Xtratime Community banner

Who should we sign?

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should we?

we've been linked with Arshavin but as someone pointed out hes already cup tied so it wont make much sense. but both Marca and AS have picked it up, so there might actually be something there.

Ruud is out for 2 months, but could be longer if he has to have surgery. Robben is out for 6 weeks, not the last 6 weeks this season im sure.

DLR is recovering still dont know when we'll see him back.

we also have the likes of saviola that we just cant rely upon. and since we need a striker/forward/winger, bagging saviola makes sense this time.

do we need to sign anyone? should we promote from Castilla maybe Bueno or Szalai? Tough it out lose la liga and then we can use the injuries as an excuse for not winning?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Promoting someone makes more sense. But the risk is added pressure on them because the team has to deliver. Btw Huntelaar is injured for 6 weeks , so I think we won't go for him thank god :)

Maybe a little shopping in South America? A la marcelo, Higuian and Gago??

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
bring any winger around ! :howler: but the question who's available ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
i like the rumour with the loan + option-possibility... he can play many positions and would i think he could be at least a super-sub!

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
we've been linked with Arshavin but as someone pointed out hes already cup tied so it wont make much sense. but both Marca and AS have picked it up, so there might actually be something there.
Well right now we're not even guaranteed to make it out of the group stage, and even if we do, Arshavin would still be an amazing transfer. I would be 100% for that. We need flair, that is lacking even when Robben is playing.

I don't think we need another striker even at this point. Higuain is on fire, and Raul is still there. If one of them gets injured, we can play the 4-5-1 which is always better for us because it packs our midfield. And Saviola is an underrated forward who can give us good minutes.

If worse comes to worst, we have Bueno too.

Can we get Garay in January?

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if Higuain gets injured then we only have Raul and Saviola.

if it ever gets to that i will make a thread in the barca forum congratulating them on winning la liga.

Saviola is rubbish, scoring a goal against real union means nothing. hes just awful. and as for Raul, well i made a thread dedicated to him being benched at the start of the season which has delievered big time. so really him alone upfront....we might as well start saviola.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts

if it ever gets to that i will make a thread in the barca forum congratulating them on winning la liga.

Saviola is rubbish, scoring a goal against real union means nothing. hes just awful. and as for Raul, well i made a thread dedicated to him being benched at the start of the season which has delievered big time. so really him alone upfront....we might as well start saviola.
wtf?

You make it sound as if Raul didn't start as a lone striker last season when Ruud went injured and we almost didn't feel Ruud's absence AT ALL.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he had Robinho chipping in next to him with goals. Robinho is a goalscorer, a forward, Raul will have guti? drenthe? sneijder? sneijder possibly, but he doesnt look up for it at the moment.

when Ruud was injured last season we were coasting to the title. if higuain gets injured now when we're climbing Everest, its gonna be a steep climb that's all.

anyway we'll cross that bridge when we reach it, now we're just jumping to conclusions, i apologise.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Raul is more than capable as playing as a lone striker. No one can convince me otherwise because he's proved it over and over in his career. Last season was not that long ago either.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
If Drenthe gets injured we have no flair.
If Marcelo and Heinze get injured we only have Drenthe.
etc...

We can't just go buy an abundant amount of players because ppl might get injured.

Our biggest problems right now are:
1) Wingers
2) Central Defence

It doesn't make much sense to buy another striker especially if Ruud is back by then.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Actually Raul showed his best when he was a lone striker .....

23 goals last season , his stupid haters should remember this number

we need a talent PM/winger badly ... what are the scouts ****in doing , there are lots of talent in Brazil and to a less extent in Argentina

I would go for Riquelme .... I'am sure he wont reject playing for RM

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually Raul showed his best when he was a lone striker .....

23 goals last season , his stupid haters should remember this number

we need a talent PM/winger badly ... what are the scouts ****in doing , there are lots of talent in Brazil and to a less extent in Argentina

I would go for Riquelme .... I'am sure he wont reject playing for RM
oh here we go.

look ill just remember "what could have been" if the man that scored 4 goals on the weekend didnt have to play right wing or sit on the bench making way for King Raul...

but as i said about injuries and hypotheticals, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it wont we.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Higuain played as a winger in the 4-3-3 because we don't have a winger, NOT because of Raul.

I can't believe that this isn't clear by now.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
right winger is the highest priority. this would also make Ramos feel more settled, plus increases the chances of Raul staying upfront and scoring.

I do think we should promote a youngster as striker. These guys really work hard to get into the A-team. We just need to give them a chance like we did with Raul & Casillas ...

btw, the b-team is still unbeaten in their league. Its a big jump we all know, but we'd never know if theyll be good for us when we dont try.

Pepe should be fit soon again, so the defense may recover. And hopefully, till Pepe is out next Heinze has recovered his normal form.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
No, I don't want any signings in the Winter. There are no upgrades available on the market other than Arshavin - who has a considerable price-tag and is ineligible for the CL. It doesn't make business nor sporting sense to pursue him.

RVN will be back after the winter break and until then we have adequate firepower in Higuain, Raul and a host of goal-scoring midfielders that may not be on top of their game right now but are too steep of an investment not to be afforded the time to come good.

The team should be more worried about improving defensively instead of thinking about a winter mercato.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Joaquin would be alright. CL eligible.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4-3 against Union. that was our '2nd' team. so imagine a few more injuries say to Pepe and Ramos, and you're going to get that defence. if they concede 3 at home to a 3rd division side, what will they do once we play barca and villareal?

i think we should ship some players off so schuster wont use them. there are players who are liabilities.

SAVIOLA
SALGADO
METZE
CANNAVARO
DUDEK

all out.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
By the end of the season the following will be OUT
Salgado
Saviola
Cannavaro
Dudek
MAYBE: Javi and Metz

As for their replacements:
Opare (hopefully!) for Salgado
Garay for Cannavaro
Benzema for Saviola :D
and a Castilla GK for Dudek

As for the winter, we have one spot available. Our top priority should be a right winger without a doubt, and if we're able to sell Saviola and get a forward in the process that would be wonderful.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts