Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dean Kemp, Steven Silvaghni, Garry Hocking ?

They are all Legends, all players who have builded their teams around themselves, plaeyers that have held dynasties, but which will leave the biggest scar on the AFL ?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Christian said:
Dean Kemp, Steven Silvaghni, Garry Hocking ?

They are all Legends, all players who have builded their teams around themselves, plaeyers that have held dynasties, but which will leave the biggest scar on the AFL ?
Well I think they will all be missed !!

But what is going to be missed is the C7 coverage of games !! I am telling you this could have long term ramifications on the game , I am not effected , but lower income earners who cannot afford Fox will turn there interests elsewhere and surley this is not good for the game !!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
King Italy said:
hehe, yeah the Channel 7 coverage was great.

But it could be a blessing in disguise for soccer in this country, which I care more about ;)
Adrian with all this superleague talk going about , who is not too say it will not be on Fox aswell ??

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
we could prevent this from happening by sending death threats to Fox, saying that u had connection with Osama bin Laden
thats our last resort of course if nothing else works

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
Silvagni a legend among legends, the team of the century full back, and at 34 still one of the best defenders around.....

Quote Britain after carltons semi-final loss to richmond

"at 34 hes played his last game for us against one of the best forwards going around in richo and at the end of the day Id say hes beaten him, in a losing side, thats how much he'll be missed by us"

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Tiges !! SOS was a great player , but one B!ych I have always had about him is he never desrved to be fullback of the century !!!!

IMO Spud Frawley , Chris Langford & Rod Carter were always rated higher on my list !!!

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
I already miss whiskas' mullet :D

couts thats some fair names there!! For me the best fullbacks were SOS and Langford, I probaly rate Langers slightly ahead as the best full-back of all time, but I guess his robotic style as opposed to SOS's elasticity and ability to play ANY position in the back half geve him the nod, he could adapt and play centre-half-back on Carey whereas Langers cou;ldnt :)

Carter and spud were both greats but I rate them just under those 2 :)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
For me the greatest ever back line was that of Collins - Langford - Ayres :)

tiger, remember listening to the teams every Thursday night on the radio....... "Saturday, VFL Park.... Hawthorn vs St.Kilda..... for Hawthorn, Collins - Langford - Ayres...." :D How many times did we hear that!!!

Im with ya tiger,Langford was the best full-back, but SOS was more versitile and could play in more than just one position.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts