Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there is no question that Juve will be active in the transfer market this year whether we win the scudetto or not.

Capello is still relatively new, and I think he hasn't got the team he really wanted from the start of the season. This year he should complete the re-shaping of the side. I also think that the league was his number 1 priority this year and if we are successful, then he will definately target the champions league next year.

First lets look at our squad:

GK
Buffon
Chimenti

DEF
Montero - likely to leave
Thuram - getting old but still good for another season or 2.
Cannavaro - ditto
Zebina - solid and should stay
Birrindelli - not a bad 2nd stringer
Pessotto - getting old and tired.
Zambrotta - best LB but Chiellini is close and Chelsea bidding him up
Ferrara - retiring

MID
Camoranesi - solid and a stayer
Emerson - he is great but injury prone. we need a good sub for him.
Olivera - Will we persist on keeping him on the bench?
Nedved - Best years are gone and he is more injury prone than ever.
Blasi - average player
Tacchinardi - very average player
Appiah - very average player
Kapo - ? don't know what to think yet.

FWD
Del Piero - Club mascot not good enough to keep paying his high wages.
Trezeguet - Our only true centre forward is injury prone.
Zlatan - definately a future world player of the year.
Zalayeta - good player at times but will only ever be a sub.
Mutu - If he stops snorting coke, he is a great acquisition.

As you can see from the list above, we need to spend some $$ if we want to be as good as Milan. The issue is that we have no depth and most of our best players are ageing and injury prone.

The question is, who do we buy? It is obvious that we need more depth in defence and midfield. That is where we have to spend the dollars. Attack will pay for itself as we should get good $$ for Del Piero and/or Mutu to get Cassano or another centre forward.

I think we have almost dealt for Kovac and Chivu is a possibility. We need 1 or 2 midfielders who can control the ball - not just hackers like Blasi and Tacchinardi. Someone like Rosicky. If you look at Milan's squad, they basically have 4 world class creative players: Pirlo, Kaka`, Rui Costa and Seedorf.

We only have Nedved, Camo and Olivera. We need 1 more creative player who can play in a deep role.

For me, this is what I would like to see Juve look like next year:

---------------Buffon----------------

Chivu/---Thuram/---Canna/---Chiellini/
Zebina----Kovac----Montero---------

-----Camo/---Emerson/---Zambo/
-----Fiore?------??--------Emre?

------Cassano/----------Nedved/----
-------Mutu--------------Kapo`-----

---------------Zlatan/--------------
--------------Trezeguet------------

(Zambo and Chiellini could exchange positions as left backs while one covers the other's runs).

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
First I would sell Trezeguet to highest bidder, hopefully Arsenal. I would also sell Appiah to the Prem.

Then I would obtain Giannichedda, Kovac and Nonda on free transfers, then ship Kovac+Legrottaglie+$$$ to Roma for Chivu and Nonda+$$$ to Parma for Gilardino. I would make a strong move for Gerrard if we get enough cash from the previous sales, but if not I would target David Pizarro. I would also bring Chiellini back from Fiorentina and perhaps buy low-priced Mozart as a backup.

OUT: Kovac, Birindelli, Montero, Ferrara, Appiah, Tacchinardi, Nonda, Olivera

IN: Chivu, Chiellini, Tudor, Mozart, Pizarro, Giannichedda, Gilardino

Buffon

Zambrotta - Cannavaro - CHIVU - CHIELLINI

Camoranesi - Emerson - PIZARRO - Nedved

GILARDINO - Ibrahimovic

Chimenti

Zebina - Thuram - TUDOR - Pessotto

Kapo - GIANNICHEDDA - MOZART - MUTU

Zalayeta - Del Piero

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Andy said:
then ship Kovac+Legrottaglie+$$$ to Roma for Chivu
unfortunately you could probably just buy Chivu off us for about 20m euros or even less if we get relegated. :yuck: :(

but it will cost you upwards of 30m if you want us to take Kovac and Legrottaglie as part of the deal too. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
----------------buffon-------------------
zambrotta--thuram--cannavaro--chiellini---
----------emerson--pizarro/mozart---------
--------------nedved---------------------
------ibrahimovic---gilardino----mutu------

----------------peruzzi-------------------
zebina--barzagli--montero/tudor---birindelli--
-------tacchinardi--blasi/giannichedda-----
---------------PARK/rosicky---------------
------zalayeta----X----------del piero------

