• FC Zwolle

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before last week it looked like Zwolle were dead certainties to go down but after their win against AZ, the race to beat the drop is wide open again and with Volendam winning last week too, Vitesse who can't seem to win also must be feeling the heat! So who do you think will be directly relegated if you look at the table right now?

STAND
Team G W G V P V T
14 FC Groningen 29 8 7 14 31 31 - 45
15 ADO Den Haag 29 6 7 16 25 28 - 56
16 Vitesse 29 3 13 13 22 33 - 51
17 FC Zwolle 29 4 9 16 21 23 - 53
18 FC Volendam 29 5 5 19 20 24 - 68

Also for the na competitie, ADO imo don't seem safe at all. If they fail to beat RKC who got thumped 4-0 the week before and even get beaten 3-1 by them at home, there definitely will be things to worry about imo.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
I think Volendam... Zwolle is in a good run, Vitesse is not really, but still better than FCVD. They're simply way too weak, Wisman was right saying that some months ago.

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going for Zwolle since strange things are going on there. THey seem to be getting rid of their whole team at the end of the season :confused: and that might effect the moral. Even read that currently the worst goalie in the eredivisie by a mile, Vd Werff who will be going to Dorderecht next season, might be replaced next season by the worst upcoming goalie in Ter Grabbelaar :howler:

Volendam are probably a worse outfit but they sometimes play decent football. Very sometimes :pp

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
After last night the future for Volendam has become even worse with Zwolle winning again. This time against Heerenveen. Hats off for Spijkerman by producing such a turn around in the second half of the season. I must say that I didn't believe in it anymore when he signed there and the first signs were also that he wouldn't make such a difference, but now they're getting great results with such a limited squad. Even a crappy striker like Zuurman scores important goals now, while he probably is one of the worst striker in the Eredivisie and perhaps even in the First Division he wouldn't make that many goals, but still.....

Volendam now has to make up 4 points on Vitesse and with the games against PSV, Feyenoord and NAC I don't see that happening. Only in the last two games of the season against NEC and RBC it might be possible, but they probably must win them both.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
The remaining matches...it will be so tight! Looking at the schedule you would think Vitesse might be able to avoid relegation, but we aren't able to win against the teams that our main competitors are able to beat..... :sigh:

VITESSE
Home: NEC, Utrecht
Away: Roda, Heerenveen

ZWOLLE
Home: Ajax, Willem II
Away: Feyenoord, Groningen

VOLENDAM
Home: PSV, RBC
Away: NEC, Feyenoord

ADO
Home: Heerenveen, NEC
Away: NAC, PSV

The program:

za 24/4 SC Heerenveen - Vitesse 19.30
zo 25/4 Feyenoord - FC Volendam 14.30
zo 25/4 NAC Breda - ADO Den Haag 14.30
zo 25/4 FC Groningen - FC Zwolle 14.30

za 1/5 ADO Den Haag - SC Heerenveen 19.30
zo 2/5 FC Volendam - PSV 14.30
zo 2/5 Vitesse - NEC 14.30
zo 2/5 FC Zwolle - Ajax 12.30

zo 9/5 PSV - ADO Den Haag 14.30
zo 9/5 FC Zwolle - Willem II 14.30
zo 9/5 Roda JC - Vitesse 14.30
zo 9/5 NEC - FC Volendam 14.30

zo 16/5 Vitesse - FC Utrecht 14.30
zo 16/5 ADO Den Haag - NEC 14.30
zo 16/5 Feyenoord - FC Zwolle 14.30
zo 16/5 FC Volendam - RBC Roosendaal 14.30

NEC will play a very important role in the remaining matches....

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Vitesse has the easiest program out of these. Zwolle and Volendam only have two games left to gain points, since they won't take them against a top-3 team, I'm sure. ADO is just too far away now and will escape. I think Volendam will still drop. Or perhaps Vitesse :skull:

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Week of shocks! looks to be a great climax but surely Vitesse won't drop with their squad!
How long will Van Vossen be suspended for btw? I missed it but if it's bad, it might be the last appearance in professional football for him :eek:

Great comeback from Volendam today but what on earth is a goalie the size of that guy (from Volendam) playing professional football :eek: but as I said Volendam can play football if they want. I still stick by that Zwolle and Zuurman plus Vd Werff wil be playing at the right level for them next season, the GG Divisie :stuckup:

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
It wouldn't suprise me if Vitesse finished voorlaatste and it also wouldn't suprise me if they didn't survive the na-competitie.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Yeah, even if they would survive from direct relegation they still could down afterall. Unlike Zwolle or even Volendam they aren't in great shape at the moment and they would also see the nacompetitie as something unpleasant. While the other two teams will see it as the best they could get this season and therefor don;t mind a shorter holiday.

After yesterday's results I might go for Vitesse now or else still Volendam. Zwolle will at least win the game against Willem II I think, which means that they will be 4 points ahead of these two.

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
16-05-'04 FC Volendam - RBC Roosendaal
16-05-'04 Feyenoord - FC Zwolle
16-05-'04 Vitesse - FC Utrecht

16 FC Zwolle 33 5 11 17 26 26 - 60
17 Vitesse 33 3 16 14 25 36 - 56
18 FC Volendam 33 6 6 21 24 29 - 78

Looks increasingly bad for Vitesse. They'll have to do it by themselves Michel I guess. Feyenoord should beat Zwolle say 2-0 but I'm expecting Volendam to give their all and to beat RBC so a draw may be enough for Vitesse looking at goal difference. Should be a real nail biter!

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Looking at the differences now I might go for Zwolle now to drop down. That penatlymiss by Van der Haar against Willem II could have been a very expensive one. If he had scored that one they were at least save from direct relegation. Now they have to rely on either RBC or Utrecht, cause I can't see them taking a point in the Kuip, eventhough Groningen showed that with an average squad it was possible and that point would be enough, since they have a better goaldifference than regular cannonfood Volendam.

I think Vitesse will at least get the needed point. Utrecht will rest some players I guess just before the cupfinal and they want Cornelisse from Vitesse, so it might be better to be a friendly to them. Although direct relegation means a fitter Cornelisse for the new season.

Anyhow the bottom part of the league is the only interesting thing on the last day.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I might see Volendam clinch the victory versus RBC and Vitesse only manage a draw, and then it will be over....:skull:

On one hand I feel very bad if Vitesse goes down, because they have a lot of fans and I feel sorry for them, but as a club they deserve to go down. Years of terrible management and 'luchtkastelen' and look where it brought them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nostradamus got it right again with Zwolle !!
Another couple of thousand of euros down the drain :eek: :( :D

Their defence was absolutely appaling too yesterday. Almeida really did make a difference since with Yobo and Roelofsen, they really did look like GG divisie standardwise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts