Xtratime Community banner

Who will relegate ? Please pick 3 teams.

• MSV Duisburg

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • 1. FC Köln (Cologne)

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • 1. FC Kaiserslautern

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • VfL Wolfsburg

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • 1. FSV Mainz 05

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Eintracht Frankfurt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which teams will relegate, what do you think ? Will Cologne be able to start a winning streak which finally will keep them in the league? Is Frankfurt going to struggle again ? Will Wolfsburg be able to overcome their lethargy ?

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
The current bottom 3 IMO. K"oln got a horrible run-up to come. 3 of their next 5 games will be against sides from the top 4 and with the gap between them and Wolfsburg standing at 6 points, I can't imagine Wolfsburg not picking up one point even though they look so weak. I take it Rick Hoogendorp's looked poor so far right? with only 1 goal...saw him miss chances against Schalke a few weeks back.

Wolfsburg vs Kaiserslautern could turn out to be the decider on the final day but I prefer Augenthaler to Wolf so I hope he does it.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
The current 3 at the bottm...Duisburg and Köln for sure...kaiserslautern maybe luckily if wolfsburg dont win anymore!

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Wally : I think that Duisburg and Cologne won't make it. Mainz will have a hard time though they have still everything in their own hands with matches vs. Duisburg, Frankfurt and Wolfsburg. But Zidan is injured and will miss the next 2 matches which is a huge blow for Mainz.
On the other hand, Kaiserslautern looks really weak but they managed to escape relegation in the past, they are quite experienced in those battles.
But maybe even Frankfurt cannot recover from their recent slip.
I voted for Mainz but i'm not sure, it's really difficult to say who will be the 3rd team to go down.

·
Registered
69,071 Posts
Duisburg, Koln certainly, too much of a gap and the other one will be Mainz, K'slautern is playing much better at the moment and I think they will survive

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I think Mainz will bag in the needed points when they play their direct rivals!
Köln 100%
Duisburg 100% both relegation
Kaiserlautern 35% to relegate
Wolfsburg 30% to relegate
Frankfurt 25%% to relegate
Mainz 10%

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Knoert said:
Duisburg, Köln and Lautern... hopefully Mainz stays up!
Yup, my bet as well.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Koln, Duisburg, and Wolfsburg for me

i really think that Wolfe are going down this time.

Lautern will find the points, and they are a classic bundesliga side, id hate to see them go down

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
LIT said:
I think Köln, Duisburg and Lautern, but I´d also like Wolfsburg and Frankfurt to go down! :D Unfortunately there are only 3 spots... :p
:howler: Yes, I´d like to have 4 spots. It´s sad for Köln, but they have started too late to win again. I think it´s going to be Köln, Duisburg and Lautern. But I´d like to see Wolfsburg and Frankfurt going down, too.

·
Registered
55,826 Posts
köln, duisburg, kaiserslautern.

and then there will be some exciting matches next year in league 2 for the team of my ex-hometown that will, after 20 years of absence from professional football, finally return to 2.bl again :)

against köln, duisbg, lautern, and especially 1860 there will be surely 35.000 spectators :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think Köln and Duisburg have almost no hopes (quite weird to think that last year they easily won the 2.Liga while Frankfurt arrived 3rd in the last matches), while for the 3rd and last spot the battle will be really hard. I hope to see Wolfsburg going down... it's an "unuseful" team, small town, few fans, only very rich but it seems that VW is not spending much on the team these days... Lautern is very weak but they know how to fight for non relegating, Mainz has a great mentality, Mr Klopp knows what to do, big names are not important, I'm confident they will stay in 1.Liga, and they deserve it a lot! Frankfurt is probably the strongest team among these, I think they can easily find the points needed for staying in BL. And they are playing tonight in the DFB Pokal semis as well.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
szövkap said:
and then there will be some exciting matches next year in league 2 for the team of my ex-hometown that will, after 20 years of absence from professional football, finally return to 2.bl again :)
Augsburg?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Great season for Augsburg, I'm happy they can go up to Zweite! :)

Can someone open a new poll for the "Who will be promoted to 1.Liga" teams? I'd have liked to do by myself, but it seems I cannot add polls...
Of course the teams would be Aachen, Bochum, Cottbus, Fuerth, Karlsruhe and Freiburg. I don't think Rostock has any chance.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Augsburg deserves it to promote this year. I hope they can stay in league 2 next season, although it´s going to be a battle until the end.

MarioFrick said:
Great season for Augsburg, I'm happy they can go up to Zweite! :)

Can someone open a new poll for the "Who will be promoted to 1.Liga" teams? I'd have liked to do by myself, but it seems I cannot add polls...
Of course the teams would be Aachen, Bochum, Cottbus, Fuerth, Karlsruhe and Freiburg. I don't think Rostock has any chance.

I think Bochum and Aachen don´t have to worry about not going up anymore. And I fear that Cottbus is too strong in the end as well.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes I agree with you once again Tobias, but still the 3rd place is not decided yet, there are still chances for other teams than Cottbus, which doesn't have very nice fans, like many former DDR teams...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts