Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that LAZIO has buy LOPEZ from Valencia. But i also know that Cragnotti also finding another striker. Can somebody help me to find out the striker that suitable for LAZIO???

·
International
6,519 Posts
Why don't we try to get Zlatko Zahovic from Olympiakos ? He has got a contract there till 2003 but he had a big fight with his coach and he is able to get. You saw him play for Slovenian national team ( i am from slovenia and i can tell u:p), he is one and only world class player in Slovenia ! But there are rumours too that Fiorentinas manager is allready in Belgium watching him, fiorentina needs a new striker so he may be Violas striker next season

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Don't you think everbode else will be after Zahovic after his amazing performance so far in Euro 2000? I suggest we get other Sloveian players (I quite fancy Slovenia :) ), those with less star status.
In that match vs Yugo, several players have caught my eye: Amir Karic(19), Udovic(9), Milinovic(3), Miran Pavlin(11), and the keeper :) . Perhaps they're not new names for you sslazio11, but thanks to the tv stations :( I've never actually seen Slovenia play before, not even Maribor although they made it to CL!
Do you have any other Slovenian to recommend other than Zahovic then, sslazio11?

J

·
0 Posts
I think that, if we want a great striker, there are only two names: Vieri and Crespo.

·
International
6,519 Posts
to Nedved!

First, Milinovic has number 4, not 3 ;)
And now, yes, Karic(19) plays for NK Maribor and he is really great player but he plays the position Lazio don't need. Pavlin(11) is not for sale, after the game against Yugoslavia SC Freiburg (where he plays) don't want to sell him. As what it get's to Udovic(9) for my opinion, he is not good player. He plays for Slovenia a long time now and he scored just 20-25 goals. As a striker he could do some more. Udovic is just like Piipo Inzaghi in Italian national but Udovic played a lot better game as Pippo:p

I prefer only Zahovic, maybe Pavlin too but as Jena25 said, Vieri and Crespo are gods for Pavlin, but with Zahovic, they are the same.
Zahovic said he want's to join FC Porto again (his Ex-club) if he don't reaches Porto, he want's to play in Divisione 1 (Spain) or Italy (Fiorentina :( ) He has been suspended from Olympiakos because of a fight and is now a player of NK Maribor.

·
International
6,519 Posts
oh, I forgot Aleksander Knavs(6), he is injured right now but is very wanted player around here .He plays midfield.Here u can see some info about him http://www.euro2000.org/en/teams/players/0,1068,9681,00.html,
Some managers from Spain are in Euro 2000 to watch him. But they won't see him if Slovenia don't reaches 1/4 finals. And there is Milenko Acimovic(18). You can see some of his info at http://www.euro2000.org/en/teams/players/0,1068,9557,00.html
An almost unbelievable lob from the halfway line, the goal has already entered into Slovenian folklore and made the 22-year-old an instant national hero.

[Edited by sslazio11 on 16-06-2000 at 13:57]

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I agree with "Jena25" there are only two names: Vieri or Crespo.

G

·
0 Posts
Vieri would be great, but not in exchange for Salas AND Baronio. Salas was great at the start of last season and Baronio is one of the few young Italian players we have. I know this will annoy people, but what about Montella? He's only been at Roma one year so it's not like he is Roma through and through. Also, Erikkson and Mijajlovic were once at Roma, but are now doing great for Lazio.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
As I see it: S Inzaghi, M Salas, C Lopez and M Palermo !!!

I think it´s way to soon to write off Palermo as he is a great player. The other good news about Palermo is that he wouldn´t be called to the national squad as he has been injured for awhile and needs time to get back into shape.

I think that Palermo also wouldn´t mind starting from the bench until he is back to the way he was before he ruptured his knee ( or did he break his leg ). Anyway Palermo was going to be out of football for 6.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Palermo could shoot our penaltys :eek:

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Well thanx for the info and the links sslazio11! :)
Like I said, I've never seen those Slovenian players play before, and 1 match is not enough to judge how good a player is.
At least I want to keep in mind players like Karic, Pavlin and Milinovic. They look promising to me (at least from that match alone) and it would be good if I can see them in action for some clubs in Italy/Spain/any other big leagues.
So Udovic is Inzaghi-kind of striker. Hmm. But better than Pippo. That really says it :D
I'm always willing to spot some potential star than just getting players who are already big.

-- Nedved! in mourning :( :( :( --

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I agree with you "Svennis" that Palermo is a good player.
But he has no europen passport what i know?:confused:

I´ve heard that he has practice penaltys...:D

R

·
0 Posts
If Lazio want a good striker thats young, they should try buying Mateja Kezman!!!!

·
International
6,519 Posts
Mission Imposible, rafrajder
Mateja sticks with Partizan at least till December, an than he will probably join AC M*lan

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Palermo can probably get an Ec passport......Half of the Argentinians have some Italian blood in them, i think all the argentinians in Lazio are part Italian 2, but im not sure.

Wouldnt he be cheap like $15?? since he was only valued at $18 before the injurie..

Lopez, Inzaghi, Lopez, Palermo, Ravanelli would be plenty...We dont need to buy Vieri or Crespo who are 3 times the price of Palermo. Also bring Figo :):D but then we cant have both Conceicao and Stankovic

FORZA LAZIO!

M

·
0 Posts
What about this Angel dude. Anyone knows if we are buying him.

Why don't we buy Aimar and Saviola and loan them to River Plate direcly. I know its two new Argentinians but if we loan them to Plate the whole season then the seson after that Sensini would probobly retire. Then its like adding one Argentinian and there is a possibility that ALmeyda goes to Parma this season already.

Season 2001/2002
Argentinians:

Simeone
Veron
Saviola
Aimar
Lopez
(Almeyda)Probobly sold :(

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
sslazio11:

Now, isn't Milinovic nr. 3? I thought nr.4 was Milanic, the captain? :confused:

And yeah it upsets me that Kezman is going to Milan! :(They've got some youngsters now, don't they? Jose Mari, Sheva, Gerard, Kezman... If we want to think about the long term as well, let's not just by finished products aka stars. Look for more future stars as well!

Remember, we bought Nedved when he wasn't exactly a star yet; he only started to shine, and when was it? Euro 96! So I hope such thing can be repeated here in Euro 2000.

[Edited by Nedved! on 18-06-2000 at 19:16]

·
International
6,519 Posts
Nedved!

sorry, my mistake, yeah, Milinovic has nr. 3 and Milanic has nr. 4
Sorry again :)

ZLATKO WAS GREAT AGAIN !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts