Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both should stay,but i think someone may leave.both of them are brilliant so i hope none of them leave

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
They should both stay!!

Whats your point to say that Simeone can play more offensive?
Dont you think that a player who can play more defensive isnt needed?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
For all sorts of resons; Quality, importance to the team, flair, LONG-RANGE SHOOTING (Buffon- don't you forget :)), elegance, agreeability (I hate Simeone) it would HAVE to be Almeyda.
Simeone is a good player, but players of his kind come in numbers, while there are only few Almeyda's.

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Don't give me wrong Michel..Simeone can play a defensive role the same as offensive. If i'm not wrong he used to play as a sweeper.

Why we should have two defensive midfielder in the field (Italian team have 2 Clowns, Albertini and D.Baggio)?? Eventhough, 4-5-1 works very well this time but we've got Salas, Lopez, Inzaghi Jr for next season..
Don't you think Lazio should play with 2 attackers instead?? so who should play in midfield?? Veron and Mr.X??

Forza Lazio,
Forza Nedved

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
But how about using 3-5-2 instead of 4-4-2 or 4-5-1?!? Then we could have these two great players as defensive midfielders (giving Simeone more freedom to attack) and let Veron roam freely around! Only thing that prevents this is the lack of (good) defenders, but with the names Gamarra and Cannavaro mentioned in the same breathe as Lazio is good news, maybe we should also bid for some AS Monaco players (Djetou, Cristanval, Trezequet)!
Although it´s very unlikely that mr. Eriksson would use such a formation, STILL I CAN DREAM!!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I've been thinking about this for a long time,I think Simeone should stay with Lazio for one more season. On the other hand, Almeyda hasn't shown his best after long term injury. Both of them has the same skills,ability. The different is Simeone can play more attacking instead of Almeyda.

So what do you guys think??

Forza Lazio

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Neo, just follow the white rabbit, maybe your dreams will become reality aswell :)

Ok, Pierre, I knew what you meant.
I also hated Simeone, I hated him while he was playing at Inter, and I was very shocked to hear that he would be part of the Vieri-trade, but now, I think he is doing a great job so far, so why sell him?

If each season, someone will be solled, and lets buy Mr. X, Lazio wont become a completed team, the players wont get used to eachother.
For example, ManU, those guys play with eachother for years, and they have got a great team on the pitch.

So just stick with the team we have got right now, I aint complaining about it. Sure, sometimes alot can go/goes wrong, like Valencia, but to base a statement like selling FOR EXAMPLE Negro at once, after one big defeat, I dont get that.

I know that this isnt concerning your topic Pierre, I just wanted to say that I am happy with the team we have got right now.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
i prefer simeone, yeah he is important player in lazio, aspecially in the middle field. but almeyda is ok too. he is good players in the middle, but after injured in a couple weeks
he has a half playing from his best before. okay the answer is simeone for a while!!!

i love lazio

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
In my opinion, I'd rather have Simeone than Almeyda. And i'm quite happy with the team right now. Our midfield is one of the best in europe, but the problem happens if They get called by their National team (Argentina).

I reckon Jens Jeremies would be great for next season, and let Simeone stay for one more season. We can trade Almeyda for Pirlo :)

Forza Lazio

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Ok, I hated Simeone, but not anymore.
You see how a persons feelings can change towards a player. :)

But Jeremies!! :(
I will NEVER EVER like him!!
But maybe alot of you like him and all, I hate the SOB.

And trade Almeyda.......dont think so!

NOI SIAMO I BIANCOBLU

M

·
0 Posts
I'm suprised how many of you that have already forgot last season. If you can remember than you will know that Almeyda was the best midfielder in the league.
This year his season have been damaged by his injures. So now you want to get ridd of him.

Vieri have had an bad season. He have scored alot when he have played but injures have stopped him from playing just like Almeyda, and don't you dare say that you don't want him to join Lazio (again).

------------------
"Chi non salta giallorosso e'!!!!!"

Marcelo Salas

M

·
0 Posts
I don't think anyone of them should leave. I really like the argentineans in Lazio, they mean alot for the team.
If we will sell one of them this summer I'm going to be disapoited.

Mrs Nesta

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
mrs. nesta,

i like your comments...it is true..the argentine players in lazio have a great chemistry together...the chemistry is one level higher than the normal team has. i think both simeone and almeyda should stay because they feed off of eachother perfectly...they play better together and thats why lazio has a good midfield...

we talk about playing like a team and not individuals...well, if we do try to seperate the midfield, our team will lose alot of its chemistry...keep the midfield together...bring lopez and a stable defender and we are ready to win championships.

forza lazio

·
Registered
421 Posts
i think two of them doing agreat job
with lazio
why u want to sell one of them
even if almeyda play a worst game
thats mean(directly)all lazio's medfeild plays abad game too
if almeyda goes(i don't mind to leave lazio)
it is hard to got someone like him EVER
oofcourrse simeone is agreat player
he prove him self everyday

S

·
0 Posts
I THINK THAT ALMEYDA IS BETTER THAN SIMEONE. HE IS YOUNGER AND RUN MORE THAN SIMEONE DO. HE IS MAGNIFIC. HE OBVIUSLY SHOULD STAY IN LAZIO. HE IS THE BEST LAZIO PLAYER, OR DO NOT YOU REMEMBER WHO WAS THE BEST PLAYER DURING 98-99 SEASON OF THE "CALCIO"?????? ALMEYDA OF COURSE. HE WAS,IS AND WILL BE THE BEST MIDFIELD DEFENSIVE IN THE WORLD.

I WANT JUST TO SAY THAT!!!

PELADO VAMOS TODAVIA, TE LLEVO EN EL CORAZON!!!!FORZA MATIAS!!!!!
http://matias-almeyda.wm.com.ar

1 - 20 of 27 Posts