·
Registered
13 Posts
allrounder said:
----------------buffon-------------------
zambrotta--thuram--cannavaro--chiellini---
----------emerson--pizarro/mozart---------
--------------nedved---------------------
------ibrahimovic---gilardino----mutu------

----------------peruzzi-------------------
zebina--barzagli--montero/tudor---birindelli--
-------tacchinardi--blasi/giannichedda-----
---------------PARK/rosicky---------------
---camo--------zalayet-del piero------
chiellini= 4mio
pizarro/mozart= 10mio
gilardino= 20mio
peruzzi= 0
barzagli= 9mio
giannichedda= 0
PARK/rosicky= 10-15mio
TOTAL= +-55mio

- sells of diverses players: trezeguet= 20mio, on loan players= +-15mio....
possible....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I dont know if we will be SO active....

Probably we will sell one or two superstars first: Zambro and Trez are first options, then Del Piero and Nedved....

It seems that we have done deals with Kovac and Nonda, and we could bring back Tudor, so we only need a good RB, could be Miguel, Maxwell (i think he is injured), Oddo or Trabelsi or someone else....next will be a partner to Emerson in the DM....sell Appiah and buy some guy like Gerrad, Pizarro, Riquelme, that Lyon guy or Rosicky...we need also a sub for Nedved...but i couldnt imagine a good one....then we have to know what to do with Mutu...or exchage to Roma for Cassano....

One thing, last season Capello did 3 moves: Cannavaro, Emo and Zlatan, all have been importants transfer, so i expect another smart moves this summer...

·
Registered
440 Posts
IN:
Giannichedda,Chivu,Miguel,Cassano,Mozart,Chiellini,Kovac,(Gila and Maresca?)

OUT:
Appiah,Montero,Zambrotta(damn),Zalayeta,Nonda,Trezeguet,Ferrara and Kapo

Buffon

Miguel-Thuram(Chivu)-Canna-Chiellini

Camo-Emo-Mozart-Nedved

Cassano-Zlatan

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
In:Miguel, barzagli, chivu, chiellini (return), riquelme, van bommel (free), gilardino, kovac (free), nonda (free), giannichedda (free)

Out: Birindelli, Montero, Ferrara (the great man to retire), Tudor, Legrottaglie, Appiah, Blasi, Trezeguet, Nedved (this is a biggy, i just feel that if we are to change our style of game, he cant play a part as long as capello is our coach), Nonda and Kovac used in deals.

buffon
miguel thuram cannavaro chiellini
camoranesi emerson zambrotta
riquelme
gilardino zlatan

chimenti
zebina barzagli chivu pessotto
olivera tacchinardi van bommel
mutu
zalayeta del piero

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
The only deal that will go on between Roma and Juve this summer is Cassano. Chivu is staying with us.

Gilardino is pretty much gone to Milan and if Roma do get Spalletti, I think we have a big chance of getting Pizarro.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
well, i expect surprises from roma. players can say they are staying now but come the summer, anything can happen. no one expected capello and emerson to join juve either.

i only want chivu, no others from roma.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Actually in Roma we knew that Emerson was gonna leave. The one that surprised us was Capello. Cassano has a chance to go but Roma would have to be really stupid to give Chivu away.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
who knows mate, maybe chivu is a smokescreen. last season gilardino was highly tipped to join juve but zlatan arrived. wouldnt surprise me if moggi went for another player such as mexes instead of chivu. de rossi springs to mind as well.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Do not know where you heard Gilardino to Juve since he was destined to Roma or Milan. I give you Ferrari...for free...cool? :D :yuck:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
gilardino was heavily rumoured to roma and juve last season summer, as was ferrari. its been this season where milan have entered the scene and probably already snapped him up.

anyway, maybe ferrari will return to form if he joined juve or another club. sometimes environments are just not right for players.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Hey, do you think Mark Van Bommel would be a much better competitor for Emerson then Appiah and Tacchnardi?
Van Bommel has shown in this seasons' Champions League with PSV to be a world-class midfielder who would be right at home with a European top team I think.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yeah i do. i think he would be great for us in the current system capello is playing. the reason i took him out is because it barcelona has secured his services. doesn't really surprise me to be honest. im not sure what player would want to join juve right after the football we have been displaying of late.

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
I think players join Juve to compete for titles, and because the club pays top dollar (or euro) for their services.

And the fact that talented players do grow and become stars here.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yes, players do seem to grow at juve, but thats my point. we never seem to attract the best out there in the summer transfer markets. often teams turn towards clubs such as barca and even inter before juve. money may be an issue, but i also think its the type of football we play also.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts