1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who will best Partner for Emerson??

Our midfield simply solid,but lack of offensive ability or creative untill

-Nedy----??-----Emerson----Camo

??-->who will best for Emerson partner??

1.Appiah

Merits:great physical strength,good offensive permeate,good shooting<but never goal>,good fighting spirit

Demerits:lack of equilibrium with ball,lack of passing ability&creative

2.Blasi

Merits:hard tackling,best fighting spirit,good vision,long&short passing

Demerits:lack of shooting ability&offensive ability&creative

3.Olivera

Merits:great dribbling&skill&pace&speed with ball,elaborate&strong long and short kick&shooting ability,good creative&playmaking,great scoring ability

Demerits:Worst and lack of equilibrium defence ability in three players,frequency get yellow card<lack of tackling ability&easily excitement>,lazy defence permeate

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Appiah. That said, all 3 are adequate if nothing else. In the current tactical shape, there is no need for a better player because that additional ability is redundant. No point in getting someone when he isn't going to be fully utilized. If Capello can actually entertain a change though, I thought I saw the solution in the Villareal-Barcelona game. Am wondering if Barca can still be persuaded that they really need Tach and in exchange, perhaps part with a surplus midfielder in Riquelme ...

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yeah, riquelme would be nice.

i think it all depends on what capello is looking for and who juve play against. you wont solidarity and no goals conceeded, you go with blasi. this of course means less creativity. Appiah is similar, he doesnt give much offensively either. If you want creativity and more goals, Olivera is your man.

In an ideal world, if the team was as solid and didnt conceed like when blasi plays, than Olivera would be perfect.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Blasi is the best.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Well, one player that did impress me a lot when I saw him was D'Alessandro during the Olympics this summer. He played some great football, although it was Teves that got all the headlines the best player when I saw Argentina was D'Ale.

I must confess that the Olympics is the only time I have seen him though, and he might not be as good as he was then. I don't know actually, anyone who seen more of him in Wolfsburg or back in River can fill me in maybe?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Tactically I agree with everything chinq said. That it doesn't really matter in other words :groan: .

In a perfect world there'd be Ma....a :googly: or someone else who can dictate offence and offer stability at the back at the same time. Like Pizarro.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
the best midfielder to play beside emerson would be tomas rosicky...with that being said, unless we buy him we're gonna have to go forward with what we have, i do like appiah beside him, but then that limits emerson as far as attacking goes, appiah is much better at creating (see his time at brescia) then he is at destroying...blasi partners emerson well because he runs and runs and runs and he also destroys which can free up emerson a bit to help out in attack...

3 other players that could play beside emerson are obodo from fiorentina (creating a very scary midfield duo) and mascherano from river (even more scary) and finally pizzaro who like rosicky would add creativity to our midfield

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
to add to my last post, i'm reading right now on calciomercato.com that moggi is interested in bringing one of davids or c.zanetti to juve immediately...

both would be able to play extremly well with emerson (zanetti plugs holes and works hard although i know alot of fans are gonna thrash him)

finally ambrosini would be another dream partner for emerson...he is rotting on milan's bench but the chances are slim to none that we can pick him, milan will not make the same mistake with ambrosini that they did with davids

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
see i knew zanetti would get this reaction, but he is underrated...i'd take him over tacchi any day of the week...there must be something good their if capello wants him

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Over Tacchi! No freacking way! Not only is Tacchi a much better player, but when Tacchi plays he plays with heart for us, always gives 110%. He loves the club like no other.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Zanetti is like Bonera. An overrated Italian. If he was here we could add him to the equation and it would still not change a single thing. Zanetti worked well for Roma, but only because Totti gave a masterclass season to offer all the creativity the central midfield duo did not (with Candela and Cafu on the wings).

We NEED someone creative in there to dictate our game. Zanetti is certainly not it, and neither is Davids. He's damaged goods and you just don't go back in time like that.
Either way- it's a rumour I don't trust at all.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Tach for Riquelme? You guys have to be joking right? If Riquelme continues in form, he will either be back in Barca next year, be sold for LOTS of money or swapped for a really good player.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Either Blasi or Appiah. Don't think there's anything much between them.

Obodo looks interesting as a future acquistion and potential candidate.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
R10eDeus said:
Tach for Riquelme? You guys have to be joking right? If Riquelme continues in form, he will either be back in Barca next year, be sold for LOTS of money or swapped for a really good player.
Stranger things have happened and will no doubt continue ie. Deco, Ronaldinho and Riquelme in Barca's 1st 11 or the latter's enthusiasm to re-heat a bench he warmed before. There are no longer LOTS of money lying around. Sellers in dire straits themselves don't help matters. A distinction should be drawn between Tach being good in what he does and Juve not needing that particular quality, ditto Riquelme and Barca.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Chinq, Barcelona could still get something better than Tacchinardi for Riquelme. Plus there is always England and their clubs always have money for creative players. This swap is not realistic. Good attacking midfielders are fewer and worth more than good defencive midfielders, especially defencive midfielders of Tacchinardi's style.

The best partner for Emerson is Maresca. Since Maresca left, it's Blasi and Appiah. Oliveira is too attacking and Capello will never, ever do that on a long term basis.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
No doubt they could, Amo. I am basing it on the rumour that Barca wanted Tach. Certainly, a straight swap is unlikely but I am positive whoever's running the transfers will be more than willing to top up the difference. Considering everything, I will be VERY surprised if Riquelme returns to Barca.

Maresca would make for a decent partner, as a good player who can take care of himself out there. Its unlikely that he'll raise the game level of the others around him significantly, which is what Juve sorely needs. Riquelme, though not exactly a straightforward solution, is one of those few who possesses that rare quality. Gerrard is another I like. Olivera is one of the reasons why Livorno was able to mess around with Juve's midfield. Blasi didn't make it at the last minute and Capello threw in a contingency. Olivera simply doesn't have the experience nor the temperament to run the show in that area.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
if we need an offensive player the olivera is the man,, defensive then ofcourse blasi.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
chinq said:
Olivera simply doesn't have the experience nor the temperament to run the show in that area.
I agree with that, but that's also because the squad has been accostumed to having two defensive central midfielders, and neither Nedved or Camo today does the grind work necessary to pull off playing a very attacking player next to Emerson. With Roman and his nonexistant defence that would of course have to change radically.

Still a fan of his btw. Fantastic player... born to play in serie A in a 3-4-1-2 formation. Simply born for it. And his performance against Barca only underlined everything we talked about prior to his transfer to Barca :(.

Then... Maresca made everyone better when he played for us last year. I don't understand why he couldn't do that again with a player like Emerson next to him.

Amo: I think Riquelme would be torn apart in most English teams. Unless he's at Arsenal for instance... in a free role behind Henry, like Bergkamp.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts