Home               Away
Pos Team        P  W D L F  A  W D L F  A  GD  Pts
6 Bolton        36 8 5 5 22 16 7 4 7 23 25 4 54 
7 Tottenham     36 9 4 5 36 22 5 5 8 11 18 7 48 
------------------------------------------------- 
8 Middlesbrough 36 8 6 4 28 19 5 6 7 23 26 6 51
9 Man City      36 8 5 5 23 13 4 7 7 21 24 7 48 
10 Aston Villa  36 8 6 4 25 15 4 5 9 18 33 -6 47
So who will win the UEFA Cup places? Its looking fairly tight now, with several teams in with a shout, and Bolton may even lose out yet (hopefully). There are games between these teams still to be played, so it is definitely interesting.

Heres their remaining fixtures:

Bolton: Portsmouth (A), Everton (H)
Middlesbrough: Tottenham (H), City (A)
City: Villa (A), Middlesbrough (H)
Tottenham: Middlesbrough (A), Blackburn (H)
Villa: City (H), Liverpool (A)
Charlton: Man United (H), Chelsea (A), Crystal Palace (H)

Well there are many fixtures between these sides, so there will definitely be dropped points. Even our goal differences are similar. Personally I can see teams taking the following points:

Bolton - 4
Boro - 1
City - 4
Tottenham - 5
Villa - 2
Charlton - 0

That would leave the table like this:

6 Bolton
7 Spurs
8 City
9 Boro
10 Villa
11 Charlton.

Realistically for City to get 7th we have to win every game. Personally I stand by my prediction of Spurs and Bolton. I'd love it though if Bolton lost both their games and City and Spurs won all theirs to go above them.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Bolton 3 pts - 57
Boro 1 pt - 52
City 6pts - 54
spurs 7pts - 55
Villa 1pt - 48
Charlton 1pt - 46

It looks like Bolton & Spurs for me as well then.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
i have voted for bolton and Boro, but just found out that spurs are leading villa 2-0. so perhaps they( not boro) will make it. i would love to see city make it in place of bolton. Bolton is bl***** disgusting.

BTW i have heard that Norwich have an outside chance of making it into Europe( even if they are relegated) on something like good disciplinary count. they are better than bolton (at least to me). specially with the kind of football they are playing of late, there will not be any lack of entertainment. looking forward to scorelines like, Hetha Berlin 7- Norwich 4. :D

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mean the fair play league. We qualified through that 2 seasons ago, but the chances are minute. Firstly your country has to be in the top 3 disciplinary nations in UEFA, and then you get drawn out of a hat. Its very unlikely

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
The Green One said:
IS everyone as sickened as me that Bolton will get into Europe?
You're not the only one who despises everything about Bolton. Seems like out of the three PL Lancashire clubs yours is the only one who isn't a pack of thugs who set out to break bones.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aw, stop it, your making me blush.

Yeah, we actually want to play football unlike the other lot. Then there are United with the likes of Keane, Smith and Rooney.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The Green One said:
aw, stop it, your making me blush.

Yeah, we actually want to play football unlike the other lot. Then there are United with the likes of Keane, Smith and Rooney.
isn't Danny Mills still playing regularly for City?

·
Registered
580 Posts
The only ones that deserve to play there are Teateaaam and Midlesbrougha

City will just crash out to a schoolboy Polish team again

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bartle said:
isn't Danny Mills still playing regularly for City?
No, Nedum Onuoha is our right back.

yaf said:
The only ones that deserve to play there are Teateaaam and Midlesbrougha

City will just crash out to a schoolboy Polish team again
On that form, Twatenham do deserve it yes. And saying City will crash out to a schoolboy Polish team is a bit rich when we've got more European heritage than Boro have

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Don't really care, that Bolton and Everton are flying high shows how sh1te the premiership is and any of the teams listed getting into the UEFA Cup will go out the second they play decent opposition (sometimes not even 'decent' opposition)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Hopefully Spurs finish 7th. Boro and Newcastle can then enter the Inter Toto and qualify that way. It means Norwich could enter via the fair play league meaning there'll be 10 english teams in europe next season

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Apparently UEFA may offer England 5 places in the Champions League if Liverpool win it. If so it looks like 8th will also get a UEFA Cup spot.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
the third placed team in greece. who needs them?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts