• Bayern Munich (3)

Votes: 87 83.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Bayern will win 2-1 at Highbury. The pitch would probably suit the better teachnical and tactical Germans more than the team that players there more.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I voted Bayern, but the late goal makes it interesting. Bayern will look to keep it tight early on, and the outcome will maybe depend on whether Arsenal can get a relatively quick breakthrough.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
3-0 for Arsenal, for some reason, when their asses are backed up, arsenal get things going, but still im not to sure.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I would say bayern, but the away goal makes things a little harder to say. If :ass:nal show fighting spirit and every player performs and shows a desire to win, then they might just go through. Otherwise, I would say it's bayern going through.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
After having watched how key players like Henry fought their ass off yesterday to change the match, I think Bayern must qualify easily... Henry was an insult to any professional football player with his attitude, worse than the worst Vieri.

However Bayerns lack of concentration, instead of winning the match by 4-5 to 0, and then conceeding this stupid late goal, at least leaves Arsenal a realistic chance to win the tie... if they manage to fight down Bayern.

However, as mentioned above, after having seen yesterdays match, I somehow doubt they have the spirit.

I predict a 1-2 for Bayern

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Bergkamp will be back, why he couldn't get to Munich by train is a mystery.....

anyway i predict a 3-1 win with the Arsenal playing their best game of the season only to lose on penalties as we blaze every kick over the bar.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
This was the most schocking result of yesterday, even more that Liverpool's, it will take a miracle from Arsenal to make it to the next round.

Afraid of flying, I sometimes forget about that, its so freaking weird, I would think afraid of lossing would be a stronger emotion.:googly:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Arsenal will score two goals, no problem.

The real question is, can they keep a clean sheet?

It all depends on the fitness of Sol Campbell. Will he be back on time? Without him, it's really difficult to not see Makaay and the boys net a goal or two.

I predict either jubilation or total disaster for Arsenal. The Highbury pitch and the return of Bergkamp will be a major boost for them, but it will take a total team effort to turn this tie around. Remember Milan beat Deportivo 4-1 before crumbling in La Coruna, proving that anything is possible in football. So Arsenal just need to keep their heads up. Reyes, Pires, Vieira, Ljungberg, Henry...they all need to turn up instead of hiding in their little holes perfectly dug up for big European games. This is what it's all about. Arsenal do not have that necessary healthy mentally needed in Europe to succeed. I wonder how many of the players actually think they can advance after such a disappointing result in Munich.

Arsenal 2-0 Bayern.

or...

Arsenal 1-2 Bayern.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
One of the worst performances i have ever seen from an English side playing overseas, very embarassing for the Arsenal fans. Bayern were highly organised but weren't anything special.

If Arsenal play as well as they can then it is possible they could win 2-0 at home, but personally i can only see Bayern going through. After the 1st leg, it has left Arsenal with too much to do.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Aw choice of playing ljunberg was wrong, ljunberg is more dangerous on the right than pires, so why couldnt he play reyes upfront, and let reyes and henry up thee, stiupid decision.

·
Registered
46,394 Posts
I did not watch either the game or the highlights, but Bayern seem to me a bit too solid to concede a 2-0. I say Bayern.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Twayka said:
Aw choice of playing ljunberg was wrong, ljunberg is more dangerous on the right than pires, so why couldnt he play reyes upfront, and let reyes and henry up thee, stiupid decision.
Reyes and Pires played the wings in the "Disneyland of Football", there is nothing wrong with the selection from last night just that they played like a bunch of girls.

a better question would be "why the fuk didn't Bergkamp travel to a place just over the water" ?

Bergkamp is now on a three game ban so won't play again til the second leg, it beggars belief that he didn't travel. :fero:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Arsenal are out of this one...even with Cole and Campbell back.....Ballack can prove a bigger difference.
Many people it seems have underestimated Bayern which is weird since they have a kick ass squad and no obvious weaknesses. Plus a German team under Magaths leadership will not crumble easily.

I predict 1-1

1 - 20 of 152 Posts