Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so let's go for a poll..
we've been linked to almsot every leftback available..from sergi, lizarazu, ziege to thatcher..etc..

so who do u think we wil really get ..but who do u prefer tbe most?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amoroso, we are the fans, we have the power! :)
Lizarazu is good, Ziege... well sometimes he isn't bad, but he made for Germany also games where his crosses were just crap.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
thatcher, sold. Ziege, not now. Lizarazu, a dummy for GH to buy someone we don't know.
So, I don't know who will be our new left back.......... :p

Hey, Matteo is improving so I think he will still be the one for a while.... :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't believe Hoiuliier hasn't signed Lizirazu yet. :mad:

Didn't Arthur Numan have a dream to play for Liverpool or something? :confused:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Numan wants to come to LFC next summer.

I still don't think anyone has signed Lizerazu yet - Is this the man?

We have to get somebody and by Houlliers record its probably someone we don't know.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sad to say this, but Lizarazu didn't really impress in Euro 2000. I'm ok with that though, coz every player is entitled to an off day.

But I can't stand the media who labelled him "The French Phillip Neville". Now that's really bad. Imagine the headline: "Liverpool signs French Neville!"

·
Registered
818 Posts
by the way...

This topic is potentially "hot", so let's give in as many names as possible :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay.....

- Heinrich (very flexible, but too old)
- Marco Bode (also flexible, can score goals, but also too old)

damn, i know only old german solutions... i don't know a young german talent (in Germany that means under 30 :) )...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Two good tries...

As for me, it's Ziege. Really liked him as a player since his Milan days and the impression that he is a good player can't leave my mind, even though now that he's slightly crap. I think he can still do the job in the Premiership...

As I posted earlier, I dun think GH will sign a new left-back, really! But I hope I'm wrong, of course!

PS: Can u imagine two years back we were linked with Phil Neville... sorry I can't help but take a dig, I did strange things like going to the Man Utd forum and laughing at Neville Jr, etc. Very bad, me.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Maybe Vincent Candela??! :D
I don't know, but I guess it's easiest for us to sign a French player than another nationality playrs...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Candela was one old link too.
I was thinking, is there anyone whom we've never hear before, a surprise left-back signing, etc.

Hard to think of actually. We've been linked with close to 50 left-backs, I guess :D

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what about eric carteron...he's french and inexpensive..and pretty good too!!1

he's not very well-known but i can ssure u he's very good!

his sytle is a bit like that of heggem and he liked to attack a lot!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think Cocu will be an interesting addition to the squad, but he is playing more in a midfield position (natural position). He has been of course used at LB before.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
probably the impossible will happen... Maldini will come as the new left-back. Noo!!!! Debs, bodat, kat, Gabriel, xax and others will definitely kill me.
French neville? geee.... probably some 3rd level player in france. or we could dig up someone in reserved squad.
ciao!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts