Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the FIFA website (www.fifa.com) I saw the qualifying groups for the 2002 WC. Who will qualify? My money is on Yugoslavia, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Croatia, Spain, Italy and Germany to qualify automatically. As for the other 6, I say: Ireland(Republic)Czech Republic, Wales, Belgium, Romania and England. Any other thoughts?

------------------
COLXFILE

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Did you actually mean to put wales in or were you on crack at the time?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Finland,Greece and Scotland have some chances.But certainly not Wales! and where is Portugal?

------------------
MARCIO AMOROSO!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i dont agree with romania not automatically qualifying...they are better than italy right now...i cant believe there is no respect for a team like that...they have proven to be as good as any team in europe.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for putting Wales, my fingers usually preceded my brain. But who would qualify in Wales' place?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
POLAND WILL QUALIFY THIS TIME. THEY ARE YOUNG, IN A RATHER WEAK GROUP, HAVE RETOOLED THEIR TEAM, AND ITS ABOUT TIME! at least i hope so.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Netheralnds should have no real problems with Estonia,Andorra, or Cyprus. Historically the Dutch have been far too good for the Irish, but they should not be taken lightly, but Portugal will be the main challenge in their group. However, the Dutch will win the group, Portugal will reach the play-off spot, as Ireland again just misses out.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't write-off Bulgaria. I think they're able to play with Czech Rep. and Denmark. What about outside Europe?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dutch players are ready for this coming world cup! they are the first bet to win the euro 2000 and they should win the cup along themselves!
i think its their time after a long time!
so let's see the countries outside the europe !

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Speaking about Bulgaria I do not think they are ready yet for the qualifications. They changed the coach a couple of months ago. Besides, the new coach still tries to figure out the players that he would count on-the team is renewed. And although they had some nice results in a competition in Chille (they were second in the tournament along with Chille, Australia, and Slovakia), it would be very hard for them to get to the 2nd-not speaking about the first-place.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O.K. Here are my thoughts on the American and Austalian qualifying.

In America (North) I think that USA and Mexico will qualify. Either Jamaica or Costa Rica will qualify as well. I'm suggesting Costa Rica because they beat Scotland in Italia '90.
In South America, I can easily say that Brazil and Argentina will qualify. Chile and Paraguay may also qualify. But I think that either Australia or New Zealand will take their '5th place'

The rest of the world's qualifying processes are too complicated to understand. When and if I can think of a winner or 2, I will report back. Who do you think?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with Mexico and possibly the U.S. I think Costa Rica also beat Sweden in '90 but that was then. Their team has some really good players but they seem to have trouble playing together. They, Jamaica, Canada and a short list of others could easily take that third spot. (Canada won the Gold Cup..)
I think that Africa's representatives will be simular to last World Cup's.
Oh, and I really don't believe that Australia or New Zealand can take out the 5th CONMEBOL team- whoever it ends up being.
The competition is just too tough in South America, those teams will be well ready when the time comes. :)

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
2002 World Cup...the 32 teams will be:

EUROPE:
Yugo-Holland-Portugal-Denmark-Sweden-Norway-Ukraine (finally)-Croatia-Spain-Romania-Germany-England-Italy-Czech-France

Africa
the usual suspects
Nigeria-Morocco-Cameroon-South Africa-Tunisia

South America
Brazil-Uruguay (returning to greatness)-Argentina-Chile-Columbia

North America
USA-Mexico-Honduras...please CANADA

Asia
South Korea-Japan-Saudi Arabia-China

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

http://portista.socceralliance.com

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think Poland has a chance to qualify in the group that they are in. They have an awsome goalkeeper (Dudek). If they can only steal 2nd place from Ukraine they will be in. (in 1963 they beat Norway 6-1 :) ...)

In North America, Canada has a chance but winning the Gold Cup might still have been just luck.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
hmmm...I think Shevchenko and Rebrov will be on a mission during the qualifiers...hard luck for Poland again

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
well the only real threat to the Turkey squad in our group is Sweden and at EURO2000 we can measure their strenghts when they play eachother

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
No, i guarantee it is Poland's turn. Hard luck for the rest. Guaranteed. Gaving a few stars play in the west does not mean much. poland has the same.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Heyyyyyyy!
Leave Wales alone we have a great chance at getting to the W.C.
We could Clone another 3 Giggs' and kill Crossley. Convince Nesta that he has a Gran in Llantrisant and Campbell (Sol) that he was born in Neath. Pray to the Man U God (it works for them) and then kill three of the other teams. The hope is that we can get to the play offs.

Seriously though our chance came when we played Romania and missed a pen and had a keeping error to lose the thing. still like the pure Lemon juice I am very bitter.

I hope that Ukraine get through just to see Rebrov and Schevchenko together again (AWWWWWW).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well talking about Asia .. I believe in Kuwait's attack strength . so they will qualify for world cup 2002 ..
they have Jasim Al-Houwaidy who won the world goal scorer last year .
also, they have Bashar Abdulla. Guys believe me this guy has to be watched . you will see him in Sidney 2000 he is just 22.
ans Faraj Laheeb also is a good attacker and just 21.
you will see the last 2 in Sidney 2000 :)

------------------
Forza Q8 :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts