Xtratime Community banner

Who do you think will coach Roma next season?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread may be premature or way late, depending on how you feel about Del Neri, but I thought it would be cool to offer a poll on a few realistic coaching options for us at the end of the season. After all the debates, I think we can now all agree that while Del Neri lifted Roma from a completely disorganized mess, he has not stamped his authority on the club, which has permitted rumours to flair up about his future.
So I'm offering a realistic poll here with realistic options. We'd all love to have Ancellotti, but he's not coming here next season, so he is not listed in the poll. Prandelli, too, has stated he will not coach Roma, and will likely go to Fiorentina at season's end, but I'll include him just the same.
The poll is who you think will end up coaching the club. But please state below with comments on who you yourself would prefer.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
i dont know if there was any discussion here about it, but there has been rumor going on that Zeman will be coach next year...

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I would love to see Zeman back here, and no, he isn't the most defensive minded coach in the world, but who gives a rat's ass. Can you imagine the football he'd produce with attacking players of this calibre?! Honestly, i'd also be happy with any of the above coaches, bar Del Neri, and the tinker man.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Prandelli, I was reallly upset when he left (even before what followed). It won't happen though :(

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Zeman would be the best choice!

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Primo, I changed the spelling of a couple of names on the poll. Hope you don't mind. :)

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Don't make the same mistake Inter is, by changing coach every year.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I want Prandelli but since I believe he already has a secret deal with Fiorentina, I vote for Mazzone. We know the guy is a true Romanista and loves the club with all he has. Its Totti's father figure and would make him very happy as well. We know that our team would have alot of heart and guts whenever they step on the pitch....something that is missing now.

Zeman would be a terrible choice because we'd be in the exact same boat we are in now. Score alot of goals with a horrible defense and end up as a mid-table club.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
No problem. :)

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Prandelli will bring stability to the team.. the players like him the management and the fans too.. so with him in charge everybody will concentrate on playing football.. he's good with yougster i.e 3/4 our squad..
but i really question his ability to lead such a huge club like Roma.. i mean he's ok if we want to build a team for the future.. but if we want to challenge there is a big question mark..

Zeman.. i know he's fighter but we really don't need more contraversiy surrounding the club.. no more oil on the fire.. Moggi gang has already enough reasons to destroy us without their public enemy Zeman in charge..
and i dont really like his tactics.. attack attack attack then what? lose after you were in the lead 3-0!! if anything has been proved the recent years in football it's that attack doesn't win you anything.. of course it pleases the eyes but thats the last thing you need to be succesful.. the modern football says try not to concede goals then think about scoring..

Mazzone.. ok he's a true Romanista and all.. certainly he would add a chracter to the team.. player will feel more secure with a father figure like him in charge..but has he proved anything in greater level? does he have any ambitions??
and honestly i find his tactic too old school.. boring.. and not creative.. he depends on building a team unit which takes long time to develop and may eventually fail in the end..

Ranieri.. he's boooooring and sometimes even extreamly stupid.. no thanx!

Cosmi.. so he said forza Roma in a lzio game.. does that make him great?! the last thing we need is another trouble maker.. he's serie B material..

Del Neri .. if it wasn't Roma i'd say he's the best choice.. he's been working with us for half a season now.. stability is a huge factor and i believe in football at least you should give a manager 2 seasons to apply his philsophy before you can judge the outcome..
unfortunately this can't happen with Delneri.. simply cause he's "unwanted".. even if he win us the CL, fans and Roman media will find some way to bash him.. and if they didn't there is always "GEA theory" waiting!
of course the guy is not complete and has his share of mistakes.. but really can you blame him.. i dare any manager in the world to do any better with our team this season.. Chaos, troubles out & inside the pitch, injuries, players in scary form, fans problems, refree mistakes and last but not the least financial problems..
i really can't judge a manager who hasn't got a pre season with a team.. enough time to mold his vision.. to choose players according..

my final choice would be Prandelli.. i really hope he can be in charge next season..

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I am actually pretty sure that Del Neri will continue here next season, mostly because we can't afford his compensation.

I don't want Zeman to be honest. I think he's playing a bit too offensive. Spalletti is a good alternative, probably the best in my opinion, but we have to compensate Udinese which makes him less attractive. Prandelli, Zeman and Ranieri wouldn't cost us anything apart from their wages and firing Del Neri. So maybe I'd prefer Ranieri. Prandelli haven't achieved as much as people tend to think IMHO. But I can't see us firing Del Neri, it's just too much money to pay.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Prandelli or even Cosmi. Mazzone could be ok too but by now his specialty is probably to help teams avoid relegation (which may come in handy for us pretty soon ;) ). i don't think Spalletti would leave Udinese easily to take a big gamble on coming here. no to Zeman, and especially to Del Neri.

it's just an idea but how about Vicente Del Bosque. *cue choruses of disapproval and insults*. he is free (after being sacked in Turkey) and could do a job for us. he would kick some of our "stars" a$$e$ and has shown that he can work with homegrown talent as well. more or less exactly what we need. my concern is that he was familiar with the Madrid setup and would be a complete novice here, but maybe this humble and largely unappreciated (by his old club) man could help turn this club around.

most importantly we need someone with a vision for the long term, not just a stop gap solution like Del Neri seems to be. i prefer Prandelli too, but if he already has a deal with Fiorentina then we have to consider other options who could also put us on "la strada buona"...

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I agree. Vicente Del Bosque was great in Real Madrid, I wonder why he got fired. He brought them the title and made them play like a team. An interesting option indeed!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Thotobald said:
I agree. Vicente Del Bosque was great in Real Madrid, I wonder why he got fired. He brought them the title and made them play like a team. An interesting option indeed!
for not winning the CL in 2003, apparently. even though Real won La Liga. imagine Roma having similar expectations ;). i was semi-joking though, he would be a big gamble for us to take. like i said he would come here as a complete outsider, whereas at Madrid he had been part of the furniture for years. also their squad wasn't too shabby when they were winning all those trophies either, but then we have some good players too...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts