Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinio Raul is the must likely to win, but beckham as alot to show this year and why not Rivaldo again, or Ronaldo Veron, Nistelroy. Who Knows?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
thing about beckham is that he is not that young anymore. 26 or whatever he is is not that young....

Raul still being young himself ( i think 23) is icredible, kinda like ronaldo when u think he has been around for so long yet is still around the same age as beckham...

RvN is quality, cant believe he has come back from his knee problems to be the kind of player he has at united in his 1st season.

What i find intriguing about this award is that it is always one of the big names, rivaldo or figo can have a bad year yet still be in contention. I think that it really should be given to the best plyer.

Eg Owen won european footballer of the year, and beat figo in it. Yet figo finished higher than owen in world footballer of the year, wheres the perspective in that

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
actually beckham is going to be 27 soon...he is already a superstar and is one of the best players in the world...raul is also one of the top strikers in the world...its very hard to choose the next best player in the world because u can't compare a great defender to a great midfielder, or a great striker...or a great goalkeeper...how about who will be the next best goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, and striker???

·
Registered
879 Posts
Given historical bias that these so called 'best' players are either creative or attacking I would have to say that I think the next best is probably:

trezguet

too bad he plays in a league where he can't show his stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best Player of this year...

Hi, I think the best player of this year could be TREZEGUET because he finished the top scorer of the Italian League and I think he is talented and good. Then thier is Raul and DEL PIERO who are very good players.
I think 1 of these players should win not always the same.
THEIR SHOULD BE THE BEST PLAYER AWARD FOR WOMEN ASWELL NOT ONLY FOR MEN!!!!!!!

P.S Juve are the Champ's of Italy!!!!
Forza Juve!!!!:howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Becks Or RVN Or Ljunberg

·
Registered
333 Posts
Michael Owen in top form is outstanding.

For me; if you're going to say a striker is the best in the world, then it has to be some one who can run at defenders from the midfield and beat them with pace and dribbling, ie; Henry, Owen, Ronaldo (pre-injuries) Being a great goal poacher is not enough.

I prefer midfielders who can create for their teammates and finish themselves. Zidane's goal on Wednesday says it all. With all his skills he volleys perfectly for the winner on the big stage. And he heads in goals in the 98 WC Final. This guy does it all.

If Figo is healthy in Korea, watch for him to remind people of his greatness

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I'm going to warn all of you about the guy I have been amazed with ever since Copa America 1999, Ronaldinho Gaucho from Paris Saint Germain.

He's had a pretty good first year for PSG considering everything, he's been played out of position sometimes as a support striker when his number one best position is attacking midfeild with kind of a free role. Due to a scandal between PSG and Gremio, he had to be put off for 6 months of no football and was kind of rusty for the beggining of the season not to mention to the adjusting of the Parisian lifestyle.

He's also had a recall with Brazil and has had some amazing free-kicks and goals for PSG this season, he's one of the 3 best players for PSG alongside Heinze & Mikael Arteta and was there leading scorer with 9 goals, he's the leader of there midfeild and attack.

It's been a good maturation process for RG and I am pretty sure he'll move to Italia or Spain after a good World Cup this summer. :greed: :star:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Hasan could be a very good player in Europe next year. I think he will end up in Serie A, with a mid-major team.

Landon Donovan is someone else the world should watch out for:cool:

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
DaMarcus Beasley

·
Registered
2 Posts
i would luv 4 the next best player in the world 2 b Landon Donovan, Clint Mathis, Brad Davis, Tim Howard, or Mike Petke. i believe they all have the potential 2 b the best.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts