Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Chris Martin be top scorer for the third season in a row?

Or can someone challenge him this season?

Let's look at the contenders,

Darren Bent: the master poacher, always going to sniff out a goal, but unlikely to start many games. Also looks a bit tubby and unfit at the moment.

Tom Ince: had a great run of goals last season, more than capable of doing that again, and over a full season could get 20 goals. Not had the greatest start to the season though.

Andreas Wiemann: not looked quite match fit and sharp yet, perhaps due to lack of football at the back end of last season and the more chaotic games in the championship. Once he gets a goal, think he will get going.

Johnny Russell: opened his account on Tuesday, not scored enough goals during his time here, could this be his breakthrough season?

Other than if Craig Bryson finds his scoring boots of two seasons ago, they are the contenders.

Personally think it will be Martin again, after injury at the end of last season and a late start to pre season, he's not quite fully match sharp yet. But has already opened his account with the goal against Charlton.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Barring a serious injury still think it will be Martin, with 20+, would be good to see some getting 15+ most likely Ince, maybe Bent, and then Russell and Wiemann also getting up to double figures.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Lol Neil I've got a fancy pants phone and didn't know this game, will check it out.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Cool, I'll take a look at it, probably tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Great start from Russell, could easily have been left out of the team with all the new players, but he's stepped up.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Playing as brum on my phone and Ipswich on thenipad on that game. Class :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts