Xtratime Community banner

Who should the penalty taker be?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken the idea of the poll from the Rangers forum.

We've missed some penalties this season. The truth is that I don't like much Eto'o nor Ronaldinho as penalty takers, but I can't think about any who could make it better than them.

Who would you prefer?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd give Márquez a chance, if he has the capability. He seems to want to score goals (he is almost always there at free kicks), and he has power in his shot which usually works well on penalties. One things for sure, though, no more PK's from Ronaldinho, he just dosen't seem to have the psyché for it (the miss against Atletico was flat out horrible)...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I voted Deco. He has a good shot and he looks always calm. Though, a penalty is a lottery: the best penalty taker can miss and the worst can score a penalty. You never know for sure if someone will score.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I guess that he said so because Holland always lose in the penalties. Recall Euros and WCs.
Ah. That's true. Although they broke their nasty habit against Sweden though. ;)

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
How many penalties you have had this season (gifted by referees to be exact)?
how many missed?
And who missed?
Technically, ALL penalties are "gifts" from the referee, since it's entirely up to his discretion whether to give one or not. :D

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Taking penalty has huge responsibility. I think the one in the squad that have huge willingness for more responsibility in the team is Ronaldinho. I always think that taking penalty can have good effects and bad effects. The good one is the player can be more mature, calm and dare to fail. The bad effect is if the player keep missing his penalty, he will lose his confidence. But I think Ronaldinho has great mentallity to take that responsibility.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
I think Ronaldinho should keep taking them.

BUT I want to see Deco and Xavi take more free-kicks. Ronaldinho has been terrible at them this season. If the free-kick is on the right side (goalie's left), I would want Gio to take it with his left foot.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I guess that he said so because Holland always lose in the penalties. Recall Euros and WCs.
Except off course in Euro2004, where they beat Sweden on penelties :(

1 - 20 of 72 Posts