Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all is Ronaldinhio out for semis and finals?? I hope just semis.

I expect Brazil to bring back Juninhio for Kleberson. Who should be the lead playmaker.

It obviously comes to Edilson and Kaka.

I see Edilson as a winger. Not the greatest passer. Although I only saw 20 minutes of Kaka I see why you guys rave about him.

The BBC announcer was like "the ball is tied to his laces". His dribble was amazing. I hope to see him in a whole match. And should he not preform as expected Hell we got Rivaldo and Ronaldo!!!!

Come on Ronnie get 6 and 7!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I disagree. Kleberson won the position from Juninho for good. He solved the problem we had in the midfield - if you remember it was nonexistent in the game against Belgium. Against England, Kleberson gave it a backbone which made Brazil's defense look solid for the first time this WC -- and we are not even talking about the qualifiers... :rolleyes:

Juninho therefore will have to struggle for a position against Ronaldinho Gaucho - his original position anyway. He was being improvised further back and wasn't doing such a good job of it anyway. Since Ronaldinho was banned for 1 match, I think it's a given that Juninho will start. Kaka is too young to start on a semi-final. :)

:D

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Cariboca is right,Juninho Paulista is perfect for Ronaldinho's place.I think thats his real position.And Kleberson must stay in the last 2 games.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thank you, kaiserh.

BTW, I love your avatar.

:D

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Depends who you play , Senegal or Turkey.
If you play Senegal , start an experienced player with defensive abilities because Senegal have been playing the most attractive futebol in the world cup . An explosive offensive team , thus Juninho should start. And versus Turkey , play kaka. Their offense is not that good.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
CAriboca ,
your exactly right. We will go now into the final with Klberson ro Ricardinho in the middle. Klberson solved 60% of the problems of our team, which was the unity and the linkage between defense, midfield and attack.

I think Felipao will go with Juninho, but i owuld put Ricardinho. ANd would go with Gilberto Silva, Kleberson and Ricardinho!

That would be a very solid midfield than can create and destroy. Also the possesion we will have with this midfield would be unbelievable.......juninho loses to much the ball, and basically runs, runs and runs.....for once in a while to happen something useful!:fero: :devil:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Maybe Phil should move Rivaldo to ronaldinho's position and play Luizao upfront with Ronaldo.....

BTW Ronaldo is in doubt for the semi Final. No Its a bad idea, considering rivaldo has been exceptional in his prsent position. That leaves Juninho...:confused:

Hope Ronnie is going to be fit for the match. and hope Phil doesn't play him if he is not 100% fit.We do not need a repeat of the 98 finals.:rolleyes:

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
The latest news say that Ronaldo is injured and still doubtfull to play in semi-finals, if so, my attacking option would be like this:

--------------Luizao-------------------
--------Edilson-----Rivaldo-----------

They probably will be afraid of Luizao beacause of his penalty, they won't touch him any more ;)

I also want to see Juninho back, we should attack against Turkey, not defend like against England imo.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Kleberson Will Be With Us For Years To Come!

I think Juninho will be picked to sub Ronaldinho. Kaka isn't ready to begin playing, but he may be useful during the match if we need to carve Turkey's defense open. ;)

I agree Kleberson can't leave the team, and Ricardinho is a more offensive option for his place. We've seen both playing in the position during the Cup, and it's basically a 'short blanket' situation - one is offensive but leaves the defense more open, the other provides better coverage but isn't as creative when moving forwards.

But I personally am a big fan of Kleberson; I think he's the ideal 'second man' to midfield, as he's almost complete as a player, strong, pacey and skillful, being able to shoot or pass with both feet. I think he's going to be a regular in our national Team in years to come. So I hope he keeps the position - I can see Gilberto Silva and Kleberson playing together for a looong time, guys. ;) :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
In Ronaldinho G.´s position Felipão probably will put Juninho, who has the same style, but i prefer Ricardinho, who was fine in Corinthians before this WC. Juninho was forgoted in Flamengo.:depress:

If Ronaldo dont play, i am sure Edilson will be in his position. We need a rapid player, dont a turtle (but Luisão is good, but this is not your time!)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
voimer, felipao already said that if ronaldo doesn't play, it will be luizao. that's guaranteed. but this is the world cup semifinal, and ronaldo WILL play. he is not badly hurt. he felt the pain in the first half against england, but he was able to continue playing in the second half. the reason he came out of the england match was that brazil was down to 10 men and it was better tactics to pull rivaldo back to midfield and put edilson up front alone to run around with the ball and waste time.

natural replacement for ronaldinho gaucho is juninho. i don't even know why we are discussing it. felipao obviously doesn't realize how good ricardinho is. he will put juninho in ronaldinho gaucho's position because they are similar players. that turkey midfield is tough, though, so i hope gilberto silva and kleberson can handle it while juninho is running around like a girl.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Well I do have a certain theory about who should play :) as I was discussing this exact subject with a few of my friends yesterday..

Since Ronaldinho was actually playing as a forward (I've seen every Brazil game and I can't think that they were playing Ronaldo alone up there).. anyway.. not that he's out of the semis.. wouldn't it be a bit realistic to advance Rivaldo to that striker position?? Ok.. why do I think it would be to Brazil's best??:

1. Edilson and Luizao are kinda inexperienced and Brazil do need every shred of experience for a game like this.

2. Rivaldo actually HAS been kinda playing like a forward.. personally, I'd say at least as a striker.. you guys won't have to worry of him keeping hold of the ball for ages then shooting one of those no hope shots.. as much as I believe Rivaldo has so much talent.. as much as I believe his selfishness is hurting Brazil in terms of goal scoring chances.. all through the WC.. I've noticed how he insists on taking shots when a simple through ball would free a team mate..

3. With Rivaldo up front.. you could play Kleberson & Juninho Paulista.. with Denilson coming in for the 1st of them to get tired or under perform..

Personally, as a CM addict :D I'd love to see Kaka :) But I think Brazil should play it safe and go with experience.. so, what do you guys think of my idea??

(Oh.. the idea would work if Ronaldo plays or is injured!!).. :)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
1) Edilson has experience and I trust him alot because he isn't a young guy you know, he's pretty old. Luizao maybe has a tad less experience then some of the guy's on our squad but he does know how to put the ball in the back of the net.

2) It's true what you said, Rivaldo seems like he wants to be the star and sometimes I really can't blame him since he has been performing better then Ronaldo and they kinda don't recognize him as much. Sometimes he takes crazy shots but yes he does need to calm down and be a bit realistic.

3) I don't understand this one. Why would we want Kleberson and Juninho Paulista? Juninho is weak, he runs around with the ball untill he loses it. He's really dissapointed me this World Cup, and Gilberto Silva/Kleberson is finally what we've been looking for and it has worked. Denilson should never start either.. He's a big risk and we don't know if he'll do magic or be a clown like we've seen him do before, he's inconsistent.

BTW, Ronaldo is probably gonna be fit from what I have heard this morning.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Kaka? No chance, 0%.

Edilson has the typical player who face everyone in everytime. If put him against TUR, im sure he will do a excellent job.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
luizao already showed what a great professional he is, when he made one of the smartest plays by brazil in this world cup: when he was being fouled by the turkey player pulling his shirt, he didn't just fall. he kept running and dragging the turkey player into the penalty box with him, then he fell in the box to get a penalty for brazil. this guy KNOWS what to do in and around the penalty area.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Rivaldo is already playing up front. He only came back agisnt Engalnd because Ronaldinho was sent off and we had no one to do the creation in the middle.

ROnalidnho has played all alonghte competition in the wings or just behind the forwards.....not as a center forward....that has only been Ronaldo or Rivaldo!

Juninho is coming in, and Felipao will play with the Turkish minds until 45 minutes before the game.... as he loves to make this suspense.....after all he is the expert in knock out competition!;) :cool:

And Edilson is HUGELY EXPERIENCED...how can one say that he is not?:confused: :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts