Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESF and Amoroso,
who are the favourites to win Seria A this year.
What's the virtues and and the weak points of Juventus, Lazio, Inter, Milan and the team of cows?:)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Ze, sempre e solo Forza grande Lazio, Campione d'Italia. They will win CL next year AND serie A. You prob. will favour other teams for the strong Argentinian influx in Lazio (and I forgive you :) ), but the rest plus Veron, Lopez, Crespo, Sensini, Simeone will kill everyone.

CESC
CESF

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh they even have the so called "kily".....sorry Alexx, their is no way I can supportr lazio with all those Argies....my mum would kill me!:)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...but we wouldn't tell mum, would we... :)

CESC
CESF

·
Registered
75 Posts
Inter is going to win the Serie title of 2000/2001 :D For the first time in a while, Inter hasnt spent a ton of money during the offseason, but instead bought young, talented players, got rid of someother players who werent fitting in the team (or homesick :mad: ), built up a good bench, and strengthned up our midfield. Of course there are still somethings to fix but we have a great coach and team and i'm sure we can have a succesful and memorable season. Lazio has spent a ton of money, but I have a feeling that they are going to be learning the lesson Inter has learned...numerous times, money does not translate into titles. :) Anyway, Parma and Roma have strenghthned up quite a bit too, so they'll probably be around the top of the table. I doubt Fiorentina is going to do anything significant next season, and despite Juventus not acquiring as many players as their rivals they have tradition and are going to be looking to win the title they lost the last season. Milan....well as an Inter supporter I hope they end up at the bottom of the table :D :D :D

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
:mad:

...and you know that "Bobo" is spanish for little stupid, don't you !

CESF
CESC

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Hmm...I'll start of by saying that unless Viola and Milan make some trasnfer moves they have absolutely no chance for anything good.Here is my run down:

SS LAZIO

Probable starting line up:

__________Peruzzi___________
Negro__Nesta__Couto__Pancaro
__________Simeone__________
Zenden_______________Nedved
___________Veron____________
_____Crespo_____Lopez_______

JUVENTUS FC

__________Van Der Sar___________
____Zanchi__Monteno__Iuliano_____
_______Davids___O'Neill__________
Zambrotta________________Pessotto
____________Zidane_____________
_______Del Piero___Trezeguet_____

AC MILAN

Probable starting lineup:

____________Abbiati______________
__Chamot___Roque Junior__Maldini__
___________Ambrosini_____________
Gattuso_____Albertini_______Serginho
____________Boban______________
____Shevchenko___Bierhoff________

INTERNAZIONALE FC

Probable Starting line up:

______________Frey______________
_____Simic____Blanc___Cordoba____
Zanetti____________________Serena
________Farinos___Di Biaggio_______
____________Seedorf_____________
_______Recoba____Vieri___________

AC PARMA

_____________Buffon_____________
______Sartor__Thuram__Cannavaro__
______Almeyda___Boghossian_______
Conceicao__________________Junior
_____________Micoud_____________
________Amoroso__??????_________

?????? = Milosevic/Kluivert/Salas

AS ROMA

__________Antonioli__________
____Zago__Samuel__Zebina___
_________Assuncao__________
Cafu______Emerson____Candela
__________Totti______________
____Batistuta___Delvecchio_____

FIORENTINA FC

_________Toldo___________
__Adani__Lassissi__Repka___
Toriccelli_____________Vanoli
_______Di Livio__Cois_______
_________Rui Costa_________
____Chiesa__Nuno Gomes____

You judge Ze,Although my money is like this:

Lazio,Juventus
Inter,Parma
Roma

Milan

Fiorentina

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I can only agree with AMO's predictions.

As this is the Brazilian forum I'll just HAVE to say :) that Roberto Bettega (our managing director) stated that Athirson would join on a free transfer on the 31.th of December when his Flamengo contract expires. I suppose Flamengo is somewhat justifying theat remark by getting left sided players such as Denilson and Djalminha (whether Djalminha is certain I don't know though).
If Ze's words of appreciation is anything to go by he will replace Pessotto on the left side of midfield :).
AMO predicted that Zanchi would play instead of Ferrara and he might win a place over the season, but in the beginning I'm sure Ferrara will still play.
Whether O'Neill will claim a starters position over Conte and Tacchinardi remains to be seen and the partner of Del Piero is still to be found. Pippo will propably start if he infact stays with us, but I expect quite alot of experiments with him, Trezeguet and Kova for the spot.

In brief. Agree with AMO on Viola and Milan, Lazio has the most explosive starting 11, Juve is the most stable side there is, Parma, Inter and Roma are the major questionmarks.

Ciao.

Ciao.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I'm going with Alexx here and the other ESF members! Grande Alessandro and his men will lead us to victory...and I'm hoping for the treble this season! :)

Strong challenges from the usual suspects Juve Ladri, Inter, Milan with UEFA places for R*** merda and Parma

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Where has everyone got the idea that Couto will start over Mihajlovic as Nesta's partner? Miha is Eriksson's favourite player and there's no way he'll be a regular in the bench next year.

NESF
NESC

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
When did Parma get Kluivert? or is that just a guess?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Daeone,its among the candidates for Crespo's replacemet.I dont think Barca will let him go but Parma will put up a bid for him.Salas and Milosevic are also candidates.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...once again I go with Kaf, SvenGo is an in-crowd man. He got rid of Beppe to introduce his man Mancini, he got rid of the opposing interns just now and as Couto is just not among his core gang, Couto won't get a spot in the starting 11. Which is not the problem. The problem is that Miha is way past his peak by now and Couto is not good enough. On the very contrary to some experts, I don't thing Couto stands like a rock, but he plays like a rock. We have to wait and see about the developments of the others to possibly partner Sandro. But neither Couto nor Miha are anywhere near to a safe defense insurance.

CESC
CESF

A

·
0 Posts
well AMO you forgot to put jose mari in the milan line up he will start ahead of bierhoff.bierhoff is on the transfer list,
and i think fiorentina have now made up a strong side with nuno gomes and leandro(from the jaws of porto) signed they can posses an impressive finish to the season.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Wasn't Mihalovic the worse player in Euro 2000?? Wasn't Couto rated among the top 5 defenders of the tournament??

It's not even close when comparing the two defensivily...the only thing Miha has is a great shot, but the man has attitude problems, can't run, and can't defend. WHy would a coach not start Couto over him..it would be plain stupid and Sven is not plain stupid!

Fiorentina has now one of the best young attacks with Leandro and Nuno Gomes. I really hope they prove themselves in Serie A. IF they get someone to help out Rui Costa in the midfield they will be just fine.

Either way, I'm with Ze...I want to see anybody win over Lazio this year. They are this years MANU team for me.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I doubt Nuno Gomes can become something special in Seria A.He is not bad but he is not Batigol either...

Anyway,Fiorentinas problem is not the offence,Chiesa and Mijatovic are good players and with help from the new comers they will be ok.Viola's problem is the midfield and the defence.Seriusly,the only good defender I see at Viola right now is Lassissi,a player extremelly talented but still imature,and he is only on loan! the rest are Bologna material and Pasquale Padalino confirmed it by signing for Bologna :)

Moreover,their midfield sucks.Rui Costa is fantastic but unhappy and wants to leave.Torricelli is great but injury prone.They sold Heinrich with the cerrainty of Vanoli joining them but Vanoli refuses even to negotiate with them.Cois is ok and Carmino Amoroso would hardly make it to Udineze.As for Amaral,he was a flop,is a flop and will always be a flop at Seria A.

This team has serius problems because ruight now they have only 3 really great players: Toldo,Rui Costa and Chiesa.Then they have some ok like Lassissi,Nuno Gomes and Toricelli and the rest are CRAP.

No chance for Villa this season.I even doubt they'll make the UEFA cup with Bologna and Udineze looking stronger than last season.

Add ot this thay Terim does not know what Seria A is (he is a good coach though) and you have a team destined to fail.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
RedEagle, isn't it a bit unfair to judge players according to a few Euro2000 games when they've played two seasons together in Lazio.

Let's compare the two defenders 0-5:

Speed: Miha 3-2 Everybody says how slow Miha is, but watch Couto...

Marking: Fernando 4-2 That's Miha's biggest problem, not the speed.

Tackling: Miha 4-3 Couto takes far too many risks, Miha is underrated in this department

Heading: Fernando 5-3 Miha's not bad, but Couto's one of the best

With ball: Miha 5-2 In my opinion Mihajlovic is the best defender in Europe in passing and starting the offense.

Add Miha's FKs there and it's a clear who I think is better...:)

Nuno Gomes might become a star, but not next year. He's very talented, great in heading, reads the play well, good shot, good speed and surprisingly strong. What he needs is experience. But he has got all the tools. He's as good as Chiesa in my books. About Viola's midfield, I agree with Amo. Rui Costa can't do it all himself and there's not much help. Fiorentina will find it very tough to improve from last season's league position. Almost impossible.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Come on Kafka,Miha is an awful defender.I dont judge him only from the Euro,I have been saying this for the pst two years.The Euro was the icing on the cake.Nesta cant save his butt all the time.He cant tackle,cant head and cant read the game.He cant do anything a defender must do.Add to this that he is a psycho,what else do you want to kick someone to Vicenza?

Couto is inredibly slow,but a rock.However,he can screw in a second with a red card for a murdering tackle,or a stupoid penalty or a stpid own gloa.You just cant trust him.But in comparison with Miha,Couto all the way!

I dont think Nuno Gomes is one the same league as Chiesa.Chiesa is extremelly underrated and towards the end of the season he was fantastic.Just watch him this year.He'll rock.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Amo, may I quote you then:

Couto is inredibly slow, but a rock. However, he can screw in a second with a red card for a murdering tackle,or a stupoid penalty or a stpid own goal.You just cant trust him.

Unfortunately in 5 out of 7 games things like you mentioned happen. Too much, way too much. No team can affor this. Neither Lazio (as seen in Serie A) nor Portugal (as seen in Euro). In Portugal there is a tendency to ignore it, as he is considered a hero (and yes, did many good things for Portugal) and when those wooden mistakes happen, it's seen as rare occasions. Which it is not.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts