Xtratime Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,193 Posts
GOOD TEAM FRANK!

excellent team choise franky-boy! but i would be having none of this zambrotta crap. possibly iuliano will take over from maldini if he isnt fit, vieri will jump in for del vecchio once hes fit or back from suspension but in the mean time, i woulnd play del vecchio id play an extra man in the middle. maybe fuser,conte,albertini and fiori

toldo

panucci nesta cannavaro maldini

fuser albertini conte
fiori

montella totti

and then

toldo

fiori albertini conte

totti
montella vieri

· Registered
1,193 Posts
GOOD TEAM FRANK!

excellent team choise franky-boy! but i would be having none of this zambrotta crap. possibly iuliano will take over from maldini if he isnt fit, vieri will jump in for del vecchio once hes fit or back from suspension but in the mean time, i woulnd play del vecchio id play an extra man in the middle. maybe fuser,conte,albertini and fiori

as for the squad: only a few changes :

-1)not baggio im afraid even though im one of his biggest fans

-2)no zambrotta hes an *******

-3)no commandini

+1)id consider some of the past greats such as marco simone but id probably go for someone like ventola

+2)simone inzaghi instead of commandini by a mile!!

+3)whatever happened to moriero can someone please tell me????? anyway id bring in that wee guy from firentina whats his name... the guy that also scores from a substitute... robbiati aye him i think the pride if player for italy would make him step up his game, there is a lot of players like this who we need to be the workhorse of the midfield, who'll chase every loose ball

toldo

fuser albertini conte
fiori

montella totti

and then

toldo

fiori albertini conte

totti
montella vieri

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Italy Squad

Goalkeepers
1. Buffon
2. Toldo
3. Peruzzi

Defenders
4. Nesta
5. Cannavaro
6. Maldini
7. Iuliano
8. Panucci
9. Pessotto

Midfield
10. Tacchinardi
11. Conte
12. Robbiati
13. Fiore
14. Albertini
15. Di Biagio
16. Ambrosini

Strikers
17. Montella
18. Vieri
19. Del Piero/Ventola
20. Totti
21. S.Inzaghi
22. Pirlo

· Registered
1,193 Posts
"Ambrosini ventola and Pirlo willnot play for Italy until after the Olympics. When we play Hngary they will be playing thier second last preparation for the Olympics.

Also what is wrong with Zambrotta?" - ITAZZ

JuveBhoy(me) - " ok but i think ambrosini in particular should stay wth the full team - hes not the typical italian player he's got a more physical side. and i think im just jumping on the pirlo bandwagon. ok ITAZZ you can slag the scotsman but ive been following italian football since i was 6 and didnt start watching scottish football since i was 13. anyway, im part italian, and the good part at that.
ambrotta i feel isnt very tactically gifted. hes an average player with no real attackive qualities and no real defensive qualities. i dont think fuser is too hot defensively, but with nesta/cannavaro behind him he shoulld be ok as when he is playing the ball should not be in the italy half much anyway. we need a re-JUVEnated di livio but zambrotta is a cheap imitation. although not as much to blame as the referee, he still made us struggle in the semi against holland. i dont really know the perfect replacement thats why i selected a 4-3-1-2 kinda formation. as we got murdered on the left flank by both france and holland and almost as badly on the right too - (which is comlimentary to maldini who i didnt previously credit)
with a back 3 you need really good wing-backs who can attack and defend at the same time(almost impossible) but we dont have lizarazu and the parma guy. maldini is too old to run up and down like that and we dont have the ideal right sided player as i previously mentioned. this system requires young ie. FIT players as a lot of ground needs to be covered by these players.

//whatever happened to moriero can someone please tell me????? anyway id bring in that wee guy from firentina whats his name... the guy that also scores from a substitute... robbiati aye him i think the pride if player for italy would make him step up his game, there is a lot of players like this who we need to be the workhorse of the midfield, who'll chase every loose ball//

- previous posting explaining selection of Robbiati and still looking for an answer on morriero

· Registered
1,193 Posts
need to go now celtic highlights are on

· Registered
1,193 Posts
yeah bang on but im still not totally convinced with del vecchio he lacks pace but you've putin three forwards so he can play far forward so he doesnt have to run much. vieri should slot straight in for him once hes back.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
no i dont think robbiati will make the team but i think he could be a great squad player - he always scored after coming off the bench and works really hard - a thing the italian squad lacks. di biagio i suppose is closest to the 'grafter' role but he is starting to think he is somebody when he is a very average player.

who did fiore sell robbiati to? is he still there?

· Registered
1,193 Posts
ok i still dont know yet. where is morriero????

players like di biagio cant afford to be like that. he hits his penalties too casually, in france i knew he was going to miss just by the length of his run up.

p.s. hail hail to celtic for sunday!!!

· Registered
1,193 Posts
well where do i start?? albertini, fuser, d. baggio, fiori conte,tacchinardi, me .... when do u want me to stop?

Di Biagio is an ok player by italy standards but he certainly isnt a match winner or even a hard working member of the team!

· Registered
1,193 Posts
absolute bull itazz. are you just looking to start a fight? i accept your difference in opinion of dibiagio but i dont see the relevance in my nationality to your point. i dont know if you have any racial prejudices or whatever but being scottish and 1/2 italian doesnt affect my football knowledge. i have been following italian football since i was 6 and then scottish since i was 12/13 so i understand good football. these forums are welcome to anyone willing to make their points so your point of telling me to go is not up to you, it is more petty than an intelligent comment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.