1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my suggestions of countries who are worthy to host the World Cup 2010

1 Brazil
Positive:
They havent hosted any game since 1950. They will almost certain fill their stadiums in all the games. The nations interest will be at the top and they deserve it i think
Negative:
Many poors in the country new stadiums might need to be built.
and the gigantic Maracana need to be renovated or build a completely new stadium as Final stadium.

2. Australia New Zeeland
Positive:
They are stabile countries in a new part of the world.
They have never hosted a world cup before
Negative:
New Stadiums might need to be built and the interest can be low from the local population.

3. China
Positive:
Great numbers in populations almosts secure filled stadiums in all the games. They never hosted any world cup before and will put alot of work to made it to the greatest world cup of all time.
Negative:
Many new stadiums need to be built.

4. USA
Positive:
Many huge stadiums already with the memory from their last world cup this too can be a massive hit.
Negative:
The general interest can once again be low and they hosted it 1994 the time can be too short for them to host a world cup again.

5. South Africa
Positive:
They have a huge goodwill to host the game. The general populations interest can be big.
Negative:
Political and the fact that the country isnt yet stable enought made it to a huge minus.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is going to be held in Africa...After Blatter found a way to rig the last voting for a WC venue, South Africa seems to be the front runner.

I won't be surprised if a North African country bids for it or even a joint bid from countries in that region.

So expect South African, Morroco, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia to be in the bidding...

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I'm calling it now - I'm hosting it at my house, just bring beer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO WAY

1-1-GoalessDraw said:
It is going to be held in Africa...After Blatter found a way to rig the last voting for a WC venue, South Africa seems to be the front runner.

I won't be surprised if a North African country bids for it or even a joint bid from countries in that region.

So expect South African, Morroco, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia to be in the bidding...
among the African Nations South Africa is the only country who have a chnce to get it not the others NO WAY.

USA have agood chance and so do AUSTRALIA and NEW Zeeland i think.

But i think Brazil is worth to host it more than any of the others.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Can Brazil afford it? Like Matte said, a lot of the stadiums need renovating.

I guess it's between Oceania or Africa.

If I'm not mistaken Germany have the 2006 WC, so it has to be one of the other continents.

A lot can happen in 8 years, and personally for me I'd like to see Africa host the tournament. Not necassarily South Africa though, I'd prefer Central/North or West Africa, but the economies aren't good enough (I won't get into the politics of why:rolleyes: ).

I'm sure Oceania would host it very well, but due to it's distant, this may be a problem financially.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing is sure

HakanK said:
Can Brazil afford it? Like Matte said, a lot of the stadiums need renovating.

I guess it's between Oceania or Africa.

If I'm not mistaken Germany have the 2006 WC, so it has to be one of the other continents.

A lot can happen in 8 years, and personally for me I'd like to see Africa host the tournament. Not necassarily South Africa though, I'd prefer Central/North or West Africa, but the economies aren't good enough (I won't get into the politics of why:rolleyes: ).

I'm sure Oceania would host it very well, but due to it's distant, this may be a problem financially.
One thing is sure about Brazil the interest in the country will be gigantic if they get to host the cup 2010 belive me. No chance of dull world cup there.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
I would like any african country other than South Africa to host it.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
The cup will be held in Africa and unless some major upset happens South Africa will get it.

The one that will be up for grabs will be 2014 , traditionally Europe would have gotten it but I think that one it will go to another continent, With South America leading the pack. Brazil and Chile are the main contenders. Argentina could get in with the Chilean bid but everything will depend on their economic situation. I know Canada, USA, Australia all want it and probably China will want it as well. But I doubt if it will go to Asia. England will probably bid for it as well and if Russia can get the cash they would make an attractive option, but I just don't think Europe will get it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
When will the americas hold it again, since 1994, it's been a long time, it's our turn...

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
its south americas turn after africa(at least it should be)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In your dreams

HiJazzey said:
I would like any african country other than South Africa to host it.
Oh yeah i would like to zee how an african nation like Congo or Zaire could handle a world cup or any other war infested and full of corruption african country who could hosted it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
South Africa???

utopia said:
It has to be only one country: South Africa:)
Sotuh africa is the only african country who are ready to host the world cup BUT NOT NOW AND NOT IN 2010.

My biggest bet are USA, Australia/New Zeeland or Brazil
I think Brazil should have the biggest chance they havent had it since 1950
Australia and New Zeeland never had it
USA had it 1994
Argentina had it 1978
China never had it
South Africa never had it
Colombia never had it and never will as long the situation is like it is there.
Mexico had it 1986
Lets see how it will go hmmm??
First Asia 2002
then Americas
then Oceania
The Africa
and then Europe again i think it could be good

Lets see a fantasy election in the future here on Xtratime forum
Just for some worthless fun.

World Cup host 2010
Countries in the first election round
South Africa 11
USA 11
Argentina 9
Brazil 12

Final draw
Brazil 21
USA 9
South Africa 17
Brazil will host 2010
-------------------------------------------------
World Cup Host 2014
New Zeeland Australia 9
Mexico 2
USA 8
China 3
South Africa 17

Final Draw
South Africa 26
New Zeeland Australia 2
USA 19
South Africa will host 2014
--------------------------------------------------------
World Cup Host 2018
England 10
Argentina 9
USA 11
Spain 16
Portugal 11
Russia 3
China 7

Final Draw
USA 8
Spain 9
Portugal 8
Spain will host 2018
-----------------------------------------------------------
World Cup Host 2022
China 7
Argentina 8
Russia 16
Australia New Zeeland 20
Mexico 11

Final Draw
Russia 22
Australia New Zeeland 21
Mexico 2

Russia will host 2022

·
Registered
271 Posts
China: Theyre hosting the next Olympic games, so they're capable of hosting big events and the momentum is in their favour. They also have the cash to build a dozen stadiums quickly if need be. Support from the locals will be assured, whether they like it or not ;).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Gentlemen! It is not about who we will like see host the cup, it is about who will be hosting it. South Africa thought that they had the hosting rights for the 2006 world cup only for the representative from New Zealand to go against his country's wishes and vote for Germany.

Starting from 2010, the WC will alternate between the continents. Africa, South America, Europe, Asia, North America, and back again to Africa...

Teams that can not win away from home soil (continent) better find ways of winning... This bodes well for South American teams who can win anywhere.

PS. Australia will be considered as an Asian country... don't ask me why!!!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Im affriad i disagree 1-1. Its never going to be as simple as "Africa, South America, Europe, Asia, North America, and back again to Africa... ". North America for example, where you have only two countries capable of hosting a World Cup,at the moment, one of which has already hosted the competion twice and the other hosted it a mere 8 years ago, but you believe that they should host another WC in the near future simply because of their geogrpahical location, regardless of how poor their bid is?

Likewise Africa. Aside from South Africa, i can not see a country with any where near the facilities/infrastructure (nor the cash) needed to host a world cup at this moment in time. But you believe that Africa should host the WC twice in 20 years regardless?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mutu, I am not making this thing up. After Germany was awarded the 2006 WC, FIFA decided to alternate the WC among regions.

So be ready to see some sub-standard stadias being used for WC matches.

In essence, the WC will be rotated every 20 years... as opposed to Europe hosting it again 3 times in 16 years? (Italia90, France98, & Germany06).

·
Registered
271 Posts
This is what FIFA have actually said:
The FIFA Executive Committee has expressed a clear opinion in favour of some form of rotating the FIFA World Cup among the six continental confederations, as from the year 2010.
1-1, FIFA considers Oceania to be a continent, therefore Australia is an Oceanic country, not an Asian country.

Nor has it "decided" to rotate, but has merely "expressed a clear opinon a favour of" rotating. Just means other continents will get fairer treatment in future, not that every continent will be awarded an equal number of tournaments.

This bodes well for South American teams who can win anywhere.
Anywhere except Europe u mean ;).

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
South AMerica :glasses:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts