player, much respect for him.
But I am going to go as far as saying Ali Karimi is the best Asian player of all time.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
All time! Now that's going too far.
Anyway, I think Park has better chances of succeeding (at least in the short term), but I hope both will do well.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Karimi best Asian player of all time. haha, was has he achieved. He hasn't even played in europe yet. he has a lot to do yet, I want to see him lead Iran to win the Asian Cup and play well in Europe before he can be compared to anyone yet.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Without injury, Ono is class.
But he rests half of season every year.

We can't count on him easily in the next World Cup.
There's a possibility that he default due to injury.

As for Karimi, I can't wait the day Bayern visit Japan this summer.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Kiyan said:
But who would you rate better than Karimi?

Nakata was all hype. Azizi and Daei in their prime maybe.

And please don't say Sami Al Jaber:rolleyes:

I would say Daei is more of a legend than Karimi in asian football at this point.

Nakamura has to be up there as well imo. I'm not saying that Karimi won't be a legend, but he has a way to go yet.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Wally said:
Completely hypothetical now that Karimi's gone to Bayern but would you rate Karimi higher than Shinji Ono? been thinking as Ono's been wanting out from Feyenoord for the last couple of months and he also hasn't been performing well lately also thanks to his injuries while Karimi would have definitely been affordable for us coming and the Dutch league traditionally has been one of the best, if not the best in educating and bringing on players to the real top sides in the top leagues. A year or two at Feyenoord would have definitely help Karimis career imo :stuckup: :D
That's true. He's an idiot for joining a team he can hardly sit on the bench. One season at Feyenoord, and probably he would be one of the hottest players in Europe.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Park Ji Sung is a great player....he will surely succeed (As much as I hate the team he is playing for now)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts