Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys whilst Wenger is a great coach i believe his greatest weakness is choosing the wrong personnel for each game. The current problem that I have noticed is the unwaranted selection of the skillless Flamini ahead of Fabregas. Every game and I mean every game they have played together Fabregas has played better than Flamini. Please do not give me that staff about Wenger protecting him(the boy almost broke the leg of that Sheffield guy) besides the likes of Rooney are busy stealing all the praise whilst he is rotting away on the bench. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
This question is like asking who should play : Edu or Gilberto ?

For me, that depends on what we need the most at that moment, if we need more back-up to control the midfield and support the defense, Flamini is the one because he has better defensive skill and defensive-minded. And if we want to attack and need a creativity, then Fabregas is the one, because he is more oriented to attack and have better playmaker skill. But in normal condition (where the quality of defense is good), I prefer Cesc.

Flamini is not bad player. If he plays badly, Marseilles wouldn't be so furious to us for 'stealing' their talent. If not because of him, Arsenal would have sustained more goal with Cygan and under-performed Tourè at the back line.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Falmini isn't skill less, he has been great in past two games, he has a fantastic work rate and is finds good angles on his passing as well.

Fabregas is obviously the most talented young midfielder in the World but some games in England you need more defensive instinct especially the way we have been playing lately.

i think Wenger is very right in giving Fabregas a rest as he played much more football than Flamini in the first half of the season and he is four years younger than Flamini as well. the guy you mentioned Rooney wasn't playing every game when he was 17 either, two years is a long time in for a young footballer, many people have beenmoaning about Raul in the past two years a guy who was overplayed in his teens.

I think Wenger has got it spot on myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts