Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Madrid? Valencia? Even Depor?

It's a tie between merengues and ches, but Valencia has a better calendar and Real plays its last game against Deportivo in Riazor... so I think it's time for Valencia to win its 5th League:)

What do you think?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
If Valencia can reach that game neck-and-neck with us, then yes, they deserve it.

They will host Deportivo and Betis, and i am counting on them dropping points there. Hoping at least.

We mustn't drop a single point untill the 38th week if we want to win, and i don't think Valencia will beat both Betis and Derportivo. If they do, congrats.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Madrid has the easiest schedule. Even though they have one less home game than the other two contenders (Valencia and Depor) they only have one difficult game (at Depor). Valencia and Depor have more difficult schedules. Depor can't drop anymore points if they want a legitimate shot at the title. Honestly if they even get a draw they are out. Right now I'd say it's 50% for Real Madrid, 30% for Valencia, 15% for Deportivo, and 5% for a freak winner (ie. Celta, Barca, or Betis). Like always it will most likely be Madrid as the winner. La Liga is so predictable. The only other league more predictable is the Scottish Premiership.

·
Registered
25 Posts
4 teams have won la Liga last 8 seasons... that's not predictable. This year is though, I don't have a favorite, either Real and Valencia have great chances.

·
Registered
526 Posts
El Cid,

Over the course of history of La Liga Madrid has won 28 league titles. Tell me another of the major leagues in Europe that are more one sided.

There are two other leagues that are more one sided but they aren't exactly top leagues. Benfica has won 30 Portuguese titles, and Rangers has won something like 45 Scottish titles.

I maintain that in an average 10 year span that Real Madrid will win 5 or 6 times. That's predictable if you ask me.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Utopia,

Juve has 25, Bayern is 16 or so.

Juanele,

Come on! Real only won 3 Leagues in the last 10-12 years. Way below "your average". Also, if Liga continues like it is now, it will continue to be more difficult to predict. In the past it was Real or Barca, but Deportivo won it 2 years ago, and Valencia might still win this, you never know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts