Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he's not looking to retire oe be replaced just yet, but who would be your choice as the next Scotland manager?

R

·
0 Posts
He was recently offered a job in Hong Kong.
Apparently 5 million people recommended him for the post.
He should have been thrown out of the Scotland job after the Wembley disaster.
We had England beat. They did not have anything to offer, but Brown let them off the hook by deciding to play safe and keep the 1 - 0 victory for his CV.
Basically he got us knocked out of Euro 2000 by placing himself before his country.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I am shocked that there seems to be a consensu amongst Scots that Brown is no good for them. this really does baffle me so much. How can you slag him after all hge has done for you? Face facts you have limited quality players who can be counted on one hand, IMO they are:
Ferguson, Burley, Elliott and Hutchinson. McAnn is good as well as Booth but I my point is that with the resources that Brown has he has done a great job for Scotland.

R

·
0 Posts
Brown is an embarrasment to Scotland.
He is the first manager ever to go to the World Cup finals without a striker.
He thinks that if we draw every game 0 - 0 then Scotland might sneak through to the next round.
There are several strikers he could pick.
McSwegan of Hearts, Miller of Hibs, as well as Scottish strikers playing in England.
He doesn't consider any of them. He only wants to play Burchell, who is a reserve at Celtic.
We were used to going out of tournaments, but at least we went out battling and fighting with a glorious victory following a ridiculous defeat. Now we are just a boring team who plays for a draw every game.
Anybody else would be better than Brown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts