Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of rumors that he will be taking the portugal NT Job....i hope he stays...

But Portugal NT might be too much for him to turn down.So who should be his possible replacement??

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I think we all know who it should be, but sorry I currently don't have any plans to manage.

We should grab Cantona back or even Wenger. Wenger would jump at the chance of joining us and it'd be a pretty decent promotion for him :tongue:

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D or may be the tactician benitiez..??:pp

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I certainly would think this is one of the biggest appointments in the clubs history.

Hopefully this appointment will be made with an eye for the future, and that a succession plan 'after SAF' comes into it.

I know it's a different level; but at our cricket club we always try and find the next leader within the current group - I.e We have a coach, then identify a current player who shows great leadership and appoint him to an Assistant coach position.

This ideal works; (not for england though :pp) and it must be thought that whoever is the 2IC will be the next united manager. In sayin that though; I would gladly accept Keano being our next manager but he would never take the Assistants position.

Unfortunately, because they are prepared and trained so well by Sir, so many United players are now Managers; thus meaning we don't get the chance to bring them through under Sir as well.

I would have loved Keano to be assistant for 2 years, but, as said above, it won't happen.
I certainly don't want some 50+ year old bloke with a history of being an assistant; I want the next United manager.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Fergie Lines Up Controversial Queiroz Replacement

Sir Alex Ferguson appears resigned to losing assistant manager Carlos Quieroz and is lining up a controversial replacement in the shape of Pako Ayesteran, claims the Daily Telegraph.

Quieroz, who is in his second stint at United, has reportedly been in negotiations with the Portuguese FA and is widely tipped to be named as Luiz Felipe Scolari’s replacement as the national side’s coach shortly.

According to the paper Ferguson is considering replacing Quieroz with Pako Ayesteran in a move that may surprise many at Old Trafford, considering Aysteran’s links with United’s bitter rivals Liverpool.

Aysteran spent three years as Rafael Benitez’s number two at Anfield but left the job last season to take over at Benfica. He has a long history with the Liverpool boss however, having worked with him at Valencia and Tenerife and could be attracted to a return to the Premier League.

Whilst Aysteran might be able to provide Ferguson with some insider knowledge of how Benitez works, it is uncertain as to how the Manchester United fans would react to a former Liverpool man joining the club.

The Telegraph also reports on a number of other options should Quieroz leave Old Trafford this summer. Other candidates reportedly include former United players Laurent Blanc and Brian McClair, and United development coach Rene Meulensteen.

Gill Clark

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The options in my opinion are keane, cantona, Brian McClair unless fergue deceides to bring some one from outside ( i mean not a ex united man)

Ole might not be considered as hes just taken up as reserves team coach.

·
Major
1,342 Posts
i want someone who has good contacts in the continent and who is tactically very good.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jose mourinho fits ur description perfectly....

·
Major
1,342 Posts
i will take him :happy:

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I want Pako Ayesteran. He's one of the best assistant managers in the world and fits the bill. Being ex-scouse will only piss them ***** off as well :)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I faxed my CV to Ferguson. I think i have a chance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Didier Deschamps?

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Steve McLaren

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Didier Deschamps?
Been very impressed with him.

I just cant see anyone who has had previous management experiance stepping down to become united assistant. Although, the lure would be big.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Goodluck to him, if he stayed another 2 years I feel he would have been a shoe in for Fergie's replacement, but I suppsoe he did not feel that was guarenteed while managing his home country is too big of an opportunity.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts