Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I want to say Man Utd. But if Arsenal make good buys on the transfer market, then I feel no reason to say they won't be in it.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Honestly guys this is a question that should be asked atleast after the next preseason. Arsenal will be real contenders Im sure because they have a real challenge now and they are after revenge, expect Arsenal to have a blazing start to the season picking teams off 3-0 4-1 etc but I can only say this depending if they do 1 or 2 decent signings, If Chelsea buy Ashley Cole then this may have a negative affect Arsenal team spirit.

Lets just see after the summer...

·
Registered
831 Posts
I read this in a website (I forgot the address) that Mourinho said something like this after winning the EPL:

'I knew we were going to win the title as I am the best. I single handedly won the title. Forget about Frank Lampard.'

WTF!!!! Did he really say that?

Can someone confirm this for me?

That is like the most :yuck: :yuck: comment by a football coach.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
LiquidFire said:
I read this in a website (I forgot the address) that Mourinho said something like this after winning the EPL:

'I knew we were going to win the title as I am the best. I single handedly won the title. Forget about Frank Lampard.'

WTF!!!! Did he really say that?

Can someone confirm this for me?

That is like the most :yuck: :yuck: comment by a football coach.
He would be insane to say that, they are his shield, he won't say anything against Terry and Lampard because they are the English faces that keep the xenophobes from going against the guy.

Mourinho is too smart to say such things, unless he was drunk...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Faisal said:
He would be insane to say that, they are his shield, he won't say anything against Terry and Lampard because they are the English faces that keep the xenophobes from going against the guy.

Mourinho is too smart to say such things, unless he was drunk...
You are right, I think that comment by Mourinho is a joke written by the webmaster of the website.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
This question is utterly useless since the transfer season hasn't come and gone yet and the official teams for next season haven't been announced.
Naturally, Arsenal, Man Utd, and possibly Liverpool will be seen as Chelsea's greatest threats. But who will be a real threat, we'll have to wait until just before next season to make a more accurate judgement.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
LiquidFire said:
You are right, I think that comment by Mourinho is a joke written by the webmaster of the website.
He never said that.

This is what he said, from soccernet.

Delighted Jose wants extended stay
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is keen to extend his contract at Stamford Bridge.

The Portuguese, who signed a three-year deal at Stamford Bridge last summer, revealed he wants to extend his stay with the Barclays Premiership champions minutes after the Blues wrapped up the title with a 2-0 win at Bolton.

He said: 'This group is really special - that's why I want to stay with them for the maximum time, maybe for longer than the contract I have.

'The players deserve this, so do the fans, Roman Abramovich and Peter Kenyon.'

As his players celebrated in front of the travelling supporters, 42-year-old Mourinho sat in the dugout with his mobile phone.

And he revealed to Sky Sports afterwards: 'I was speaking to my wife and children.

'They went to Portugal for the weekend but they saw it live and they are happy of course - like me.'

He continued: 'Nobody speaking with fairness and sense can say we don't deserve this title.

'I'm very happy for the fans but the players deserve this more than anybody. My players have talent, ambition and desire and from July we felt something special.

'Football is crazy sometimes. We knew a few months ago we had a lead of some distance but anything is possible - so only now is the moment we really feel we are champions.

'It's not easy the way we are champions and it was the same story this weekend.

'This game was the perfect game to be champions because Bolton have a difficult style of play and we had to adapt - and we did. We fought like lions.'

·
Registered
95 Posts
chelsea have the best team, squad and arguably manager. can strengthen exponentially and on paper it is impossible to forcast anything else other than chelsea retaining it.

arsenal will get better, but mu have problems with an ageing core and a dlusional manager. liverpool will be back in the fold imo.

i cannot see beyond chelsea for the moment........yay.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts