Xtratime Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bleus : Platini pour Santini et Simonet pour Domergue
02 juillet 2002 - 10 h 07 -

Claude Simonet révèle mardi dans France Football que Michel Platini souhaite voir Jacques Santini succéder à Lemerre.

Dans un entretien accordé à France-Football, Claude Simonet le président de la Fédération Française de Football a déclaré qu’il apprécierait de voir Jean-François Domergue succéder à Roger Lemerre. Il affirme également que Michel Platini (vice président de la FFF) lui a glissé un nom : celui de Jacques Santini, directeur sportif de Lyon.

---------------------
the more we wait the more we have potential coaches for the french NT : tigana, giresse, fernandez, domenech, then santini and troussier and now domergue !

but who would you see guys ?

(this thread should be a poll, shouldn't it stephañho ? ;))

· Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
San_Siro_1 said:
What? Hiddink? :confused:
We have enough World Class coaches that there is no need at all to go look for one abroad even tough Hidding is a truly World Class coach. The coach has to be French!:)
i was kidding. instaed, i'd much prefer the south korea players to replace the french...:rolleyes:

· Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
San_Siro_1 said:
They can only run run and run...that's all they can do those Koreans...:eek:

Don't worry thepretendeur, we will be back and stronger than ever with the talents available!:):cool: All we need is a coach who can make them come down to earth, someone like a Scolari for exemple. The French Scolari could be Guy Roux or Jean Tigana.:)
seriously, i cannot think they are doped...i mean not more than the other teams. their pace is natural for me.
when you see the quality of their technique... look at their crossings especially : you can dope leboeuf, karembeu, djorkaeff and thuram how much you want but they will never be able to do it with such perfection...
but i don't think they are really that fast. but they in constant movement. that is usually france force !
but france was slow, with its defense mostly overcome, and france is known for its ability to give pace, rule the speed of the game... why have they lost this ability in such a sudden way?

no i don't think doping or even luck are the only reasons. korea had a lot of time to prepare its WC and to improve. they have talent. why should there be a "third-world for football" ?! i can't remember the number of almost racist and unfair arguments to diminish korea's performance...
we should respect them, as we should respect more turkey, senegal, costa rica or japan and admit football doesn't belong to europe or south america. european teams sucked : germany was a an insanity and brazil wasn't so impressive.
i remember beckenbauer saying : "if you want to know what will the german team look like today, you take kahn, you choose 10 players at random and you put them on the pitch ..."

France will be back. a new coach will be the best thing for the team. let him work and make the house clean (troussier, wenger). there are some people in we shoudn't deal with anymore... i don't want to give names but ;) ... n'est-ce pas franck, christophe, yohan, christian, youri et alain ?

· Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Could guy roux be able to deal with stars ?
i mean he only coaches young guys. they're easy to drive and to discipline. Especially with his well-known military camp methods...
But we all know that he has problems with mexès and cissé who are already... stars.
and his whole experience is auxerre... even though i respect his job, i think that's poor according to level of the french NT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.